So we gonna ignore the fact Tenshinhan got trashed??

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

So we gonna ignore the fact Tenshinhan got trashed??

Post by Shuby » Thu May 11, 2017 2:41 pm

The dude trained since god knows how long, and simply gets trashed by Muten Roshi??! I only have one reaction to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHQ5GCqikGc

Doctor.
Banned

Re: So we gonna ignore the fact Tenshinhan got trashed??

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Maybe people will realize now that he was never as strong as fans like to pretend he is.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Thu May 11, 2017 2:45 pm

No one ignored it. The discussion is being had in the episode thread. So I find it odd that you made a separate thread for it.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Thu May 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Doctor. wrote:Maybe people will realize now that he was never as strong as fans like to pretend he is.
It doesnt even make sense, dude trained for years, has his own dojo, constantly wants to improve his martial arts and gets trashed by arguable the weakest character in the rooster...

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 11, 2017 2:47 pm

Shuby wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Maybe people will realize now that he was never as strong as fans like to pretend he is.
It doesnt even make sense, dude trained for years, has his own dojo, constantly wants to improve his martial arts and gets trashed by arguable the weakest character in the rooster...
Well, Tenshinhan is the weakest character in the roster now.

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Thu May 11, 2017 2:48 pm

Boo Machine wrote:No one ignored it. The discussion is being had in the episode thread. So I find it odd that you made a separate thread for it.
No one asked if you found it odd or not it deserves all the hate it gets.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu May 11, 2017 2:50 pm

He got paralyzed by one attack, he didn't get "trashed."

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Thu May 11, 2017 2:51 pm

precita wrote:He got paralyzed by one attack, he didn't get "trashed."
yeah right...

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu May 11, 2017 2:52 pm

Tien got bodied by roshi, he shouldn't be here anymore, forget Krillin, compare him with Yamcha from now..
He was caught off guard by a shock also didn't wanna kill roshi, but yeah leats ignore that

Also, aside from the being thoroughly discussed in episode threads and shitstorming the power level threads, yeah, we so gonna ignore that..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 11, 2017 3:10 pm

Shuby wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:No one ignored it. The discussion is being had in the episode thread. So I find it odd that you made a separate thread for it.
No one asked if you found it odd or not it deserves all the hate it gets.
This is the precisely the issue about Super discussions I dislike, people just want to blow negatives out the water, it is perfectly fine being discussed in the episode thread there is a reason those threads exist otherwise separate topics like this just needlessly clog the sub forum up. Much less the fact your OP was just a comment...

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu May 11, 2017 3:15 pm

Shuby wrote:The dude trained since god knows how long, and simply gets trashed by Muten Roshi??! I only have one reaction to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHQ5GCqikGc
I'm not sure where you've been since 2015 but this is par for the course. Even I'm getting tired of talking about it.

IKevinX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by IKevinX » Thu May 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Like all the other inconsistencies we can say that Tien was holding back because he doesn't want to hurt Roshi. So he was likely supressed. Since Roshi displayed a powerlevel that no one knew he was able to possess he automatically surprised everyone, including catching Tien offguard.
Roshi also used his pikac--thundershock attack, much like the four arms, as a throwback. But I remember in particular from Dragon Ball that the attack was dangerous to use.

But most importantly, Tien isn't a Saiyan so most don't care how weak he got as long as he doesn't force Goku to go SSJ or SSJ Blue in a match. XD
Playlist for my Deep Look series on DBS. Analysis Manga+Anime
Playlist for my Top 7 Best moments on DBS, per arc.

Awesome Goku Black Tribute
Goku SSJ4 vs Goku SSJ God

I don't know why Jpn loves the first Broly movies given then enormous amount of parodies, but I've come to love them aswell, hence the Paragus.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -You know who. (Not Voldemort)

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu May 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Well if you want a reason...

Tien is running a school now and that takes up your time no matter how strong you are. As a result he cannot train all day and night like he used to.

Mean while Roshi, who's got none to teach at all and all the time in the world, has been sneaking in extra training sessions. This is actually pretty cool of the old guy, its nice to see that the "God of Martial Arts" has not let himself go.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu May 11, 2017 4:37 pm

Tien will look good in episode 90.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu May 11, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm sick of my boy Tenshinhan being screwed.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu May 11, 2017 10:26 pm

My PC answer:
Goku stated that Kame-sen'nin has been secretly training all this time, and surely must have surpassed at least Kuririn as well. There isn't much of an explanation given, but we'll just have to see how this actually pans out in the ToP.

My honest answer:
[spoiler]It's because some folks at Toei lack respect for the characters, the universe, and the audience. Because of this, I've become increasingly good at turning off my brain while watching Super to get the maximum possible enjoyment out of it.[/spoiler]

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri May 12, 2017 3:09 am

Ok, let's analyze what happened.

First, Roshi is stronger than in the DB times, Goku acknowledges this and suggests that Roshi could have trained in secret. So in his new level and in his bulky form, which is probably a multiplyer too, he uses the lightning technique on Tenshinhan and that hurts him. If anything, this proves Roshi is better than what we thought.

Now, Tenshinhan goes to the floor for a second after receiving attack, but he is on his feet right after and in good shape, the fight wasn't over. The writers, like most times, gave the fight to Goku after that, which was a pity. We didn't see much about Tenshinhan, just the four arm technique for a second and so gratuitously, which was the bad type of fan service, the one brought up only for show off, without necessity or adding anything to the story. Because there is good fan service too, Roshis's lightning was fine, it meant something in the fight.

So with what we saw in the episode and what we know about the characters, there is not enough at all to say that Roshi has surpassed Tenshinhan. Honestly, no way he has, Tenshinhan has never stopped training and he had the special trainings with Kami and Kaio that Roshi never had. I could buy that Roshi is stronger than Yamcha now, because the guy stopped training for a very long time.

I'm not against the four arm technique. What if Ten would use his four arms to make a double Kikoho or four simultaneous Dodonpas. There is potential there, I hope we get something like that or something new.
Heno heno kappa!

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Fri May 12, 2017 4:03 am

It's not like Tenshinhan was aiming to seriously harm him or anything, I think it's just a low showing with a high amount of plot induced stupidity which is nothing new, it happens all the time in comics.

He'll look better in episode 90.
batistabus wrote:My PC answer:
Goku stated that Kame-sen'nin has been secretly training all this time, and surely must have surpassed at least Kuririn as well.
Even if Roshi is somehow stronger than Tenshinhan, that wouldn't mean he's stronger than Kuririn who had a far more impressive showing against Goku.

Roshi was taken out by Base Goku pretty easily. He may have been under someone's control in order to bring out his full power but Goku still didn't feel the need to transform to defeat him.

Meanwhile Kuririn dominated Base Gohan without really trying. Then he technically defeated Goku in a tournament setting. He was also more than a match for Base Goku, forcing him to transform into SSJ with his attacks.

Roshi being stronger would also heavily conflict with the synopsis for the arc which refers to Kuririn as the strongest Earthling.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Fri May 12, 2017 6:10 am

Tenshinhan is useless, but, the guy on the video is a total retard. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ki Breaker wrote:Tien got bodied by roshi, he shouldn't be here anymore, forget Krillin, compare him with Yamcha from now..
He was caught off guard by a shock also didn't wanna kill roshi, but yeah leats ignore that

Also, aside from the being thoroughly discussed in episode threads and shitstorming the power level threads, yeah, we so gonna ignore that..
The last episode proves that Tenshinhan is probably weaker than Yamcha.