What stories will they have after the Tournament of Power?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What stories will they have after the Tournament of Power?

Post by Low Tone G » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:34 am

Grimlock wrote:After Universe Survival saga I'd like one more saga before a new one taking place after end of Z, eventually leading to the events of Dragon Ball Online.
Maybe I'm the minority, but I don't really see why are people so pro towards DBO to take place in the main continuity... I personally don't care about games to be built in the actual story, not even the XV 1-2 or Heroes...

I desparetly want new content, which we kinda got already, but I was leaning towards the scenario of them to happen after Uub's introduction when they could generate real stakes, but they already play them out.

Now we know already know that at least U7 will be intact in EoZ. So...? Where is the real tension?
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:53 am

If you do know Dragon Ball Online's plot well, you would know why it needs to tie in with the main series. Xenoverse and Heroes have/are their own universe, but Online is a follow up of the manga so it helps.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Maybe they will have either a travel to Planet Sadal on Universe 6 or something involving Ub.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:43 pm

With how this recent episode panned out, I wouldn't mind having an episode after the tournament flashback on how Goten and Trunks did protecting 17's island.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:30 pm

I'm looking for someone to try to kill Zen-Oh which leads the cast into a universe chasing after them or visiting Universe 6's sayians. As much progress as we've covered we honestly haven't once visited any universe properly whatsoever. I'd say jumping into a universe and visiting different worlds in that universe requires a lot of work, probably more than designing a 100 characters. I'm looking for someone in a future arc to have the ability to universe hop leading the cast on a multiverseall chase.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:40 pm

I'm still holding out for:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:46 am

Low Tone G wrote:My only wish for now is to skip for Uub already.

I think the U6 tournament, Black and US Arc were just wasted to go down in this 10 years of "peace".

Maybe I'm stubborn, but I don't really want them to miss the opportunity to go beyond EoZ., because at this rate they will do... Maybe Toriyama will get bored and quit, or will run out of ideas, as he already built up nearly all the what-ifs that can be safely pulled out of the franchise.

Few exmaples:
1. Other universes
2. A big conflict involving all the universes
3. A very severe conflict of Future Trunks' world
4. Goku's evil manifestation in canon
5. Bringing back an iconic villain (Golden Freeza) with irrational potential
6. Ultimate DBs with unlimited power and the God who created them
7. The ultimate ruler god (Zen'o - and even two of him :P )
8. Including characters from other medias(Jaco and Arale), and maybe movie-only Saiyan forms(LSSJ and maybe Broly too)
9. Borrowing god figures from different religions
10. Reintroducing beloved fusions(Vegetto)
11. The issue of: "How to handle and immortal enemy?" - Zamas
12. And evil god - Zamas
13. Bringing new Saiyans in (even an entire civilization of them)
14. Long-lost allies with unreasonably higher power level - Lapis
15. People getting normal jobs when they don't get stuff to do on the battle fields(Goku - farmer, Krillin - Police officer, Tenshinhan - a dojo owner, etc.)

And So many other instances of yet unexplored plot-points which are already there so no need of creating brand new content.

My point is that building up what-ifs are not bad, but to use nearly all of them in a "peaceful" period could kill the potential for a true sequel after meeting Uub.

Maybe I could accept the first three major arcs to take place in this years, but the ones like Black and this Universe Survival Arc should have been kept for way latter times.
Can't say I'm really interested in that. I agree with you about not being interested about going the DBO route for some of the things.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

marcbret87
Not-So-Newbie

Post by marcbret87 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:11 am

Four universes are sitting out the Tournament of Power presumably because they are too strong, so I am guessing they will feature in future arcs.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:30 am

TheMathemagician wrote:
Low Tone G wrote:My only wish for now is to skip for Uub already.

I think the U6 tournament, Black and US Arc were just wasted to go down in this 10 years of "peace".

Maybe I'm stubborn, but I don't really want them to miss the opportunity to go beyond EoZ., because at this rate they will do... Maybe Toriyama will get bored and quit, or will run out of ideas, as he already built up nearly all the what-ifs that can be safely pulled out of the franchise.

Few exmaples:
1. Other universes
2. A big conflict involving all the universes
3. A very severe conflict of Future Trunks' world
4. Goku's evil manifestation in canon
5. Bringing back an iconic villain (Golden Freeza) with irrational potential
6. Ultimate DBs with unlimited power and the God who created them
7. The ultimate ruler god (Zen'o - and even two of him :P )
8. Including characters from other medias(Jaco and Arale), and maybe movie-only Saiyan forms(LSSJ and maybe Broly too)
9. Borrowing god figures from different religions
10. Reintroducing beloved fusions(Vegetto)
11. The issue of: "How to handle an immortal enemy?" - Zamas
12. An evil god - Zamas
13. Bringing new Saiyans in (even an entire civilization of them)
14. Long-lost allies with unreasonably higher power level - Lapis
15. People getting normal jobs when they don't get stuff to do on the battle fields(Goku - farmer, Krillin - Police officer, Tenshinhan - a dojo owner, etc.)

And So many other instances of yet unexplored plot-points which are already there so no need of creating brand new content.

My point is that building up what-ifs are not bad, but to use nearly all of them in a "peaceful" period could kill the potential for a true sequel after meeting Uub.

Maybe I could accept the first three major arcs to take place in this years, but the ones like Black and this Universe Survival Arc should have been kept for way latter times.
Can't say I'm really interested in that. I agree with you about not being interested about going the DBO route for some of the things.
So you are interested or not?
Because Black is supposed to be that evil manifestation...

