Thoughts on Ribrianne?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Thoughts on Ribrianne?

Post by omaro34 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:05 am

Don't know enough about her to judge her character fully. I like her form before she becomes a fat magical creature.

That transformation was so weird in my opinion. I thought I was watching Sailor moon. I had to pause the video to make sure it was still Dragonball, because that didn't look like Dragonball to me.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue May 23, 2017 12:44 pm

She caught me off guard that her base form was bae as hell but later transforms into a weird magical tubby girl talking about love, magic and shit... 2 things I never wanted to see in Dragon Ball... magic and love.... main reason why I hated Babidi, I hope Vegeta destroys her. All we need now is a fairy tail parody with someone screaming "FOR MY FRIENDS" and 1 hit delete everyone in the ring including Zeno.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 23, 2017 12:54 pm

I think its funny so many people seem to just want all new things they havent seen before. Its all been done in anime at this point. The character execution will mean more than the design...which is fine.

I would honestly like if each universe was very different. It would be dull if every Kaioshin just created the same basic types of people.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue May 23, 2017 4:59 pm

She feels 100% Toriyama.

I can only imagine the staff:

Toei: Sensei, maybe you got that switched. Isn't she supposed to turn into a beauty?
Toriyama: No, it's like that.
Toei: ...
Toriyama: =)

*Toriyama leaves*

Toei: We will never understand that Man.

I didn't care about her when I first saw her in the Opening fighting Vegeta, but after that Sailor Moon/Precure parody she has my attention.
She seems to be Universe 2 trump card so I'm hoping she kicks some ass.

She would be a good girl for our Buu. Seriously #BringBackBuu
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed May 24, 2017 10:46 am

Ribrianne seems to be a gag character, but, maybe she will give Vegeta a tough fight and that would be cool, because she looks like fat buu.

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Wed May 24, 2017 11:17 am

She's a murderer!! She randomly killed two people with the most powerful weapon of all, LOVE!!
But in honestly I love the idea behind her character, she's great.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed May 24, 2017 11:22 am

Shinda Forever wrote:Ribrianne seems to be a gag character, but, maybe she will give Vegeta a tough fight and that would be cool, because she looks like fat buu.
Vegeta better not get PTSD now, which seems to be a recurring theme with everyone now..
*In freeza voice*
Weak minded people disgust me
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 24, 2017 11:58 am

I can absolutely see Vegeta as one of the reoccurring mid-boss villains in a magical girl series; he's a good fit to battle against Ribrianne.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed May 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Chuquita wrote:I can absolutely see Vegeta as one of the reoccurring mid-boss villains in a magical girl series; he's a good fit to battle against Ribrianne.
I am curious, how do these battles usually go?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 24, 2017 12:21 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I can absolutely see Vegeta as one of the reoccurring mid-boss villains in a magical girl series; he's a good fit to battle against Ribrianne.
I am curious, how do these battles usually go?
Usually:
*Mid-boss starts by creating a monster of the week for the magical girl(s) to fight. Monster gets beaten up; half the time the battle will be very well choreographed.
*Mid-boss themselves fight the magical girl(s). In most Precure series this means lots of punching and kicking from both sides with occasional magic use.
*When the mid-boss is driven far enough into a corner they'll transform into a more threatening form (could be anything from a ssj-type transformation to becoming an actual giant monster) this is usually near the end of the mid-boss's story arc.
*Magical girl(s) use their magical wand/tact/rod/weapon to purify the mid-boss.
*Mid-boss is either killed or has all the evil in their hearts removed by the weapon's purification. There's also the rare case where they're defeated and walk away (like Close at the end of Go!Pri).

