How the fandom would have felt if Ledgic was the 10th member for Team Universe 7?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

How the fandom would have felt if Ledgic was the 10th member for Team Universe 7?

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Sat May 20, 2017 1:13 pm

Let's say that Toriyama was going over the Dragon Ball GT material while gathering the idea for the Universal Survival Arc plot and decided to pick Ledgic whom many fans agree was one of the light spots in GT (Shin teleports back to Earth with Ledgic who was the strongest warrior he could find throughout the universe, Beerus checks his history via Whis' staff and approves him) INSTEAD OF REHASHING FRIEZA AGAIN, how would you feel about such a move?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How the fandom would have felt if Ledgic was the 10th member for Team Universe 7?

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat May 20, 2017 1:20 pm

Anger? Confusion? Pity maybe?
Yeah, pity for the series is the strongest emotion of them
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: How the fandom would have felt if Ledgic was the 10th member for Team Universe 7?

Post by Mnich » Sat May 20, 2017 1:27 pm

Only via retcon, otherwise it would be a stupid move, considering the fact that they first met him in GT (which is far beyond in timeline). I think that Paikuhan would be a better choice than Frieza, but whatever. I won't forgive them for screwing Buu three times in a row.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Sat May 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Mnich wrote:Only via retcon, otherwise it would be a stupid move, considering the fact that they first met him in GT (which is far beyond in timeline). I think that Paikuhan would be a better choice than Frieza, but whatever. I won't forgive them for screwing Buu three times in a row.
I meant a retcon will be done. The chronology wouldn't allow such a scenario (i.e. Krillin and Gohan's first meeting, DBZ Episode 2 vs. DBZ Movie 1).

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat May 20, 2017 1:37 pm

I think Paikuhan is the best choice if we chose someone not in the original manga, I love his design. Hes the only character that I actually wish was in the original manga that wasn't!

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sat May 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Israelite Wolfman wrote:
Mnich wrote:Only via retcon, otherwise it would be a stupid move, considering the fact that they first met him in GT (which is far beyond in timeline). I think that Paikuhan would be a better choice than Frieza, but whatever. I won't forgive them for screwing Buu three times in a row.
I meant a retcon will be done. The chronology wouldn't allow such a scenario (i.e. Krillin and Gohan's first meeting, DBZ Episode 2 vs. DBZ Movie 1).
Then yeah. As long as we treat GT as another timeline then I have nothing against it.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat May 20, 2017 3:16 pm

GT and Super can't possibly fit together on the same timeline anyway (GT Freeza is not Golden, nobody has god forms, East Kaioshin and Kibito are still fused, GT Gohan never regained his Ultimate/Mystic power and goes Super Saiyan instead, etc.)... so bringing him in wouldn't cause any "but they'd never met before [insert GT episode here] happens!" timeline issues at all.

Honestly I'd kinda prefer that to "Freeza returns!... again" -- though I'd rather have Buu stay in over either of them.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat May 20, 2017 5:48 pm

Ledgic? HAHAHAHAHANO!

Seriously? The first real bad guy of GT? He lost to kidified SS Goku! SS! Maybe he's better than some of the current members but about half the members or more could roflstomp him!

He's cool, I get it but i'll take Freeza and the rest of the team any day.

Pantalones wrote:GT and Super can't possibly fit together on the same timeline anyway (GT Freeza is not Golden, nobody has god forms, East Kaioshin and Kibito are still fused, GT Gohan never regained his Ultimate/Mystic power and goes Super Saiyan instead, etc.)... so bringing him in wouldn't cause any "but they'd never met before [insert GT episode here] happens!" timeline issues at all.

Honestly I'd kinda prefer that to "Freeza returns!... again" -- though I'd rather have Buu stay in over either of them.
You're right, they wouldn't perfectly fit, but that doesn't mean that all of the characters would be missing. Ledgic is probably still there.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Mon May 22, 2017 1:12 pm

cheddarsword wrote:Ledgic? HAHAHAHAHANO!

Seriously? The first real bad guy of GT? He lost to kidified SS Goku! SS! Maybe he's better than some of the current members but about half the members or more could roflstomp him!

He's cool, I get it but i'll take Freeza and the rest of the team any day.
I mean... he'd be a better option than Tenshinhan and Roshi, even Krillin for gods sake. We all know those 3 won't last a minute in the tournament. And the Freeza idea is the lamest in DB recent history (probably since Freeza's resurrection, lol). So I wouldn't laugh that hard about the idea of Ledgic. It's just that Goku didn't know him (yet).

They should've bring Paikuhan and cut all the Freezer crap.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon May 22, 2017 1:34 pm

PMD wrote:[
I mean... he'd be a better option than Tenshinhan and Roshi, even Krillin for gods sake. We all know those 3 won't last a minute in the tournament.
You really think they would bother bringing all these characters in the tournament if they weren't going to do anything?

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon May 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Who the **** is Ledgic lol

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon May 22, 2017 1:52 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:Who the **** is Ledgic lol
Throwaway GT character. He had a decent design but that's it

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon May 22, 2017 1:57 pm

What the hell is GT lol

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:14 pm

Ledgic felt like a Proto Hit to me. It would be random if he join and the only way that he would fit if Shin travel across the Universe and found him.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Mon May 22, 2017 3:54 pm

GT and Super have no connection to each other, so I wouldn't mind GT characters being brought in. For a bit character he had a cool style to him.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon May 22, 2017 4:02 pm

I dunno about everyone else but I'd be all like "Hell yeah!!"
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon May 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Ledgic....? Ledgic? Hmmmmm oh right he's that guy who battled Goku at the beginning of GT, was a stoic hard ass like Hit and original Pikkon and had some potential......then was never seen again apart from a cameo at the end for Goku's Genki Dama. I dont think he's even been give even the lowest honor of appearing in Heroes were even the lowest of Henchmen get at least 1 card.

Well given his character is basically the same as Hit's (only less interesting) I'd be like "Oh its that guy I almost forgot about and did nothing besides have one fight with Goku that time.....ok cool but he's going to be fodder".

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Mon May 22, 2017 4:18 pm

Xeztin wrote:I think Paikuhan is the best choice if we chose someone not in the original manga, I love his design. Hes the only character that I actually wish was in the original manga that wasn't!
I agree with this.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Mon May 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Pikkon is barely cannon and is only seen in like what, one frame of the actual manga? The anime and Fusion Reborn are the main reasons he became a popular character. The video games only served to help him along.

Also, for those among us who don't know who Ledgic is:

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon May 22, 2017 9:33 pm

cheddarsword wrote:Pikkon is barely cannon and is only seen in like what, one frame of the actual manga? The anime and Fusion Reborn are the main reasons he became a popular character. The video games only served to help him along.

Also, for those among us who don't know who Ledgic is:

From what I recall he wasn't in the manga at all right? He was created as a knockoff of Piccolo for the filler episodes of the anime.