A potential plothole or one more Universe will be spared?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

A potential plothole or one more Universe will be spared?

Post by Grimlock » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:03 pm

As you know, the prize for winning the Multiversal Tournament is the Super Dragon Balls. The Super Dragon Balls as far as we know reside in both Universe 7 and Universe 6 only, and they were created by one being, Zarama, which means that he may come from one of these two Universes. As the Multiverse in Dragon Ball does not work in the same manner as DC and Marvel, it is safe to assume that there is not a Zarama in other Universes to create these objects and provide all the other twin Universes with the Super Dragon Balls.

With that being said, I ask you... Will Universe 6 prevail since it holds some of the Super Dragon Balls? If Universe 6 loses, it will immediately be destroyed, taking the Super Dragon Balls along with it.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: A potential plothole or one more Universe will be spared?

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:19 pm

I could have sworn the Grand priest said they had already gathered the Balls with the help of Champa who already had a few of them. If so I would think the Priest has them stashed away some where.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:33 pm

Boo Machine wrote:I could have sworn the Grand priest said they had already gathered the Balls with the help of Champa who already had a few of them. If so I would think the Priest has them stashed away some where.
He did. The Super Dragon Balls have already been collected for the tournament, so even if Universe 6 or 7 gets destroyed, they'll be fine.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:34 pm

Boo Machine wrote:I could have sworn the Grand priest said they had already gathered the Balls with the help of Champa who already had a few of them. If so I would think the Priest has them stashed away some where.
Your not wrong, the SRBs have been gathered by the Grand Priest with Champa's and are more then likely tucked away safe and sound somewhere.

As for Zarama there creator, it has never been stated that he is even still alive. All that was said was his name, that he created them a very long time ago and used the patented special stars in their center. He could very well be long dead at this point. Also we know very little about the Super Dragon Balls, there is no evidence stateing that they are in any way tied to Zarama's life the way the copy variants are.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:41 pm

I really don't remember that, I just remember that Champa was gathering once again the Super Dragon Balls.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:52 pm

Grimlock wrote:
I really don't remember that, I just remember that Champa was gathering once again the Super Dragon Balls.
Episode 78 when it's explained that they are the prize.
I think the big question is, will the Dragon Balls still work if Zalama dies?

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:34 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I think the big question is, will the Dragon Balls still work if Zalama dies?
Man, he seems to patent stuff around, and no sign of him/her/it/erghhh yet. How can you kill such a thing?
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Pluto wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I think the big question is, will the Dragon Balls still work if Zalama dies?
Man, he seems to patent stuff around, and no sign of him/her/it/erghhh yet. How can you kill such a thing?
I don't know, destroy universes randomly and hope you get him
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker