Ultimate Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Ultimate Goku?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:22 pm

The power up shouldn't on Goku at all. He's already near his limits.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun May 21, 2017 5:07 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:The power up shouldn't on Goku at all. He's already near his limits.
The ritual brings you beyond your limits, not to them.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:40 pm

Simere wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:The power up shouldn't on Goku at all. He's already near his limits.
No, the ritual was originally was to bring out the latent powers Gohan himself already had due to him always subsciously holding back. Goku has no such mental block.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun May 21, 2017 5:44 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Simere wrote:
No, the ritual was originally was to bring out the latent powers Gohan himself already had due to him always subsciously holding back. Goku has no such mental block.
No, Ro Kaioshin states that he can, in addition to releasing the person's occult power, potentialize this power far beyond limits.
I think if you get an officially released DB manga, this is going to be said (it was kind of hidden in the anime, I guess, I'm not sure)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:46 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:No, Ro Kaioshin states that he can, in addition to releasing the person's occult power, potentialize this power far beyond limits.
I think if you get an officially released DB manga, this is going to be said (it was kind of hidden in the anime, I guess, I'm not sure)
He did...?! Can I have a scan please?
fadeddreams5 wrote:

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun May 21, 2017 6:10 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:No, Ro Kaioshin states that he can, in addition to releasing the person's occult power, potentialize this power far beyond limits.
He did...?! Can I have a scan please?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Here he says he can release the hidden powers of a person, far beyond the limits, even of skilled fighters.

So I believe that anyone would get much stronger

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 21, 2017 6:18 pm

I'd be very interested in seeing Goku's potential being unlocked. I've always wondered what Goku's glass ceiling is, but I find it more intriguing to see if and/or how he can break through it again.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun May 21, 2017 6:18 pm

This is not true...
They can continually get stronger, there is no limit. Back in U6 they were supposed to be near limits yet they got much stronger since

The whole awake your what if power if you trained for 7 years instead of slacking off is bs and flawed anyways. Following this train of thought might as well unlock the power you will have in 10 years time if you continue training now
From my interpretation the ritual helps you draw that power which you cant quite with training alone and as stated in the manga push your power far beyond the limits possible

I'm glad they did not do it on Goku it would have felt cheap

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sun May 21, 2017 6:43 pm

He'll continue to extend the limits of his power by tapping into different portions of it nonetheless. Ultimate is simply the largest portion, if not all of his power, without it being fixed.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon May 22, 2017 11:03 am

gofishus wrote:
Xeztin wrote:Ultimate Goku would be strange, I think that should remain unique to Gohan right? It's his only claim to fame in Super. Also how would you make his hair? All Gohan got was a bang and Goku has like 4 of those. I don't know I just don't like the thought of it because then there's going to be a plot hole of "why doesn't everyone do this to make them stronger?" Also wouldn't that make him weaker than Gohan if Gohan goes beyond "Mystic, Ultimate"?
Well in the latest episode 91, Elder Kai pretty much confirmed he could make anyone "mystic" at anytime. Why everyone doesnt do this before the Black Saga is beyond me.
Because, they don't want to develop the other characters. It is ridiculous, because, obviously the ambitious warriors would beg for that power up and yet they don't get shit. In the old times, Piccolo and Tenshinhan would beg for something like that ritual, but, now they are fine like they are, that is, less powerful than they could be, it is out of character but whatever.