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:39 am

From the looks of things, uub and his training will be the next story, maybe something more involving his majin nature
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:46 am

Ki Breaker wrote:From the looks of things, uub and his training will be the next story, maybe something more involving his majin nature
Let it be that way! I really hope they will finally make the true sequel to DBZ.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:50 am

All I know is the old cast needs to be put to bed. Let's start a new generation. Pan, Uub, bra, 17's son, Goten, Trunks, and some alien kid can be the new heroes and Goku and Vegeta can take a back seat but still get screen team. The rest of the cast can get cameos from time to time, but for the most part they're done.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:01 am

Beyond wrote:All I know is the old cast needs to be put to bed. Let's start a new generation. Pan, Uub, bra, 17's son, Goten, Trunks, and some alien kid can be the new heroes and Goku and Vegeta can take a back seat but still get screen team. The rest of the cast can get cameos from time to time, but for the most part they're done.
For Goku and Vegeta to retire even for being in a secondary role... Such thing won't work, and we know this... Maybe We can count Bulma as well... Goku, Vegeta(maybe) and Bulma are meant to mean the show itself...

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:42 am

Isn't the point of Super not to go past the EoZ?

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:46 am

Big Black Saiyan wrote:Isn't the point of Super not to go past the EoZ?
That would be a nightmare to be stuck here.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:Isn't the point of Super not to go past the EoZ?
I can see why you would think that, but not really. Perhaps Toriyama doesn't want to continue past EoZ, but if that time comes, Toei will probably just GT it anyway and continue without him.

Speaking of EoZ, I really want Super to just get there and pass it already. The same rough timeframe for five arcs is very unusual for Dragon Ball's style of story telling. Once they've redone EoZ, they also have much more freedom to do whatever they like, since you can't say "but they're fine at this later point in the story" anymore. As to what stories they can tell, though:
  • Planet Sadal visit (This would be perfect as a Vegeta-centric arc. Honestly I'd prefer if Goku wasn't in this one at all, instead being off training Uub or something.)
  • Demon Realm arc (Not that the Supreme Kai doesn't get screentime as it is, but it could give him some character development. The wizardry going on in the Demon Realm also opens for some Uub characterisation possibilities, considering his Buu origin.)
  • Inter-universal war arc (Pulled off correctly, this could rival the Frieza arc.)
  • Divine rebellion arc (Zen'ou as an invincible roadblock is boring. Let's have one or several powerful gods go against him and not get immediately nuked. Bring in Zarama-type gods for this. Goku and Beerus' positions could make this very interesting.)
  • Tons of possibilities on a more local level in various universes!
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:17 pm

A lot of possibilities, besides the foreshadowing of Oob (maybe they got Toriyama to come out and give a story based on after the events of training Oob or probably the events of training him.) there's still the other universes that got off the hook from participating, whats worst is the one's that got off the hook were the strong ones, U1 being "The Supreme Universe" claiming that the angel is like buddha and the GoD looks like Shiva (we all know what kind of God Shiva is, you dont fuck with him) and U12 being "The Ultimate Universe", 2 of the most important ones got out of the events, we'll surely get something from them if they really do get a pass from this arc.

szopman
Beyond Newbie

Post by szopman » Tue May 02, 2017 4:32 am

Honestly, I think that this Saga should be the last DBS story-arc :) I don't really like the idea of making stories after EoZ (bacause I like GT as a series sequel).

But, if this saga isn't the last one, I'd like to see:
-Vegeta visiting planet Salad. Maybe with Trunks (and Goten) ? :) And of course his meeting with the Saiyan King.
-Some cool action with Mystic Gohan.
-One of my dream episodes: Trunks and Mai returns to the past, to invite the Dragon Team to their wedding. Trunks would meet his sister, and would have opportunity to see Mystic Gohan (cause when he saw him in Zamasu Saga, Gohan was a pussy and dissapointment). They could show the wedding, the meeting of two Bulmas (maybe they could even be jealous over Vegeta ? :D ), three different Trunks could meet, etc :D I think it could be a nice two-episode filler. And a nice final farewell to Future Trunks :)
-Some fillers focused on Earthlings like Tien or Master Roshi. I really liked the whole action from RoF when the weaker characters fought Frieza soldiers.
-Maybe the final duel between Goku and Vegeta?
-Some story involving TEEN Trunks and Goten. Seriously, it's the high time to show the teenagers that we saw in EoZ. Maybe for eg. Goten becomes Great Saiyaman 3, and cocky Trunks decides to be some kind of the rival super-heroe ? :D + let's just imagine more adult version of Gotenks ; )
-And one last time and I'd like to see Tenkaichi Budokai. Yes, we had this tournament between U6 and 7, and now the Tournament of Power. But TB is TB. And they should show this TB referee too :) It would have more sense if for eg. only earthlings would participate. Maybe for eg. Tien participating with his students to give them some motivation (something like Roshi and his students in DB), and Krillin, Roshi, Yajirobe and Yamcha participating too, just for fun and remembering the old times? With Goten and Trunks of course ! :)

I think that's all hypothetical actions I'd love to see after this saga :) And one thing I really, really don't want to see in Super: any new SS transformation above SSJ Blue. It's too much already with God, Blue, Rose and Rage.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Tue May 02, 2017 10:34 am

Well my list is:

1 - Vegeta & Goku visits Planet Sadal (where Cabba & Caluiflowa get to train from Vados and we get to see them get SSJ Blue or U6 Equivalent if Toei gets creative)
2 - Demon Realm Invasion which introduces Demon Gods/Goddesses and maybe Fallen Angels
3 - Exploration into some of the other universes (such as U2 & U11)
4 - Return of Future Trunks & Mai for a Wedding Multi Parter Story.
5 - Goku meets His Parents when visiting King Kai [Since King Kai is still dead lol]

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue May 02, 2017 10:36 am

Bardock is gonna come back..
Too big of a deal to not happen, specially if super goes long enough
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker