Idea for Gohan's Hinted New Form

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NerdintheBay

Re: Idea for Gohan's Hinted New Form

Post by NerdintheBay » Fri May 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Purple is definitely what we know so far.

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Sun May 21, 2017 2:20 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
gofishus wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
So I believe that Manga Trunks' SS2 form that he fought SS3 Goku with is a Super Saiyan 2 Grade 2. The Battle of Gods 'My Bulma' Vegeta is a Super Saiyan 2 Grade 3. Super Saiyan Rage would be a Super Saiyan 2 Grade 4.
So.. SSJ2 grade 3 & 4 > SSJ3?
Yeah, I know it's fucking weird to think of. I do truly believe that there is a strong relation between SS2, SSRage, 'My Bulma' SS2, and Manga Trunks Improved SS2.

Super Saiyan 2 was supposed to be the perfected form of Super Saiyan. Trunks' SS2 Grade 2 is a better version of that. Vegeta's 'My Bulma' rage was harkening back to the true essence of Super Saiyan. SSRage was it, but fully actualized. It seems like SS3 was a forced overclock that failed miserably.

SS1 and its Grades provided strength, but not enough. SS2 worked, but Goku focused on outputting more power in the wrong way, hence, maybe it didn't work well. He may have tried to output more power without the use of rage and SS3 was an SS2 form that couldn't handle the power.

Manga Trunks' Improved SS2, 'My Bulma' SS2, and SSRage fixed that by focusing on the rage from the SS2 form.
I have this same idea as well for the progression of the SSJ forms and that improving SSJ2 is the true way to go instead of achieving SSJ3, which I believe is a fluke. Although I do think that it's possible that SSJ3 alternatively could be dependent on how powerful SSJ2 is.

So since SSJ3 is 4x SSJ2, it would be 4x whatever state of SSJ2 was achieved (Improved, Furious Mutation, Ikari).

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Sun May 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Almighty Majin wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
gofishus wrote:
So.. SSJ2 grade 3 & 4 > SSJ3?
Yeah, I know it's fucking weird to think of. I do truly believe that there is a strong relation between SS2, SSRage, 'My Bulma' SS2, and Manga Trunks Improved SS2.

Super Saiyan 2 was supposed to be the perfected form of Super Saiyan. Trunks' SS2 Grade 2 is a better version of that. Vegeta's 'My Bulma' rage was harkening back to the true essence of Super Saiyan. SSRage was it, but fully actualized. It seems like SS3 was a forced overclock that failed miserably.

SS1 and its Grades provided strength, but not enough. SS2 worked, but Goku focused on outputting more power in the wrong way, hence, maybe it didn't work well. He may have tried to output more power without the use of rage and SS3 was an SS2 form that couldn't handle the power.

Manga Trunks' Improved SS2, 'My Bulma' SS2, and SSRage fixed that by focusing on the rage from the SS2 form.
I have this same idea as well for the progression of the SSJ forms and that improving SSJ2 is the true way to go instead of achieving SSJ3, which I believe is a fluke. Although I do think that it's possible that SSJ3 alternatively could be dependent on how powerful SSJ2 is.

So since SSJ3 is 4x SSJ2, it would be 4x whatever state of SSJ2 was achieved (Improved, Furious Mutation, Ikari).
I also believe this and that is why Goku prefers to use SSJ2 whenever he fights in a non-blue state, its the perfection of power + stamina. SSJ3 increases power at the expense of stamina. Trunks and Vegeta seemed to have access additional layers of SSJ2 and Goku also prefers to use it by default (sparring against Black, Trunks, Gohan etc)

supersaiyan1993

Post by supersaiyan1993 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:56 am

gohans new form could be ultra instinct .

reasons why
1. its a form which is different to all the super saiyan transformation
2. gohan has already had his potential unlocked which may of already broken his limit
3. gohan is aiming to surpass goku.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:42 am

supersaiyan1993 wrote:gohans new form could be ultra instinct .

reasons why
1. its a form which is different to all the super saiyan transformation
2. gohan has already had his potential unlocked which may of already broken his limit
3. gohan is aiming to surpass goku.
4) He fought that wolf while blind

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:22 pm

i really hope that Gohan doesn't achieve ANYTHING in the ToP. If he wants a new transformation, firsrt he should train for it. How much has he trained in the last 7-8 years [in the series] including the Buu Saga? Less than 4 days as it is implied. He didn't even enetered the RoSaT. He getting a new power and becoming god tier level out of nowhere would be more bullshit than the 4 month Frieza's training.

Even Trunks "asspull" would look small compared to this, as at least Trunks trained years, fought for years, and lived in a hellish world.

I'll be ok if AFTER the ToP Gohan starts training and become involved in a new arc, and achieves something new well deserved in fight, not out of nowhere. Did the books that Gohan read gave him power? lol.

Oh, also i would be ok if he turns the so called "Ultimate Form" his base form, like if he can sustain and stay on that form without needing to power up.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:54 pm

I'm kind of for mystic with god ki and ultra instinct. They are technically not transformations. They are technically techniques but SSB is a ki compression technique applied to ssj. So, if he does god ki with just mystic white could be a logical color change potentially as it's god ki using mystic. And ultra instinct is another tehnique.

So, Ultra Mystic God Form.

Or as kanious put it maybe Ultra Mystic Ultimate God Gohan.

I think all gohan needs to surpass his father is god ki compression techniques and ultra instinct. Anything he throws on top if just for show at that point. God ki alone should surpass everyone else in raw power but jiren(assuming jiren is not using ultra instinct).
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:47 pm

I'd be the happiest if they made a colored SSj form for Gohan and officially named it "Mystic Gohan", so that you can no longer use that glorified fan term to refer to Ultimate Gohan :lol:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:39 pm

With how much they're foreshadowing Ultra Instinct's return, I doubt Gohan will get anything. The focus is entirely on Goku.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:15 am

I'm personally looking forward to Gohan Blancom

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Arugela wrote:I'm kind of for mystic with god ki and ultra instinct. They are technically not transformations. They are technically techniques but SSB is a ki compression technique applied to ssj. So, if he does god ki with just mystic white could be a logical color change potentially as it's god ki using mystic. And ultra instinct is another tehnique.

I think all gohan needs to surpass his father is god ki compression techniques and ultra instinct. Anything he throws on top if just for show at that point. God ki alone should surpass everyone else in raw power but jiren(assuming jiren is not using ultra instinct).

"All Gohan needs to surpass his father is the ultimate technique even Gods struggle with"

Yeah...good luck with that.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:25 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Arugela wrote:I'm kind of for mystic with god ki and ultra instinct. They are technically not transformations. They are technically techniques but SSB is a ki compression technique applied to ssj. So, if he does god ki with just mystic white could be a logical color change potentially as it's god ki using mystic. And ultra instinct is another tehnique.

"All Gohan needs to surpass his father is the ultimate technique even Gods struggle with"

Yeah...good luck with that.
Technically gohan has already done this with the ZSword training. It's not outside of his character to do such a thing. I was mainly refering to his base form. It's probably beyond goku. Especially if you include his mystic form. so that is the only type or level of power up he needs to be on par with goku. I'm saying he's not far off technically. Regardless if he gets it or not. And goku could perfect it and let him train by slapping him to death or letting gohan train against him on offense if goku gets it back with enough energy. Gohan is a quick learner.

What if they did something insane like have goku and gohan fuse via fusion dance to learn the technique. Or goku and vegeta do at first and vegeta learns the technique from it so they keep fusing to pass it around.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001