The Ultimate concept... Again

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

The Ultimate concept... Again

Post by Kishido » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:23 am

I love that Gohan is back and all but still the Ultimate concept is bothering me.

Why the others do not take the ritual as well... Same for god ritual but this is another topic.

Add I'm not talking about the effects on them power wise, even if it would still do wonders to Trunks/Goten, but for the simple fact that they do not need to transform into Super Saiyan and above, which wouldn't put a strain on the body anymore.
But currenlty I bet like with the god ritual that's just for the plot, even if it doesn't make sense.

And now what's interesting to see... What would Ultimate Gohan get if he would master God Ki?

Episode 90 and Goku vs Gohan will be interesting with the "breaking the wall" title... Piccolo even mentioned it that's not the end for Gohan
Last edited by Kishido on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chillekasper
Not-So-Newbie

Re: The Ultimate concept... Again

Post by Chillekasper » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:26 am

Kishido wrote:I love that Gohan is back and all but still the Ultimate concept is bothering me.

Why the others do not take the ritual as well... Same for god ritual but this is another topic.

Add I'm not talking about the effects on them power wise, even if it would still do wonders to Trunks/Goten, but for the simple fact that they do not need to transform into Super Saiyan and above, which wouldn't put a strain on the body anymore.
But currenlty I bet like with the god ritual that's just for the plot, even if it doesn't make sense.

And now what's interesting to see... What would Ultimate Gohan get if he would master God Ki?
Gohan will get SSJ-White-mystic-God-SSj :lol:

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:27 am

Chillekasper wrote:
Kishido wrote:I love that Gohan is back and all but still the Ultimate concept is bothering me.

Do not forget Ikari in it :lol:

Chillekasper
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Chillekasper » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:30 am

Kishido wrote:
Chillekasper wrote:

Do not forget Ikari in it :lol:
-Ikari-SSJ-White-mystic-God-SSJ-

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:37 am

That meme may turn into a reality down the road, #roadtoUltimateIkari

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:45 am

Just as people baselessly assume other Saiyans would keep the power of SSG, so too is there no reason to think that everyone else has the same untapped potential as Gohan.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:56 am

Simere wrote:Just as people baselessly assume other Saiyans would keep the power of SSG, so too is there no reason to think that everyone else has the same untapped potential as Gohan.
Read my post slowly again... and you will notice something

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:09 am

Kishido wrote:
Simere wrote:Just as people baselessly assume other Saiyans would keep the power of SSG, so too is there no reason to think that everyone else has the same untapped potential as Gohan.
Read my post again, slowly or fast, as you like, for nothing you said changes my point.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:23 am

Simere wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Read my post again, slowly or fast, as you like, for nothing you said changes my point.
I read it and still do not is the point of my post... I'm not talking about the power they can unlock but the "form" itself which doesn't need to transform in SSJ

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:31 am

Kishido wrote:
Simere wrote:
Kishido wrote:
I read it and still do not is the point of my post... I'm not talking about the power they can unlock but the "form" itself which doesn't need to transform in SSJ
Is it not an assumption you're making that everyone who undergoes the ritual would get a similar "form" as Gohan's Ultimate?

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:36 am

Simere wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Simere wrote:
Is it not an assumption you're making that everyone who undergoes the ritual would get a similar "form" as Gohan's Ultimate?
Because Elder Kai told him even what to do... Why should others have a different way?

SquadronGOD
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SquadronGOD » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:57 am

Hopefully only Full-blooded Saiyans can go God... it would make everything make sense.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:52 pm

Then why do the half saiyans and quarter saiyans get to participate in the ritual. I don't think that's how it works. They can each become the SSG, perhaps they would would be a weakened version of the most powerful saiyan, GOKU, but they would be SSGs nonetheless.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue May 02, 2017 7:13 am

MagmonKai wrote:Then why do the half saiyans and quarter saiyans get to participate in the ritual. I don't think that's how it works. They can each become the SSG, perhaps they would would be a weakened version of the most powerful saiyan, GOKU, but they would be SSGs nonetheless.
They should just address that the ritual is difficult to do because it takes very strong will from the participants so it would require them to get in a bad situation again to have the same heart required to summon the Super Saiyan God.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 02, 2017 7:26 am

Because earning your power is a big deal in Dragon Ball and other anime. Someone like Goten or Trunks hasnt earned the right to that level of power. They probably would do it if they HAD to but right now no-one is interested in holding hands to make Goten/Trunks gods.

With Ultimate we are assuming Elder Kai would do it. Why would he? Why would he grant a power that hasn't been worked for at all and isnt needed?
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 02, 2017 7:28 am

emperior wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:Then why do the half saiyans and quarter saiyans get to participate in the ritual. I don't think that's how it works. They can each become the SSG, perhaps they would would be a weakened version of the most powerful saiyan, GOKU, but they would be SSGs nonetheless.
They should just address that the ritual is difficult to do because it takes very strong will from the participants so it would require them to get in a bad situation again to have the same heart required to summon the Super Saiyan God.
I'd prefer the explanation that Goku/Vegeta are Saiyan Gods now and cant participate in the ritual. Something like it has to be a non-God Saiyan.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue May 02, 2017 7:45 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
emperior wrote:
I'd prefer the explanation that Goku/Vegeta are Saiyan Gods now and cant participate in the ritual. Something like it has to be a non-God Saiyan.
But that wouldn't stop U6 Saiyans from abusing it, unless they do get all destroyed after this tournament.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 02, 2017 9:27 am

emperior wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
emperior wrote:
But that wouldn't stop U6 Saiyans from abusing it, unless they do get all destroyed after this tournament.
That is true. Since SSJ exists its posdible/probable the ritual does too.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue May 02, 2017 1:17 pm

People stil do not understand what I mean... Maybe cuz of my bad english... But I will try it

I'm not talking about the power which would be drawn out... Cuz Goku and Vegeta doesn't have much potential left if not any... But for the simple fact that they wouldn't have to use Super Saiyan anymore to unleash their full power.

Wouldn't it actually be even better in the long run?

Goten and Trunks would benefit a lot of it... But I was thinking about Goku... In the past he couldn't use Kaioken cuz of Super Saiyan and now it is even a risk with Blue.

But what if he would have this "Ultimate" mode without the backdraws of a SSJ transformation?

Of course we could go and say they whould do the god ritual instead but still... this is just about the Elder Kai method. As we have learned you can teach god ki in an other way while the Ultimate mode not

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue May 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Maybe he can only perform the ritual once, or maybe they want to get stronger on their own without relying on a ritual?