What if Frieza is back because...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RIP_Power_Levels

What if Frieza is back because...

Post by RIP_Power_Levels » Fri May 12, 2017 4:43 pm

For those out of the loop, early synopses for episodes 92-93 reveal that Buu will enter a deep sleep, and be rendered unable to fight in the Tournament of Power for Universe 7. They also reveal that Goku will suggest resurrecting Frieza for 24 hours to take Buu's place.

While I would have preferred for Buu to remain the tournament, since we’ve seen so little of his fighting and the potential his character can bring to fight scenes and the story. Also, at first I was with most users on this forum thinking that Frieza’s character is run dry, and he can no longer bring anything new to the table. However, I realized Frieza can still contribute something to the story.

Most characters in Dragon Ball Super so far believe that years ago, Frieza destroyed Planet Vegeta out of fear of the legendary Super Saiyan, acting completely of his own will. However, it was revealed in the Ressurection of F arc that Frieza was actually under the orders of Beerus, who was annoyed with the Saiyans after King Vegeta kept the best pillow in the universe for himself and gave Beerus the second best. Before going back to sleep, Beerus ordered Frieza to destroy Planet Vegeta for him, and thus we have the set up for all of Dragon Ball onward.

For such a significant revelation, this has only been addressed once in the anime as far as I remember. To me, this has to mean that this point may serve a big purpose in the future, as the characters we know and love suddenly learn the true reason for why there lives were so irrevocably altered...Beerus was responsible all along. If it hadn’t been for planet Vegeta’s destruction, Goku may have grown up as a regular Saiyan boy who would have never encountered Earth at all. Vegeta may have become king of his people one day. No Earthlings would have ever known unimaginably powerful beings such as Saiyans, Cell, Majin Buu, and literal gods had even existed, if Goku had never been sent to Earth in the first place. If Beerus hadn’t ordered Planet Vegeta’s destruction, everyone’s lives would be vastly different.

I think that the reveal of Beerus’s role in planet Vegeta’s destruction is a small hint for a huge future plot point in the show. A point in which Goku and the gang finally learn the true reason for planet Vegeta’s destruction. A reminder to the audience of something they knew all along but forgot about. Beerus and Whis have made it clear they want to keep the truth from everyone, but Frieza hasn’t. I think his return means that he will tell everyone why he really destroyed planet Vegeta. We can guess how Goku and Vegeta would react to this. Their lives were most directly affected by planet Vegeta’s destruction. They may seek revenge against Beerus for his role in destroying their home. A new arc may be made out of this. For this reason only, I’m hyped for Frieza’s return.

Kaboom

Re: What if Frieza is back because...

Post by Kaboom » Fri May 12, 2017 5:14 pm

deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!