What stories will they have after the Tournament of Power?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

What stories will they have after the Tournament of Power?

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:47 pm

It seems unlikely that this current arc will be the conclusion to the series. Dragon Ball has become too big of a cash-cow to just end right now. That begs the question, where will they go from here? How do they top having a grand battle royale between several universes, especially when the stakes are as high as they are?

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What stories will they have after the Tournament of Power?

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:54 pm

I mean, I don't feel the stakes have to necessarily escalate. Just have the conflict be interesting. As for what that would be, I do not know. I've always wanted to see more of the demon realm. Maybe something with planet salad like so many people want. Could be anything really. Just make it interesting.

I would say hunt for the Super Dragonballs for whatever reason, but since those giant things were easily gathered off screen twice, I can't imagine that being a thing.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:09 pm

A planet Sadal arc must happen.Also,the Pride Troopers might actually come for Goku's head even after the ToP is over.Hunting for the Super DBs is a great potential idea for an arc.

These are just some examples(my favourite ones to be exact :lol: ).The possibilities are countless.
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:14 pm

I would like for something original that hasn't been explored in the Dragon Ball Mythos yet, a good story sells.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:24 pm

The next arcs don't necessarily need to top this one when it comes to stakes. As long as they are interesting it's okay.

Honestly anything can happen. 4 Universes are left out of this Tournament and we barely know anything about the others, including Universe 6.
There's also Zalama, the Namekian Book of Legends, Vegeta visiting Planet Sadla plotlines. They can pick whatever they want.

They also give me the idea Super may continue past EOZ.
The way they showed baby Pan potential and how important it was for Goku to train Uub, so he can use his powers for the good reason. This could lead to something bigger.

We've got a lot of Angels now, but there's also the Demon Realm and a arc about that it's long overdue!

They're also seem to be taking some stuff from Dragon Ball Online:

- Gohan sooner or later may reveal he's writing a book about Ki control.
- Tenshinhan already opened his dojo.
- Krillin is a martial artist again (and maybe he will get inspired to open his dojo too).

I would also like they did a remake of the Evil Dragons arc one day. The Dragon Balls keep being overused. I like the potential of that arc but GT completely wasted it:

- Give us a more interesting Evil Dragons cast overall.
- Don't make Goku/Pan take care of everything and the troops only show up in the end to help beat the final guy.

Anything can happen.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:27 pm

Something with an antagonist to fight. It worries me that both non-movie, non-suggested-from-editorial-staff arcs in Super are just tournament arcs.

I'd love a Planet Salad arc also, but my hopes for that happening are low.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:31 pm

A story That passed the Eoz, and feature another unique antogonist and great cast usage
Mostly active on discord.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:13 pm

Why do stakes have to be even higher lol?

Buu saga if they didn't win the universe would get destoryed, Beerus and Golden Freeza saga just the earth would be lost.

Then you get even a bigger downgrade than that with just earth being moved in a better universe

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:17 pm

MyNiggaGoku wrote:A planet Sadal arc must happen.Also,the Pride Troopers might actually come for Goku's head even after the ToP is over.Hunting for the Super DBs is a great potential idea for an arc.

These are just some examples(my favourite ones to be exact :lol: ).The possibilities are countless.
This.

And don't forget about the Dragon Ball Room to.

They even said they would help be involved into the games and Super.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:27 pm

There's no limits to what they can do.

Saiyans are the face of the franchise and we're getting at least one new one in the tournament so I think we'll eventually get a U6 Saiyan planet arc.

Trunks is also really popular so we could get another arc involving him.

Another Tournament is only a matter of time and it'll be between the 5 strongest universes.

Whis' father and the angles seem to be up to no good so we could get an arc about them as well.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 pm

The erased 6 universes zeno destroyed some time ago could be back at any time with the Super Dragon Balls.

Booze Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booze Sama » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:06 am

My guess is U7's infiltration of the other universes, namely U6 and U11 or vice versa. They should go completely left-field and have Dragonball's version of Marvel's "Cancerverse" which threatens the entire DBU.

Booze Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booze Sama » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:07 am

My guess is U7's infiltration of the other universes, namely U6 and U11 or vice versa. They should go completely left-field and have Dragonball's version of Marvel's "Cancerverse" which threatens the entire DBU.

It would be cool to have Toppo or Hit lend a hand in the next big battle with Goku and co.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:17 pm

They'll bring back another popular character and build a story around him. Super loves nostalgia pandering. My guess is either Trunks will return and we'll get Time Patrol stuff or probably Bardock and Gine will come back and they'll be the primary focus. Anything is possible.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:42 pm

My only wish for now is to skip for Uub already.

I think the U6 tournament, Black and US Arc were just wasted to go down in this 10 years of "peace".

Maybe I'm stubborn, but I don't really want them to miss the opportunity to go beyond EoZ., because at this rate they will do... Maybe Toriyama will get bored and quit, or will run out of ideas, as he already built up nearly all the what-ifs that can be safely pulled out of the franchise.

Few exmaples:
1. Other universes
2. A big conflict involving all the universes
3. A very severe conflict of Future Trunks' world
4. Goku's evil manifestation in canon
5. Bringing back an iconic villain (Golden Freeza) with irrational potential
6. Ultimate DBs with unlimited power and the God who created them
7. The ultimate ruler god (Zen'o - and even two of him :P )
8. Including characters from other medias(Jaco and Arale), and maybe movie-only Saiyan forms(LSSJ and maybe Broly too)
9. Borrowing god figures from different religions
10. Reintroducing beloved fusions(Vegetto)
11. The issue of: "How to handle and immortal enemy?" - Zamas
12. And evil god - Zamas
13. Bringing new Saiyans in (even an entire civilization of them)
14. Long-lost allies with unreasonably higher power level - Lapis
15. People getting normal jobs when they don't get stuff to do on the battle fields(Goku - farmer, Krillin - Police officer, Tenshinhan - a dojo owner, etc.)

And So many other instances of yet unexplored plot-points which are already there so no need of creating brand new content.

My point is that building up what-ifs are not bad, but to use nearly all of them in a "peaceful" period could kill the potential for a true sequel after meeting Uub.

Maybe I could accept the first three major arcs to take place in this years, but the ones like Black and this Universe Survival Arc should have been kept for way latter times.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:19 pm

They mention Uub more than once in Super. So I do think that Uub will be use one day in Super and I hope they will build up something for him.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:17 pm

How how the heavily foreshadowed Oob recently, I have funny feeling they are going to skip straight past EOZ after the Tournament of Power is over, and start the whole "passing the torch" process with Oob, Pan and Bra. I fuckin hope.

RafaelLeon

Post by RafaelLeon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:32 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:How how the heavily foreshadowed Oob recently, I have funny feeling they are going to skip straight past EOZ after the Tournament of Power is over, and start the whole "passing the torch" process with Oob, Pan and Bra. I fuckin hope.
Led by suddenly grown up Trunks and Goten.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:59 pm

The pattern so far has been something new followed by something nostalgic. You start off with Beerus and then you get your old pal Freeza. You start off with U6 and then you see everyone's favorite stepson Future Trunks. New Namek is going to come back into the picture. I'm basing this off of nothing but that is my guess. Namek is back.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:19 pm

After Universe Survival saga I'd like one more saga before a new one taking place after end of Z, eventually leading to the events of Dragon Ball Online.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~