What's everyone's thoughts on *SPOILER* ​coming back?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on *SPOILER* ​coming back?

Post by Boo Machine » Thu May 11, 2017 7:54 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Who would you guys rather have: Freeza or Goku Black on the team? Both are unreliable deadly allies. But if you had to have a warrior which would you choose and why? I'd probably pick Freeza since he's not a that crazy, and has some respect for those stronger. Goku Black would just keep getting zenkai boosts from Jiren and become so unstoppable after the tournament. He'd be a scary guy to have to fight again.
I've been hoping for Black to be on the universe 10 team, even though I know that's probably 99.9% unlikely. Mostly because he is SUPER dead. But also that he would do everything in his power to make sure universe 7 gets erased if not every other universe. Can't really see him being a team player for any team.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Thu May 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Yeah, but this is a hypothetical situation anyway. It's safe to assume Goku Black would win the tournament anyway.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Thu May 11, 2017 8:17 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Yeah, but this is a hypothetical situation anyway. It's safe to assume Goku Black would win the tournament anyway.
How would Goku Black win when it was already shown Goku and Vegeta surpassed him? Fused Zamasu would probably win though.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 11, 2017 8:19 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:Yeah, but this is a hypothetical situation anyway. It's safe to assume Goku Black would win the tournament anyway.
How would Goku Black win when it was already shown Goku and Vegeta surpassed him? Fused Zamasu would probably win though.
They didn't, though? Black powered-up right before fusing and he had both Goku and Vegeta on the ropes.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Thu May 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Doctor. wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
They didn't, though? Black powered-up right before fusing and he had both Goku and Vegeta on the ropes.
Wasn't Vegeta whooping Black's but in their final fight? They fused because they were losing. And when Goku actually used his full power he damaged merged Zamasu. He didn't even bother with Kaioken against Black either.
And in the manga version they were whooping Black after coming back too.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 11, 2017 8:26 pm

I'd like to see Gokû Black return, but not for this tournament; during some other later arc.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 11, 2017 8:28 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
Wasn't Vegeta whooping Black's but in their final fight? They fused because they were losing. And when Goku actually used his full power he damaged merged Zamasu. He didn't even bother with Kaioken against Black either.
Yes, and then Black powered-up, got his scythe and had Goku and Vegeta surrounded; watch episode 64 again.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Thu May 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Doctor. wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
Doctor. wrote: They didn't, though? Black powered-up right before fusing and he had both Goku and Vegeta on the ropes.
Yes, and then Black powered-up, got his scythe and had Goku and Vegeta surrounded; watch episode 64 again.
I forgot that was after Vegeta beat up Black, but Goku only used his full power against fused Zamasu, and the manga version had Black losing to Vegeta. Not to mention Goku and Vegeta have been training for this tournament and I never said Black wouldn't be the strongest, or st least one of the strongest there, I said he wouldn't win. I don't see him soloing Universe 11, and Hit could arguably kill him. Plus he wouldn't be able to take Goku, Vegeta, and Frieza at the same time.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 11, 2017 8:47 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
I forgot that was after Vegeta beat up Black, but Goku only used his full power against fused Zamasu, and the manga version had Black losing to Vegeta. Not to mention Goku and Vegeta have been training for this tournament and I never said Black wouldn't be the strongest, or st least one of the strongest there, I said he wouldn't win. I don't see him soloing Universe 11, and Hit could arguably kill him. Plus he wouldn't be able to take Goku, Vegeta, and Frieza at the same time.
I don't see why you keep bringing up the manga when we're talking about the anime and they're two different continuities.

Regardless of whether or not Goku and Vegeta ended up as stronger than Black, Black has a much higher potential and can increase in strength during battle much faster than those two can.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Thu May 11, 2017 9:45 pm

Doctor. wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Yes, and then Black powered-up, got his scythe and had Goku and Vegeta surrounded; watch episode 64 again.
I don't see why you keep bringing up the manga when we're talking about the anime and they're two different continuities.