Of note: If they're going full in on Ribrianne's precure parody then she's got at least one more transformation and two more stock attacks in addition to the one she used.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Wed May 24, 2017 10:48 pm

I like the innocent girl look before she transform into that hideous looking teletubbie thing. I'm not impressed so far. I wonder what else U2 has to offer. I expect the designs to get sloppy towards the end of this recruiting stage.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu May 25, 2017 12:43 am

Chuquita wrote: *Magical girl(s) use their magical wand/tact/rod/weapon to purify the mid-boss.
What exactly happens to them when purified? for some reason I feel like in Vegeta's case he gets struck by love magic and ends up getting consumed by love (brain control) and he becomes her servant or something.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 25, 2017 1:13 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Chuquita wrote: *Magical girl(s) use their magical wand/tact/rod/weapon to purify the mid-boss.
What exactly happens to them when purified? for some reason I feel like in Vegeta's case he gets struck by love magic and ends up getting consumed by love (brain control) and he becomes her servant or something.
Magical girls can't control the mid-bosses or monsters of the week that get purified. Usually it frees them from any mind control, or heals negative emotions, or undoes a spell.

I think at most Vegeta'll be in a euphoric daze for a little while (long enough for her to push or kick him out of the ring).
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu May 25, 2017 1:21 am

I hope she kicks Vegeta's ass. Maybe that will make him stop screaming "Vegeta-samaaaa!!" every time he thinks about stroking his own ego.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:03 am

Still waiting for yet another female character to kick Vegeta's ass and break him down to a pile of ashes.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:49 pm

This is as good as Any thread to Give My Reasons Why Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne become My Favorite Characters and why I Support her and her Universe 2 so much.

So Thanks for this Thread DragonBallFoodie! :thumbup:

When I become an Anime Fan back in the late 1990's the 2 Leading shows on TV and on VHS straight from Japan with Subtitles where Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z/GT! Sailor Moon was Clearly my Favorite Anime of All Times and Still is to Today, but The Dragon Ball Franchise was easily my 2nd Favorite for a Majority of my life as an Anime Fan as well! Growing up in the Late 90's Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball where the Queen and King of the Anime World for me and by what I saw many other fans! With that their where allot of FanFictions and Fan Artwork of Hopes of one day they would have a Crossover or so form of acknowledgement of each other, but sadly even being BOTH OWNED by Toei they still have not. But fans like me kept hoping one day that acknowledgement would happen ~~~~~~ Fast Forward Nearly 20 years to 2017! ;)

The ToP had me interested but not a Loyal Fan yet, I was Not Much of a Super Fan and it was not hooking me for one reason or another ~~~~~~~ THEN Episode 91 Happen! ;)

For ANY Fan like me when Brianne de Chateau made her Entrance Debut and had that Transformation, EVERYTHING CHANGE! It is as close to a Seismic-Earthquake Level Event in My Life of Fandom as I could Ever Put Anything! The shear Fact that Toei Finally had the Desire to Do this, to make this PUSH of Magical Girls into their Dragon Ball Mythos was for me one of the Most Historic Events in Pop Culture history for me Personally as a Fan! :D

Faster then you could put on a Light-switch I become a Regular Viewer and Eagerly Awaited more Episodes seeing where they take Brianne de Chateau, Her Universe and Her Theme! I however Waited until her Character Introducing Debut in Episode 102 before I came to an Ultimate Conclusion if I was supporting the Right Style of Character or if I might be Wrong ~~~~~~~~ I WAS NOT WRONG :lol: and After Episode 102 and in-turn Episode 103 Brianne de Chateau, The Kamikaze Fireballs, Universe 2 and ALL They Represented become my New Favorites in Dragon Ball History in Ways I could not Give Justifiable Words TOO!

Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne, Sanka Ku/Kakunsa and Su Roas/Rozie became my 3 New Top Favorites In all of Dragon Ball's Mythons, Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne being #1 Easy! So here I am Today ~~~~~ I Would Not Be Here at all Talking or Giving Support or any View-ship to Dragon Ball Super IF NOT for Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne, 100% Seriously! :thumbup:

Overall I like the Factor of her Design, her Civilian Form, Mainly Her hair is a Clear Homage to Sailor Neptune/Michiru Kaioh from the Sailor Moon Franchise and her Clothing being mainly Pink IMO is a Homage to Precure's Main Character and Leaders of all their Teams always having Pink as their main Color in a Way Power Rangers/Super Sentai is always lead by a Red Ranger!

