So we gonna ignore the fact Tenshinhan got trashed??

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: So we gonna ignore the fact Tenshinhan got trashed??

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 14, 2017 10:35 pm

Maybe Tenshinhan just sucks and all his fans should get a new favorite character?

Or just spend all that passion creating fan comics or fan animations.

Flip a coin!

Right now there isn't anything solid being contributed to discussion by just repeating the facts and how angry they make one. Turn that passion into art, it's what Japanese fans do with their elaborate fan parodies.
Last edited by JulieYBM on Sun May 14, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun May 14, 2017 10:53 pm

GigaDrill wrote:At least he's still relevant
Tien isn't that far away from being Yamcha'd
The difference is Yamcha can still be used for comedy, Tien's personality doesn't really fit well for anything outside of fighting. Likely why he never got any filler episodes beforehand and why his episode focused more on Roshi's perverted antics than Tien himself.

I at least expect Yamcha to continue to make appearances throughout Super even if he doesn't fight. Tien might as well fade away into obscurity again after the tournament.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon May 15, 2017 3:36 am

If though Tien didn't get a hit in he took the attacks from Gohan without efencing and was able to go again straight away so Tien can take some serious damage.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Mon May 15, 2017 3:42 am

Doctor. wrote:Maybe people will realize now that he was never as strong as fans like to pretend he is.
Weaker than Roshi though. Seriously. Where DID that come from? :P :lol:

139 to potentially low millions now without even a hint of him un-retiring from training? Did he spam the gravity chamber or some $$it?
namekiansaiyan wrote:If though Tien didn't get a hit in he took the attacks from Gohan without efencing and was able to go again straight away so Tien can take some serious damage.
And that. Tien took damage from Gohan. Can't say Roshi wouldn't be knocked out cold from Gohan's punch there.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon May 15, 2017 5:06 am

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Maybe people will realize now that he was never as strong as fans like to pretend he is.
Weaker than Roshi though. Seriously. Where DID that come from? :P :lol:

139 to potentially low millions now without even a hint of him un-retiring from training? Did he spam the gravity chamber or some $$it?
Gokus god power absorbed grass, that shit's apparently really potent.. :lol:
Besides, goku mentioned roshi was training constantly in secret, together with the tricks up his sleeve, no wonder tien got wreaked
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon May 15, 2017 5:34 am

Ki Breaker wrote: Gokus god power absorbed grass, that shit's apparently really potent.. :lol:
Besides, goku mentioned roshi was training constantly in secret, together with the tricks up his sleeve, no wonder tien got wreaked
He's also using his Buff form, which he never used for actual combat prior to Resurrection F has he? He could've been training that form specifically for all these years.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon May 15, 2017 7:46 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:Tenshinhan isn't necessarily weaker than Roshi. He could have underestimated him and been caught off guard, and Roshi also had a power boost from the magic.
My understanding also. And this new episode pretty much states that Tenshinhan is stronger than Roshi, otherwise Goku would tag with him instead of Ten.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:37 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:
My understanding also. And this new episode pretty much states that Tenshinhan is stronger than Roshi, otherwise Goku would tag with him instead of Ten.
I thought the reason Tenshinhan was part of the tag team match was because Gohan requested it, he has no idea Roshi became stronger than Ten.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon May 15, 2017 11:47 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Roronoa-pt wrote:
I thought the reason Tenshinhan was part of the tag team match was because Gohan requested it, he has no idea Roshi became stronger than Ten.
Gohan requesting Tenshinhan pretty much states that he's stronger than Roshi & Chaozu, IMO. Chaozu & Roshi were ignored for a reason.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Gohan doesnt know that Roshi was training in secret, and he never witnessed his strength like Goku and Tenshinhan did..

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon May 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Roronoa-pt wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Roronoa-pt wrote:
Gohan requesting Tenshinhan pretty much states that he's stronger than Roshi & Chaozu, IMO. Chaozu & Roshi were ignored for a reason.
Thats silly. Last epsode we saw Roshi fight in a recruitment episode and that is why Tien got this match. Nothing more or less.

Of course Chaozu was ignored...when has Chaozu NOT been ignored?
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Mon May 15, 2017 1:10 pm

At this point I'm thinking Chiatozu would be a better option than Tenshinhan seeing how he was actually able to restrain Base Goku when he wanted to fight against "Monaka". He'd be a great addition to the team and can cooperate with others, maybe he can even share a few words with Goku for a start.