Regardless of whether or not Goku and Vegeta ended up as stronger than Black, Black has a much higher potential and can increase in strength during battle much faster than those two can.
Nobody said anime version, and the manga and anime will have the same winner so if manga Black can't win the tournament then the anime one wouldn't either if it actually happened. And anime Hit is just as impressive as anime Black.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:Who would you guys rather have: Freeza or Goku Black on the team? Both are unreliable deadly allies. But if you had to have a warrior which would you choose and why? I'd probably pick Freeza since he's not a that crazy, and has some respect for those stronger. Goku Black would just keep getting zenkai boosts from Jiren and become so unstoppable after the tournament. He'd be a scary guy to have to fight again.
I've been hoping for Black to be on the universe 10 team, even though I know that's probably 99.9% unlikely. Mostly because he is SUPER dead. But also that he would do everything in his power to make sure universe 7 gets erased if not every other universe. Can't really see him being a team player for any team.
Shouldn't Goku Black exist in the new timeline in which Trunks and Mai were heading to? I mean, it was a time before Shin got killed by Black and Zamasu gaining his wish.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu May 11, 2017 11:24 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:Shouldn't Goku Black exist in the new timeline in which Trunks and Mai were heading to? I mean, it was a time before Shin got killed by Black and Zamasu gaining his wish.
Whis warned the other Beerus about Black and Zamasu so he could deal with them.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:26 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:Shouldn't Goku Black exist in the new timeline in which Trunks and Mai were heading to? I mean, it was a time before Shin got killed by Black and Zamasu gaining his wish.
Whis warned the other Beerus about Black and Zamasu so he could deal with them.
It was stated that Whis was gonna ask Beerus to seal them both up, if I recall. Not to kill them. Presumably similar to how Beerus sealed Old Kai in the Z Sword.

Dpc292
Banned

Post by Dpc292 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:29 pm

...I WANT FRIEZA TO BECOME A GOOD GUY AND HAVE CAULIFLA GO TO UNIVERSE 7 AND THE TWO OF THEM TO FALL IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Thu May 11, 2017 11:32 pm

I know that Goku Black isn't really possible. I was just re-watching the old FT arc and I just loved his fighting style. Wish Goku was a bit more ruthless like Black. I just hope he comes back, stronger and badder than ever. Be the new Freeza lol, man freeza is like a cockroach you can't get rid of that guy...

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri May 12, 2017 12:46 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Miracles wrote:It's not confirmed that Freeza will take Buu's spot.
Kakarot has to get an answer from him.
"Kakarot" dosen't have enough time to recruit someone else, from a story point of view it's clear freeza is a part
Not really. Cell could walk up and take the offer.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Fri May 12, 2017 1:01 am

I honestly can't believe the writers are bringing back Frieza. The infatuation the writers have with Frieza is borderline psychotic. The only reason the "Resurrection of F 2" is good is because it adds a strong member to Universe 7. But here's why I don't like it:

1) Buu gets shafted...again: I really was excited to see Buu fight for U7 because I thought he created an interesting matchup for his opponents. He's a nearly indestructible blob that can turn people into candy. His fight in the Exhibition Match was excellent to me and built hype. Then the new slimmed down Buu form added to the hype. So to see Buu's character fall apart and have a powerful ally like him sit on the sidelines while Roshi is fighting is dumb.

2) The lost opportunity to bring in a new character: This Universe Survival arc presented a golden opportunity to introduce a new character from U7. This is the second time the writers have chosen not to bring in a new powerful character from U7. The first flop was when they brought in Monaka and tricked most of you into thinking he was super strong. After seeing Monaka for about two episodes I knew it was a lie and I even posted on a thread here way before his reveal. Anyways, bringing in a new formidable character causes excitement to me because we get a new story to view and there's a chance we're surprised by what the new character can do. I'm so interested to see what all the new characters can do from all of the other Universes. But instead we get a retread of Golden Frieza.