I also Really Like her Transformed Look as well and it being a DE-CONSTRUCTION of the Classic Magical Girl Formula that the idea of what is the Definition of Beauty is Not Always Skinny, Being a Larger sized Lady is Beauty in the Eyes of many others as well! I find it a Nice Breakdown of this trope and should make some question their definitions of beauty and how they see Women.

It Also a DE-CONSTRUCTION of the ideals of what a Powerful Character by Many Fans SHOULD look like, a Lesson We Dragon Ball Fans SHOULD have learned a Long-Time Ago! By what I have heard, this is a Classic Example of an Akira Toriyama style character that breaks norms and makes you expect the Unexpected. NOT ALL the Most Powerful Beings in the Multiverse HAVE to Be Big Brawny Warriors to seem Powerful or need to be Skinny and Slick, Power is not by how you look, Dragon Ball should have Made Us Learn That Lesson Long Ago, POWER=POWER, it Comes in NO Pre-Determine Forms and we should be Proud of that ideal that You NEVER Judge a Book by its Cover, Comic Fans know this ALL To Well like Me ;), That a Look is Not = To-Power and I Love that Idealism and The Fact that Ribrianne Helps Breaks that Even More!

Finally while the Ideals that Ribrianne is Powered by Love and her Love is what makes her strong being maybe Strange to Some Dragon Ball Fans, it really is not a New Concept either here or In Comics. Indeed in Sailor Moon or Precure it is a fact of Power that Love Powers allot of them, but Also it is a Concept in Green Lantern Called the Emotional Spectrum!

Green for Will, Pink for Love, Red for Rage, Blue For Hope, Orange for Greed and Much more, the more of an Emotional ideal you have as your Spectrum of Power, the More Powerful you are in the DC Universe, This is a Concept that is HUGE in the DC Cosmic Universe!

Overall I LOVE Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne's Fun and Playful Attitude, her Devotion to her Beliefs and Her Devotion and Support of her Friends, her ideals of Fighting Villains and Evil and her Belief in both herself and what she fights for! It is CLASSIC of Sailor Moon, Precure, Near Any Magical Girl Concept and Superheros in General!

Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne Inturn HITS on Many Concepts I Greatly Enjoy on Pop Culture and She shows them to the Hill in Grand Style! :D

This is just some of the Beginning Reasons of My Thoughts on Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne, What I Think of Her and WHY she is Such an Important Character to me Now and Wanted to see Much more of her and Respect for Her in the Future! :D :thumbup:

Last edited by CJStriker_CBR on Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:00 pm

I eagerly await the PreCure Fireball spin-off. :P

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:19 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I eagerly await the PreCure Fireball spin-off. :P
Honestly, In Dragon Ball Super's own unique way, We Might Get a small version of this BlueBasilisk! ;)

What I mean is I expect that by the end of the ToP we will have a few cool down episodes and allot of those will focus most likely on the other universes and they take in the Events of the ToP. I do expect all the Universes to come back in the end. Whether Universe 2 gets erased, comes back or never gets erased, I believe they will have sometime shown in one of these cool-down episodes as well.

With that we might get to see them defending their Worlds from some short of Precure Style Foe and it looking like was are Watching a Precure/Fireball like show when we see this, short of like was we got in the pre-episodes with the ToP with the Pride Troopers, it would be Fun! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

BlackFlash9

Post by BlackFlash9 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:56 pm

She's a cutie in her base form. Outside of that, I think she's alright so far. Gotta see more of her, though.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:28 pm

She is ok I really like her base form she looks really cute and I like her transformed design, she looks really funny and I'm glad they did this to add some diversity as well I like the transformation sequence, Overall she is a fun character as well ok, gotta see more of her through,To fully judge her character.