How the fandom would have felt if Ledgic was the 10th member for Team Universe 7?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

Re: How the fandom would have felt if Ledgic was the 10th member for Team Universe 7?

Post by cheddarsword » Mon May 22, 2017 10:04 pm

Xeztin wrote: From what I recall he wasn't in the manga at all right? He was created as a knockoff of Piccolo for the filler episodes of the anime.
Dammit, that's the last time I repeat what I hear without doing a search.

According to what I've just learned, AT himself designed him for the anime team, stating that although he's not Namekian, he is indeed a "Piccolo type" character and AT even said that Piccolo's face should be used as reference for his expressions.

So you are correct sir. Non manga, so Non canonical and as such, not usable in DB Super.

Unless someone decides to stuff him into a canon and fire.

I myself don't care. He's a cool character but he's also one I could live without. Gogeta however, needs to happen. F*** Vegeto/Vegerot.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: How the fandom would have felt if Ledgic was the 10th member for Team Universe 7?

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 23, 2017 7:24 am

Id be okay with using non canon characters but only if the characters act like its the first time theyve met.

Example: Goku meets Broly (I dont want this just an example)

Bad: Oh no its Broly!

Good: Who is that? His power is amazing!
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 23, 2017 10:26 am

I... think I would stop watching Super fo a while. I can only tolerate so much bullshit.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue May 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I... think I would stop watching Super fo a while. I can only tolerate so much bullshit.
I don't see how it's any more bullshit than, "let's just bring Frieza back again". At least Ledgic was only used one time before.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Tue May 23, 2017 3:49 pm

precita wrote:
PMD wrote:[
I mean... he'd be a better option than Tenshinhan and Roshi, even Krillin for gods sake. We all know those 3 won't last a minute in the tournament.
You really think they would bother bringing all these characters in the tournament if they weren't going to do anything?
Given DBS poor writing, I'm going to go with... yes. Lol

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Tue May 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Ledgic can't be sufficiently explained in light of current lore. He's stronger than Majin Buu and he's just some alien bodyguard on some random planet.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Id be okay with using non canon characters but only if the characters act like its the first time theyve met.

"His power is kinda high" would be a more appropriate reaction.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 23, 2017 4:24 pm

Saturnine wrote:Ledgic can't be sufficiently explained in light of current lore. He's stronger than Majin Buu and he's just some alien bodyguard on some random planet.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Id be okay with using non canon characters but only if the characters act like its the first time theyve met.

"His power is kinda high" would be a more appropriate reaction.
Well if he were brought back at this point I think hed be upgraded to compete lol

Again though I'm not saying lets bring him into canon..just a super easy example.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"