I can't wait to see how dumb the recruitment of Frieza turns out to be. I mean Frieza can't even kill anyone in the tournament. And why would he side with his arch nemesis Goku especially since Frieza is already dead himself? And as for Goku, where the heck are the writers taking his character? He is already beginning to be viewed as a bad guy by the Pride Troopers and even some Gods for wanting to have such a tournament. And now Goku is going to recruit a villain when everyone else in his Universe objects to it? What are you now Goku? Also for all those people saying that the Tournament of Power will feature more teamwork, how does Frieza have any chemistry with the rest of the team?

Overall bringing Frieza back is a major letdown to me. So much potential to build with Buu or bring in a fresh face to the DB franchise but no, we get the same old Frieza. Are they gonna give Frieza and Frost the Vegeta and Cabba treatment where Frieza shows how far his race can go and turns Golden to knock out Frost like Vegeta did when he went SSB to knockout Cabba? Of course I'll still watch it but it's just not the same
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:15 am

Asura wrote:That being said, they did handle Black very well. Yet the rest of the arc was an absolute disaster clusterfuck. Bringing Trunks back? Great idea! Having him get random ass power boosts with zero explanation making him on par with SSB as well as creating a spirit bomb? To the point where many people who liked Trunks from Z want to never see him return in Super ever again? Not such great execution.
I do find Trunks's asspull towards the end of the arc to be quite aggravating. But the few episodes focusing on Trunks on the Present timeline interacting with other characters was great to watch. We actually see Trunks seeing what difference he made by altering history such as granting his master Gohan another chance in surviving to the point where he gets to pursue his dreams of becoming a scholar and having a family. Not to mention, Vegeta (who is reformed now) and Present Trunks attempting to motivate a stressed out Trunks and not leaving all the work and duty to Goku and Vegeta like what he originally though in EP 54. We actually see how all that motivates Trunks, who was already traumatized after Black killed his mother and presumably Mai.
Asura wrote:Having the villain be a Kai gone rogue? Great idea! Having him be vastly inferior and less interesting than his Goku Black counterpart that later goes away completely once they fuse? Bad execution.
With Future Zamasu, I may understand since he's the most bland out of the Zamasu incarnations. Though with Merged Zamasu, I don't really see what's so bad about him.
Asura wrote:Having Trunks' time travelling be a sin that is now causing his world to get destroyed, despite the fact that he had to time travel just to save his world from getting destroyed the first time? What a great conflict and a great idea. Having to send Trunks into some random ass timeline where a carbon copy of himself and Mai exist instead of just staying in the current timeline or finding some way to get his world back as a result? Bad execution.
Future Zen'o erased everything from Trunks's timeline and reduced it to oblivion and a void full of nothingness. Trunks's timeline is fucked into oblivion to the point where it can't be helped or fixed. Hell, even a statement from Beerus in EP 50 foreshadows this type of ending where he even states that there are times nothing can be done and it's important to accept failure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp520p87tH0
Asura wrote:Having an arc that brings back all the old school players like Krillin & Roshi? Great idea, now we just need to find out how to make them useful with actual techniques and strategies since they lack the power of Goku & Vegeta. Oh, what's that? We're just going to make them magically stronger with barely an explanation? Bad execution.
If you're gonna use the whole Krillin pushing back SSJB as a complaint, it's made pretty obvious that Goku was astronomically holding back against Krillin. The only reason he transformed was to test Krillin and see what strategy Krillin can come up with to deal with a power rivaling the gods.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri May 12, 2017 3:55 am

Miracles wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Miracles wrote:It's not confirmed that Freeza will take Buu's spot.
Kakarot has to get an answer from him.
"Kakarot" dosen't have enough time to recruit someone else, from a story point of view it's clear freeza is a part
Not really. Cell could walk up and take the offer.
Cell has to be in freeza's personal hell for that, which he isn't as far as the show goes till now
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri May 12, 2017 7:02 am

Ki Breaker wrote: Cell has to be in freeza's personal hell for that, which he isn't as far as the show goes till now
And Cell might have reincarnated by now. He was only alive in his adult forms for a couple weeks at most, which limits the amount of evil he could have committed. Frieza on the other hand is much older than Goku and was terrorizing the galaxy for decades.