What stories will they have after the Tournament of Power?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What stories will they have after the Tournament of Power?

Post by omaro34 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:34 pm

It would be a damn shame if they never visit Planet Salad.

I have a gut feeling that Piccolo will suddenly have the urge to go back to Namek and that will be the last we see of him.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 02, 2017 8:41 pm

omaro34 wrote:I have a gut feeling that Piccolo will suddenly have the urge to go back to Namek and that will be the last we see of him.
He appears in end of Z, though. But Piccolo needs to return to Namekusei nevertheless, once there, plot will give him a new form, because he needs it. Either the form seen in Dragon Ball Online or give him the god form. I never get why, of all races, Saiyans should be the only ones to get to the realm of gods and Namekuseijin warriors don't.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed May 03, 2017 6:39 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Bardock is gonna come back..
Too big of a deal to not happen, specially if super goes long enough
I don't really think Bardock will come back, unless they write a story involving time breakers like in Xenoverse/DBO.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 03, 2017 9:39 am

Grimlock wrote:
omaro34 wrote:I have a gut feeling that Piccolo will suddenly have the urge to go back to Namek and that will be the last we see of him.
He appears in end of Z, though. But Piccolo needs to return to Namekusei nevertheless, once there, plot will give him a new form, because he needs it. Either the form seen in Dragon Ball Online or give him the god form. I never get why, of all races, Saiyans should be the only ones to get to the realm of gods and Namekuseijin warriors don't.
Its not that others dont IMO its that if everyone knew readily how to use or obtain God Ki what is the point?

I think it's good they have spaced it out a bit if it happens.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed May 03, 2017 10:03 am

Hopefully an arc past end of Z involving Uub fighting a new antagonist. PLEASE.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:04 am

Unless I missed something, I'm still not entirely convinced there WILL be material after the Tournament of Power arc. I'm certainly open to it though.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 03, 2017 11:51 am

Marlowe89 wrote:Unless I missed something, I'm still not entirely convinced there WILL be material after the Tournament of Power arc. I'm certainly open to it though.
You seriously think they're going to stop this money train?

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Wed May 03, 2017 1:46 pm

Well, there was this tweet like yesterday where Toyotaro said they're laying the groundwork for Super catching up to EoZ, so there.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed May 03, 2017 2:31 pm

It's very obvious the next arc will have Uub, Pan and adult Trunks/Goten as the new heroes. Even if Goku is still around.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed May 03, 2017 2:42 pm

precita wrote:It's very obvious the next arc will have Uub, Pan and adult Trunks/Goten as the new heroes. Even if Goku is still around.
How exactly? I don't see anything indicating that.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed May 03, 2017 2:45 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
precita wrote:It's very obvious the next arc will have Uub, Pan and adult Trunks/Goten as the new heroes. Even if Goku is still around.
Everything is pointing to them finally going to EOZ:

- Uub is brought up again very recently

- Trunks/Goten being purposely excluded now makes me think they're saving them for when they're in their older designs.

- Toei clearly wants to do something with Pan, but they can't now since she's a baby

Lastly this tournament feels like a "last hurrah" for the older DBZ cast. By the time we get to EOZ everyone is old, I don't see the likes of Krillin, Tenshihan, the Androids, etc. playing any major role after we go through the next timeskip.

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Wed May 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:Unless I missed something, I'm still not entirely convinced there WILL be material after the Tournament of Power arc. I'm certainly open to it though.
Dragon Ball has been the second highest grossing franchise for Bandai Namco since 2015, I really doubt they would stop making new episodes. Super atm is more valuable than One Piece, and One Piece is by far the biggest manga of all time (even now).
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:29 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:You seriously think they're going to stop this money train?
I think it's absolutely a possibility. Super was originally advertised to cover the "lost decade" between the end of the Buu saga and EoZ, and Toei could very well go through with that.

Nothing is known for sure, so jumping to the conclusion that it's going to continue well beyond the EoZ timeframe seems just as premature to me as jumping to the conclusion that it's definitely going to end soon. There haven't been any strong hints from the creators either way, so no, I'm not really convinced of anything yet.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Wed May 03, 2017 6:50 pm

precita wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:

- Trunks/Goten being purposely excluded now makes me think they're saving them for when they're in their older designs.

- Toei clearly wants to do something with Pan, but they can't now since she's a baby

Lastly this tournament feels like a "last hurrah" for the older DBZ cast. By the time we get to EOZ everyone is old, I don't see the likes of Krillin, Tenshihan, the Androids, etc. playing any major role after we go through the next timeskip.
You're assuming they even wanna go past the EoZ. Maybe they don't?

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Wed May 03, 2017 6:55 pm

Why do people keep saying this? that its gonna end soon? I even saw people say this during the champa arc and that legit the first actually super arc. heres A great video from Rhymestyle and Geekdom101 why it won't. https://youtu.be/4d7ShZvvzbI?t=54

there are four universes that won't even be in this arc, because they are too good. For a reason to be used later, anf if they werent gonna use them later they would have had Zeno destroy them at the very start of this arc.
Last edited by ChaosLordBrandon on Wed May 03, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Wed May 03, 2017 7:00 pm

precita wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:

This is not gonna happen lol.

Goku is way to iconic and popular to be replaced without a massive shit storm amongst japanese fans, they have a Goku day in japan for a reason.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed May 03, 2017 7:01 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
precita wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: How exactly? I don't see anything indicating that.

Goku is way to iconic and popular to be replaced without a massive shit storm amongst japanese fans, they have a Goku day in japan for a reason.
Goku also has his own statue in Japan,he's pretty much an icon there along with many iconic anime characters such as Lum who also has her own statue but i doubt any of you remember her.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Wed May 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
precita wrote:

Goku also has his own statue in Japan,he's pretty much an icon there along with many iconic anime characters such as Lum who also has her own statue but i doubt any of you remember her.
You have to have anime/manga knowledge of the 70s to know who Lum is. She is a OG.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu May 04, 2017 12:41 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
precita wrote:

Well Urusei Yatsura is one of my all time favorite anime so....

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:05 am

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:Why do people keep saying this? that its gonna end soon?
I didn't say that, you just misinterpreted my post.

My position on whether the series will continue after EoZ is entirely neutral.