How many times could Goku have saved the day with the Dragon Fist Explosion?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

How many times could Goku have saved the day with the Dragon Fist Explosion?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri May 19, 2017 1:45 pm

The same variation of the Dragon Fist used by Super Saiyan 3 Goku to obliterate Shin Hirudegarn in Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon? If he had learned it before the God of Destruction Beerus Saga of the Dragon Ball Super Manga and Anime?

Also, let's have Goku Black and his counterparts not being able to use the technique, due to them being as prideful as Vegeta.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: How many times could Goku have saved the day with the Dragon Fist Explosion?

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 19, 2017 2:06 pm

I'd imagine anyone stronger than Hirudegarn would survive the attack. So guys like Beerus, Golden Freeza, Hit, Whis, Zeno and the rest of the top tier characters would be okay.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How many times could Goku have saved the day with the Dragon Fist Explosion?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri May 19, 2017 2:14 pm

I doubt it would do anything against Beerus, he might have been able to kill Freeza with it but he was deliberately giving him a chance to escape the first time and the second time he killed him effectively anyway, it probably wouldn't work against Botamo, it would be overkill against Frost and get him disqualified from the tournament for killing him, it would probably be too slow to work on Hit, Copy Vegeta could regenerate from it, in his first fight with Goku Black he was holding back and testing him, same with Zamasu, it wouldn't work on future Zamasu due to his immortality, I can see SSJR Black surviving it, merged Zamasu would shrug it off, see my previous comment about Hit, Bergamo would just absorb it, and Toppo would withstand it.

So really, not that many times at all.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri May 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'd imagine anyone stronger than Hirudegarn would survive the attack. So guys like Beerus, Golden Freeza, Hit, Whis, Zeno and the rest of the top tier characters would be okay.
However, after the four years of training Goku had done, he would have amplified the power of the technique enough for the Dragon Fist Explosion to seriously harm Beerus.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri May 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I doubt it would do anything against Beerus, he might have been able to kill Freeza with it but he was deliberately giving him a chance to escape the first time and the second time he killed him effectively anyway, it probably wouldn't work against Botamo, it would be overkill against Frost and get him disqualified from the tournament for killing him, it would probably be too slow to work on Hit, Copy Vegeta could regenerate from it, in his first fight with Goku Black he was holding back and testing him, same with Zamasu, it wouldn't work on future Zamasu due to his immortality, I can see SSJR Black surviving it, merged Zamasu would shrug it off, see my previous comment about Hit, Bergamo would just absorb it, and Toppo would withstand it.

So really, not that many times at all.
If Super Saiyan 3 Goku from the Battle of Gods Saga had landed a Dragon Fist Explosion on Beerus, the God of Destruction would have been left in a catatonic state. But in the Golden Frieza Saga, the Dragon Fist Explosion used by Super Saiyan Blue Goku would have killed the titular Golden Frieza, and by extension, even an Instigator of Genocide on the level of Beerus. During the Battle With Universe 6 Saga, the Dragon Fist Explosion would have been more than enough to destroy the dimension used by the pudgy Botamo which would force the Winnie the Pooh rip-off to seriously fight for once. But Goku would effortlessly ring him out, before using the Chou Super Saiyan form against Ruthless Final Form Frost and losing like in canon. Then the righteous Saiyan would go Super Saiyan Blue to unleash his Dragon Fist Explosion upon Champa, when the God of Gluttony would act so high and mighty as he threatened his own allies with their destruction. In the Copy-Vegeta Saga, even with the Commeson absorbing Gryll and Vegeta into itself, the Dragon Fist Explosion of Super Saiyan Blue Goku would destroy the purple slime. Goku Black and Present Zamasu would be destroyed by Chou Super Saiyan 2 Goku in battle, with the one they hate the most finishing them off with the Dragon Fist Explosion. However, against the vengeful Future Zamasu, Goku would have to fuse with the vile Vegeta to become Vegito, so the Dragon Fist Explosion would be strong enough to completely obliterate the Immortal God. Infinite Zamasu would never happen, as the purely psychotic Merged Zamasu would be killed outright by Vegito Blue and Future Trunks using their Father-Son Dragon Fist Explosion against him. Hit would be killed in the very same way by Super Saiyan Blues Goku and Future Trunks, Bergamo would not be able to absorb the Dragon Fist Explosion of Chou Super Saiyan Goku and be sent into a coma, and his owner, Rou, would meet the same fate as Bergamo. Even with his full power, the so-called righteous Toppo would have not withstood even close to enough of Super Saiyan Blue: King Kai Fist Goku's attacks to have stayed conscious from the Dragon Fist Explosion.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri May 19, 2017 3:46 pm

You're overrating this move something fierce...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri May 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Thinking about it, N19 & Gero could survive the by absorving it since the attack is still based.
Beerus can survive it since he can null energy.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Fri May 19, 2017 6:07 pm

I hate this silly, overpowered move so much. I'm glad Toei hasn't been bringing back this frankly nonsensical, cop-out move.

Still, I think it wouldn't work against Beerus. It worked against people like 1,5-2x stronger than Goku, not much more than that.