Thoughts on Krillin and 18 dropping out?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

Thoughts on Krillin and 18 dropping out?

Post by cheddarsword » Sun May 21, 2017 10:16 am

Didn't see a topic for it, so I thought I'd start it up.

Do you think they can be convinced to stay on? If so, what do you think it will take?

If they leave, who do you think will replace them?

If this becomes a trend, how do you think the fighters will be convinced to stay on? Perhaps Beerus will spill the beans?

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: Thoughts on Krillin and 18 dropping out?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun May 21, 2017 10:39 am

I wouldn't be surprised if it was over Frieza or the reveal of the erasure.

But I'd have to see the episode first.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun May 21, 2017 11:10 am

They are acting that way most likely because they finally know the truth and to make it worse Goku is thinking on bringing Freeza too.
They will be mad at Goku's for lying, C18 will be madder because there's no money prize, but they won't stay out.

- Krillin had his own arc leading up this. He's also showed attacking in the Opening ( In contrast to Buu who we only see in the Opening groupe shots and sleeping in the Ending)
- Some months ago when it was revealed Toriyama's designs for C17/C18 in V-Jump, they said we could expect teamwork from them with Krillin.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Sun May 21, 2017 11:24 am

Yeah, they're not dropping out. I think they are just mad because:

1) Someone tells them the truth about the tournament, or
2) Maybe Goku suggests Freezer as the 10th member (I think that happens in the next episode, right? I can't remember. It's such a bad idea that I erased from my mind as soon as posible)

If Krillin drops out, I'll be really mad, after all of those "filler" episodes having him and Goku training and fighting.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun May 21, 2017 11:27 am

Krillin ain't dropping out, he is just thinking his wish matters or for a better take he thinks he himself matters when berrus is there and was ready to beat buu to consciousness to join..
If Krillin thinks he can just refuse and go home he got another thing coming
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun May 21, 2017 2:23 pm

They're not quitting. They're likely just mad that Goku lied to them about the tournament is for zeni when it's really for the universe. Krillin is going to be outraged when he hears Goku talk about bringing Freeza back too, but we have confirmation from the writers they're in the tournament and use attacks so they're safe.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun May 21, 2017 6:22 pm

If I thought for a second this was legit, I'd be mad as hell. Krillin got some great build up and people have wanted to see 18 fight for ages.

However, it's likely just a character moment for the two when confronting Goku. Interested in seeing what happens.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon May 22, 2017 10:14 am

I think they will be replaced by Cell and Yamcha. Kuririn was always scared of big fights and A-18 only fought for money and since Goku will tell them the truth they will pull out of the tournament. We already have the strongest android 17 as part of the team, probably they thought two was too much, furthermore, things are always changing, Jiren was supposed to be in Toppo's place in the exhibition match and Toyataro warned everyone in an interview that the final team would be different and full of surprises.