Idea for Gohan's Hinted New Form

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Idea for Gohan's Hinted New Form

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon May 15, 2017 7:34 pm

Alright, so with the recent DBS Ep. 90, we have seen a change in Gohan. He was able to hold his own against Base Goku, SS2 Goku and knocked SSBlue Goku back. He achieved his Super Saiyan 2 and his Ultimate forms again training with Piccolo. He truly seems to be growing past every limit he has had.

The kicker to me is that he said, "I want to achieve an ultimate form that no one has ever seen. I want to do it differently than you, Dad."

This is to me is the clearest sign that he will be getting a Super Saiyan White, or something like that. In Ep. 90, he said he is steering away from Super Saiyan forms. He probably won't achieve SSBlue or SSRage then. White would be as pure as Gohan's heart and well-fitting.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Re: Idea for Gohan's Hinted New Form

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon May 15, 2017 8:29 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Alright, so with the recent DBS Ep. 90, we have seen a change in Gohan. He was able to hold his own against Base Goku, SS2 Goku and knocked SSBlue Goku back. He achieved his Super Saiyan 2 and his Ultimate forms again training with Piccolo. He truly seems to be growing past every limit he has had.

The kicker to me is that he said, "I want to achieve an ultimate form that no one has ever seen. I want to do it differently than you, Dad."

This is to me is the clearest sign that he will be getting a Super Saiyan White, or something like that. In Ep. 90, he said he is steering away from Super Saiyan forms. He probably won't achieve SSBlue or SSRage then. White would be as pure as Gohan's heart and well-fitting.
Probably not Super Saiyan White, since Gohan said he's not gonna do things with SS forms anymore.

Instead, it seems as if he's gonna evolve the Ultimate state beyond its limits, a much more efficient method than merely transforming. Think like how SS was improved with things like SS2/3, but for Ultimate instead.

supersaiyan1993

Post by supersaiyan1993 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:18 pm

I think gohans new form will be similar to super saiyan rage. But instead of the gold/blond hair, he will retain his usual black hair but have that blue aura around him.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:22 pm

You mean, something along the lines of this?

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Tue May 16, 2017 1:30 am

Freeza9000 wrote:You mean, something along the lines of this?
Haha, yeah, similar. I know Gohan is trying to not use Super Saiyan forms, but I have a feeling that this will resemble an SSWhite, but may be called Ultimate God and have white hair. I'm really feeling the purity theme.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue May 16, 2017 4:19 pm

I figure if Gohan manages to do the "somehow develop god ki through training rather than doing the SSj God ritual" thing like Vegeta seems to have done, it would have some effect on his "ultimate" form since "beyond his limits" would now include a HUGE new range of power that it didn't cover before.

I mean, the unlocked potential Ultimate Gohan had in the Buu saga seemed to be essentially the power that a potential SSj3 Gohan could have had (or greater, since the old Kaioshin's ritual was said to increase your power to "way beyond" your limits), but without any of the downsides of the SSj3 form. So I figure a "god-ki ultimate" form would basically push Gohan past the limits of what he could've potentially had in SSj Blue form, without actually needing to transform.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Tue May 16, 2017 11:43 pm

supersaiyan1993 wrote:I think gohans new form will be similar to super saiyan rage. But instead of the gold/blond hair, he will retain his usual black hair but have that blue aura around him.
I still dont know what Super Saiyan Rage really is and how it is achieved and if it was specific to Trunks or not.. I mean out of all characters to get that transformation.. seems like it would have fit Gohan more than Trunks...

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Tue May 16, 2017 11:46 pm

gofishus wrote:
supersaiyan1993 wrote:I think gohans new form will be similar to super saiyan rage. But instead of the gold/blond hair, he will retain his usual black hair but have that blue aura around him.
I still dont know what Super Saiyan Rage really is and how it is achieved and if it was specific to Trunks or not.. I mean out of all characters to get that transformation.. seems like it would have fit Gohan more than Trunks...
So I believe that Manga Trunks' SS2 form that he fought SS3 Goku with is a Super Saiyan 2 Grade 2. The Battle of Gods 'My Bulma' Vegeta is a Super Saiyan 2 Grade 3. Super Saiyan Rage would be a Super Saiyan 2 Grade 4.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Wed May 17, 2017 12:37 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
gofishus wrote:
So I believe that Manga Trunks' SS2 form that he fought SS3 Goku with is a Super Saiyan 2 Grade 2. The Battle of Gods 'My Bulma' Vegeta is a Super Saiyan 2 Grade 3. Super Saiyan Rage would be a Super Saiyan 2 Grade 4.
So.. SSJ2 grade 3 & 4 > SSJ3?

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed May 17, 2017 1:11 am

I think it's the clearest sign that they don't want to give him Blue but don't want the choice to not pursue it to mar the idea that the character is recommitted to fighting. It's not a tease that anything is coming as a replacement.

Alt.: He will grow a second bang. Fans will rejoice.
Last edited by Cipher on Wed May 17, 2017 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Wed May 17, 2017 1:14 am

gofishus wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
gofishus wrote:
So.. SSJ2 grade 3 & 4 > SSJ3?
Yeah, I know it's fucking weird to think of. I do truly believe that there is a strong relation between SS2, SSRage, 'My Bulma' SS2, and Manga Trunks Improved SS2.

Super Saiyan 2 was supposed to be the perfected form of Super Saiyan. Trunks' SS2 Grade 2 is a better version of that. Vegeta's 'My Bulma' rage was harkening back to the true essence of Super Saiyan. SSRage was it, but fully actualized. It seems like SS3 was a forced overclock that failed miserably.

SS1 and its Grades provided strength, but not enough. SS2 worked, but Goku focused on outputting more power in the wrong way, hence, maybe it didn't work well. He may have tried to output more power without the use of rage and SS3 was an SS2 form that couldn't handle the power.

Manga Trunks' Improved SS2, 'My Bulma' SS2, and SSRage fixed that by focusing on the rage from the SS2 form.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed May 17, 2017 4:04 am

Maybe his bang will grow longer? Like the same length it was when he became a SS2 at the Cell Games.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed May 17, 2017 4:18 am

Gohan's bang goes blue
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed May 17, 2017 4:22 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I have hope that this will be it.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed May 17, 2017 4:35 am

DBZ Macky wrote:Maybe his bang will grow longer? Like the same length it was when he became a SS2 at the Cell Games.
Now I'm picturing a bang that's as long as SS3 hair.

It's weird how much we talk about bangs as a community.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed May 17, 2017 4:55 am

Ultimate form does not mean a new transformation, it means he wants/seeks power unmatched. He even says he wants to do it his own way. Another recolor is not it.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed May 17, 2017 8:29 am

He's probably going to have God ki without a SS transformation

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 17, 2017 9:30 am

There simply isn't much to go on to suddenly think Gohan is getting a new form. Unless more evidence comes to the light I am not buying it yet.

MKJ

Post by MKJ » Wed May 17, 2017 11:18 am

I doubt it will happen, but I would like to see Goku,Gohan, and Vegeta each get a form that is exclusive to each. For example maybe Goku ends up with a kaio Ken related form, Gohan with an ultimate related form, and Vegeta with an ape related form since he currently is the only one that can control it. There are other ways to individualize the forms, but I just through these out as possibilities. It would be nice to see each have a final form that the others do not. I never understood why ss had to be the same for everyone.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Fri May 19, 2017 2:05 pm

I doubt it will happen, but maybe we will get a purple Gohan. :D