Compare that to Tenshinhan who didn't even get the chance to use his Kikoho and got knocked out in one-hit. He's shitty at teamwork and even his Kikoho can only do so much.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon May 15, 2017 1:28 pm

Roronoa-pt wrote:
He didn't think much of Krillin either and didn't want to recruit him. How did that work out for Gohan?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Mon May 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Kind of messed up how quick we are to lambaste characters for looking bad in situations outside of their control, yet also so quick to scream BS when it's our favorite character eating shit. Tien isn't that popular, so maybe toei can get away with this without people breaking their doors down and demanding retribution. Compare Yamcha in Z to Yamcha in Super. People crap on Yamcha in Z because THEY want to. People at Toei want you to crap on Yamacha in super. You can tell by how they write him. In Z there was usually a reason for this type of beat down. In super, it's just Toei cracking the whip.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Beyond wrote:Kind of messed up how quick we are to lambaste characters for looking bad in situations outside of their control, yet also so quick to scream BS when it's our favorite character eating shit. Tien isn't that popular, so maybe toei can get away with this without people breaking their doors down and demanding retribution. Compare Yamcha in Z to Yamcha in Super. People crap on Yamcha in Z because THEY want to. People at Toei want you to crap on Yamacha in super. You can tell by how they write him. In Z there was usually a reason for this type of beat down. In super, it's just Toei cracking the whip.
To be fair, even Toriyama doesn't give two shits about Yamcha. Hell, he left him out completely in Resurrection F and gave the most embarrassing excuse for his absence. If there was any time for Yamcha's character to shine it would have been during that movie, given the context of the plot. But Toriyama made it abundantly clear who among the supporting cast he actually gives a damn about: Piccolo, Krillin, Tien and Roshi. The roster of the team Universe 7 epitomizes this. Right down to Majin Boo being sidelined again.

At this stage, Yamcha is a character that exists to be just a joke.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue May 16, 2017 3:23 am

I'm Ten's fan. Toei does not care about him, but Tori does, enough to include him here and there and fighting too, so he's not getting out of the team. He is not gonna last long, but he is there to start. It's true the treatment he has had in this two episodes hasn't made me happy, so I expect he kicks out at least one or two opponents before being out himself in the tournament.

I'm Gohan's fan too, but I celebrated his come back when he fought Lavenda. What they did to him in the RoF arc was awful, also when he met Trunks again after so many years. I feel he is back too and I'm happy for that, I didn't expect less than ultimate for him and Goku made him the captain. But, one thing, Goku makes his son the captain, but yet he decides who comes to the team, I'm referring to Freeza. Well, Goku, that's not how it works.

At least Ten has the Kikoho, looking the effect it had in Cell, looks like a good technique for this tournament, it can push a group of enemies out, even stronger than him. It's definitely better than the Kiezan, as killing is forbidden. Oh, Krilin has the Tayoken x100, how original, who's is that technique? I wonder who Toei loves more. Anyway, it's the one technique that didn't need an improvement, it's meant to blind the enemy for a while and then attack or escape and everyone can use it. I bet the idea of improving it came from Toei writers. The one he used against the Saibamans, it was used again, that's a good one for this tournament. I like Krilin too, don't get me wrong.
Heno heno kappa!

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:23 am

Tenshinhan was never that strong so why complaining about??

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue May 16, 2017 10:20 am

JulieYBM wrote:Maybe Tenshinhan just sucks and all his fans should get a new favorite character?

Flip a coin!

Right now there isn't anything solid being contributed to discussion by just repeating the facts and how angry they make one. Turn that passion into art, it's what Japanese fans do with their elaborate fan parodies.
My friends and I do that sorta, though the only one of us who can actually draw in Toriyama style is a lazy bum, so it's mostly just fan FICTION right now. (Not posted on the internet as of yet)

Either way though that's kinda a BS excuse. Of course we still want our favorite characters to be treated well in the actual official show. Especially in their own episodes. I mean they inserted some fanservice such as the four witches technique, but he still did nothing helpful in terms of fighting in his own focus episode. People also want power consistency, which we hugely lack.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue May 16, 2017 10:54 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Maybe Tenshinhan just sucks and all his fans should get a new favorite character?

Flip a coin!

My friends and I do that sorta, though the only one of us who can actually draw in Toriyama style is a lazy bum, so it's mostly just fan FICTION right now. (Not posted on the internet as of yet)
Who cares if it's fan fiction? Look at what Otaku accomplish by continually pushing their passion and skill to the point of being able to create high-quality fan works that they can share and consume. Take possession of the characters you love by creating new fan works with them.
TekTheNinja wrote:Either way though that's kinda a BS excuse. Of course we still want our favorite characters to be treated well in the actual official show. Especially in their own episodes. I mean they inserted some fanservice such as the four witches technique, but he still did nothing helpful in terms of fighting in his own focus episode. People also want power consistency, which we hugely lack.
You aren't the ones making this work and having to navigate the difficulties involved. Things happen and they cannot be changed, but that doesn't mean something positive cannot be contributed in a different forum. It's fine and dandy to want things to be different (I'm nowhere near pleased with the series as a whole), but you need to have the perspective to understand where you fall and what one can realistically accomplish.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu May 18, 2017 11:06 pm

JulieYBM wrote: It's fine and dandy to want things to be different (I'm nowhere near pleased with the series as a whole), but you need to have the perspective to understand where you fall and what one can realistically accomplish.
So you're saying we shouldn't complain or voice our opinions on pretty much anything then? I mean it doesn't matter that Toriyama's never gonna read through Kanzenshuu or anything. No one thinks that. Forums are for voicing opinions and that's what will people do. I mean I don't know what you expect, for people to just ignore faults and only give blind praise?