Theory with a twist ending: Final four = Toppo/Jiren vs Gohan/Goku

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Theory with a twist ending: Final four = Toppo/Jiren vs Gohan/Goku

Post by larzooma » Fri May 19, 2017 12:10 am

I have a theory about Gohan's influence on Goku's direction for his next transformation, and I think it plays in perfectly with the Pride Trooper's focus on Justice. All of the SSJ transformations are based in rage, often brought on by a horrible act committed against a loved one of the person transforming. Nevertheless, the basis for the transformation is tapping into a negative emotion. The original source of Gohan's power came from the Elder Kai teaching Gohan to tap into his potential to battle the incarnation of evil in the universe. He once again found the benefits of following a different path than the SSJ. In the scene of Goku cutting through the red, only to seemingly show a base version of himself, actually depicts his transformation into an Ultimate or Mystic form. Not only will this grant him an enormous amount of power coupled with God Ki, but Toppo and Jiren will suddenly realize Gohan and Goku can't possibly be evil or unjust. Maybe this will unite the two teams to show Zeno the tournament doesn't have to result in the erasure of any universe, rather making the tournament a regular occurrence offers a great deal more entertainment for them.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Theory with a twist ending: Final four = Toppo/Jiren vs Gohan/Goku

Post by Cabba » Fri May 19, 2017 1:23 am

The 2nds best fight has to be Vegeta, it seems unlikely Gohan would be figting Toppo
Unless there is someone stronger than toppo but weaker than Jiren

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Fri May 19, 2017 1:37 am

Cabba wrote:The 2nds best fight has to be Vegeta, it seems unlikely Gohan would be figting Toppo
Unless there is someone stronger than toppo but weaker than Jiren
In terms of power, fighting ability, ability to quickly form a strategy in battle...really all but spell strategy in an essay question, Vegeta outclasses Gohan, but a million different scenarios could happen to eliminate Vegeta, while Gohan says in the fight. In the end, especially given this idea, the level of power isn't important, but the "ultimate" source of that power is what matters. When they see Gohan and Goku are righteous, just, fighters accessing their power from a place of the Kais, their perception of them will change.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Fri May 19, 2017 11:07 am

larzooma wrote: In terms of power, fighting ability, ability to quickly form a strategy in battle...really all but spell strategy in an essay question, Vegeta outclasses Gohan, but a million different scenarios could happen to eliminate Vegeta, while Gohan says in the fight. In the end, especially given this idea, the level of power isn't important, but the "ultimate" source of that power is what matters. When they see Gohan and Goku are righteous, just, fighters accessing their power from a place of the Kais, their perception of them will change.
i dunno man feels a bit of a stretch tbh
Also the Mystic form is not the only transformation not based on rage. What about SSG? the idea of it was that only pure hearted saiyans could perform the ritual, wouldn't that mean you need to calm spirit to achieve SSB?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri May 19, 2017 12:46 pm

Going mystic wouldnt show anyone else they are good. Noone from other universes know what the transformations are based on in universe.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Fri May 19, 2017 1:07 pm

I think that won't happen, because, Hitto will destroy Toppo. It will be more like Hitto/ Jiren vs Goku/Vegeta.
I don't see Gohan surviving more time than Vegeta, therefore, i don't believe your theory will happen.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Fri May 19, 2017 6:36 pm

Toppo has to be defeated by Hit in order to show Jirens power. Unless Vegeta defeats him and Jiren and Hit have a great fight until Jiren powers up and Goku has to use ssgkk.

I have my hopes for Gohan playing the top dog like in the cell saga..but I doubt it'll happen.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri May 19, 2017 11:50 pm

julianix wrote:I have my hopes for Gohan playing the top dog like in the cell saga..but I doubt it'll happen.
I don't doubt it. They are hinting at Gohan having greater potential than Goku in the latest magazine promos (see herms twitter), and Vegeta has said in past Super episodes that Gohan could surpass both Goku and himself.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Fri May 19, 2017 11:54 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:I think that won't happen, because, Hitto will destroy Toppo. It will be more like Hitto/ Jiren vs Goku/Vegeta.
I don't see Gohan surviving more time than Vegeta, therefore, i don't believe your theory will happen.
I would personally prefer Hit over Toppo as a finalist but Toppo seems to be hyped more so idk if it will happen, it would really be a sight to behold Hit delivering some unrestrained ass kicking to the self righteous toppo and then Jiren intercedes to help him and Goku jumps at Jiren while cabba provides back up for Hit against other fighters
I think Hit would make for a good U6 leader
UpFromTheSkies wrote:
julianix wrote:I have my hopes for Gohan playing the top dog like in the cell saga..but I doubt it'll happen.
I don't doubt it. They are hinting at Gohan having greater potential than Goku in the latest magazine promos (see herms twitter), and Vegeta has said in past Super episodes that Gohan could surpass both Goku and himself.
Isnt that just fan service from a promotional material? Its good to hope for the best, heck i dream of Cabba being SSB on this arc but i put my expectations in check dont wanna end up disappointed

The situation here is much different, this is not a passing the torch moment and Gohan is not meant to be Gokus successor like on the Cell saga, at this point its all but confirmed that the main fight of the event will be Goku vs Jiren
So far in the series it seems to be implied Gohans most important role will be managing the team as leader, do special moves with piccolo and provide back up