So we gonna ignore the fact Tenshinhan got trashed??

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: So we gonna ignore the fact Tenshinhan got trashed??

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun May 14, 2017 6:22 am

The writers who did episode 89 and 90 are a disgrace because of what they did to Tien.

Toei and Toriyama never treat all characters fairly.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun May 14, 2017 8:15 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: The properties of the talisman and Yurin's spell at the very least gave Roshi some kind of access to unique abilities that he didn't have before, given he suddenly had the ability of flight.
No opinion but just to play devils advocate....why couldnt Roshi train to fly?
Well, if he could do it, he would have done in during the Resurrection F arc.
Unless he only learned after. Flying while hard shouldnt be impossible for someone like Roshi.

I dont think he can....just batting for thebother team for fun lol.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 14, 2017 8:18 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:The writers who did episode 89 and 90 are a disgrace because of what they did to Tien.

I somewhat understand some grievances you may have with episode 89 in its handling of Tien, but there were no issues with episode 90. Tien got justifiably thrashed by a much stronger opponent.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun May 14, 2017 9:32 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:The writers who did episode 89 and 90 are a disgrace because of what they did to Tien.

I somewhat understand some grievances you may have with episode 89 in its handling of Tien, but there were no issues with episode 90. Tien got justifiably thrashed by a much stronger opponent.
Krillin and Roshi looked good even though they are way weaker.

Why put Tien in the match if all you are going to do is make him look stupid for no reason.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun May 14, 2017 9:57 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

Why put Tien in the match if all you are going to do is make him look stupid for no reason.
Do you feel less confident in your belief they'll all do well at the tournament? You're always saying "why would they bring them if they're not going to do anything", and it just happened yet again.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun May 14, 2017 10:04 am

Why should everyone be treated fair? Its just like life...some people arent as good at certain things as others even when they are also talented themselves.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun May 14, 2017 10:38 am

Simere wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I somewhat understand some grievances you may have with episode 89 in its handling of Tien, but there were no issues with episode 90. Tien got justifiably thrashed by a much stronger opponent.

Do you feel less confident in your belief they'll all do well at the tournament? You're always saying "why would they bring them if they're not going to do anything", and it just happened yet again.
No I don't because this is Toei nonsense before the actual tournament begins.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Why should everyone be treated fair? Its just like life...some people arent as good at certain things as others even when they are also talented themselves.
The past 2 episodes look like they were deliberately trying to make Tien look stupid.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun May 14, 2017 11:03 am

Are you talking about previous week episode or this one?! Oh wait...:lol:

People have been asking for non-saiyans characters to be relevant for years even though they couldn't keep up anymore, so things like this are to be expected.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun May 14, 2017 11:09 am

Apparently this thread is gonna get revived everytime tien makes an appearance :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun May 14, 2017 12:19 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Are you talking about previous week episode or this one?! Oh wait...:lol:

People have been asking for non-saiyans characters to be relevant for years even though they couldn't keep up anymore, so things like this are to be expected.
Give bullshit power ups to non-saiyans just like the saiyans get so we don't get things like this happening to Tien or other any other non-saiyans.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sun May 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Shinda Forever wrote: Kuririn didn't dominate base Gohan, the truth is that Gohan and Goku were only testing Kuririn's limits nothing else. The only thing that Kuririn showed was his experience as a warrior and how smart he can be in a Bukokai type tournament to outsmart his opponents.
I realise that my response is late, but feats are feats. Episode 84 proves that while Kuririn is weaker than Base Goku & Gohan, he's strong enough to overpower them with his tricks and attacks as shown when Goku was literally forced to use Super Saiyan. There's no headcanoning around that one.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Sun May 14, 2017 6:49 pm

MainJPW wrote:He'll look better in episode 90.

NOPE

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sun May 14, 2017 7:02 pm

The Monkey King wrote:
MainJPW wrote:He'll look better in episode 90.

NOPE
LMAO, Trashinhan made a fucking liar out of me. :)

Two episodes in a row of getting fodderized.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun May 14, 2017 7:36 pm

The funniest part of Tenshinhan was this line:

Who does he think he is?! It was just a matter of time until reality punch him in the gut. :P
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun May 14, 2017 7:43 pm

I think Tenshinhan often forgets just how above the Saiyans and Piccolo are actually above him. Even back in the Cell saga he knew he was left far behind, that's why he didn't go into the time chamber to train.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun May 14, 2017 8:53 pm

In universe explaination: In an arc where the emphasis is on team work skills, being a loner is a disadvantage for Tien.

Gotta admit though; after watching Krillin and Yamcha get the crappy end of the stick for years and years to the point they were the laughing stock characters of Dragonball Z within the casual fanbase, it's a tiny bit carthartic to see Tenshinhan finally getting a little taste of that humility too. Tenshinhan's only supposed to be around their level anyway, so I was always vexed by why, for example in the Bojack movie, Tien got a respectable fight against Trunks which he lost but came out with his dignity whilst Krillin and Yamcha were treated like total jokes.

At least unlike Yamcha, Tien will probably bounce back from this one.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun May 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Akyon wrote:In universe explaination: In an arc where the emphasis is on team work skills, being a loner is a disadvantage for Tien.

Gotta admit though; after watching Krillin and Yamcha get the crappy end of the stick for years and years to the point they were the laughing stock characters of Dragonball Z within the casual fanbase, it's a tiny bit carthartic to see Tenshinhan finally getting a little taste of that humility too. Tenshinhan's only supposed to be around their level anyway, so I was always vexed by why, for example in the Bojack movie, Tien got a respectable fight against Trunks which he lost but came out with his dignity whilst Krillin and Yamcha were treated like total jokes.

At least unlike Yamcha, Tien will probably bounce back from this one.
Tenshinhan has been treated as a joke for a long time now. He got knocked out with one kick from Boo, who mocked him for being so weak. Then, when the Earth blew up, Goku didn't even think about him.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sun May 14, 2017 9:20 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:The funniest part of Tenshinhan was this line:

Who does he think he is?! It was just a matter of time until reality punch him in the gut. :P
If he assumed that Goku would take Gohan and that this was a light sparring match, his words aren't that bad.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun May 14, 2017 10:29 pm

It's almost like Toei's/Akira's way of showing the fanbase who still want to debate who is stronger (Kuririn or Tien). I like them both but definitely always stuck with Kuririn, as per Toriyama. Though I've got to say, the performance of Tien these past two episodes make him seem much more weaker than where he should be. I'm going to wait for the ToP...I'm hoping he displays some strategy and shows why he can be a great asset to the team.

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Sun May 14, 2017 10:31 pm

At least he's still relevant
Tien isn't that far away from being Yamcha'd