Thoughts on Ribrianne?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: Thoughts on Ribrianne?

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:55 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
While I think a new transformation should be included, I think if you piggyback off of the development she had by the end of 117 into so deep character development that would add much to Brianne's story and character as well as the other girls. :idea:
If the Maiden ever get focus again, they could say that they could unlock different transformations(that could make them pretty and stronger than before) due to learning what true love was

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:21 pm

Rebel Instinct wrote:
majinwarman wrote:I don't mind her or hate her. The joke was funny the first time, but after a while it got old. I hope she is written better in the manga, but I don't have my hopes up.
This is pretty much my stance on her character. I understood the magical girl parody right away and appreciated the joke for what it was. While I have no strong feelings on Ribrianne one way or the other, I felt that she had far overstayed her welcome several episodes ago and was getting to be a little grating. The joke was good for a gag or two, but dragging out her inclusion in the tournament only served to run the joke into the ground. It would be one thing if she played an integral role in the elimination of more characters, but she didn't. As of last episode, it became clear that she was never actually supposed to be a significant threat and only stuck around as long as she did for the sake of comedic relief. While comedic relief characters are fine, they need to be used sparingly or risk becoming an annoyance.

I would like to see how Toyotaro handles Ribrianne too and I hope that he uses her character in such a way as to not be too overbearing or obnoxious, but we'll see. I'm looking forward to seeing how he writes several characters actually. I'm already very happy with the way he's written Belmod and Jiren so far and it gives me hope that he'll do the same with the characterization of a few others. I'm not counting on anything just yet, but I have my fingers crossed.
I like Salior Moon so I get the joke. I enjoy both the manga and anime, but both have problems that are apparent.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:29 pm

Swifticuffs wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Yeah, if there is a U6 arc in 2018, hopefully it lasts most of 2018, lets try to make Anime 2018 even better :wave:

The only way the Magical girls couldve become relevant was if Brianne turned out pretty imo.
While I think a new transformation should be included, I think if you piggyback off of the development she had by the end of 117 into so deep character development that would add much to Brianne's story and character as well as the other girls. :idea:
i'm sorry man. I get it. I'm a big fan of things too, but there comes a time I use common sense and realize what is plausible and what is not. I'm a Vegeta fan. I understand that this show is about Goku and his ability to always ascend pass his limitations. Therefore, Vegeta ain't getting UI, and if he does, it's after Goku beats Jiren, and then he's one step behind again. Given how this past episode absolutely murdered Ribrianne, I fail to see how you can expect anything to come of this. Anyone can take a look and realize it... clear your mind of the biases and realize it. If she comes back it's gonna be a half episode cameo at best, the ratings are going to tank, and TOEI is going to cut ties. It's about money and I promise you, this blob doesn't bring it in.
Thanks for your concern but I use more common sense they you might think. Again I put my post as going by the aftermath of the end of episode 117 and what Toei can do with her from their both now and down the road. BUT, it does depend on if Toei wants to do this and for that I don't know. By what it might seem they set-up for a character arc to happen that can easily go with the theory of the U6 Training many fans see coming in the next arc, so it is their but not certain at all. All I can do is giving reasoning that an ideal does seems to be possible.

But to say the the Episodes murdered her Character, LOL yea No that is the view, you got to understand with your view of a murdered episode, Fans like me and other I have talked to both here and around find them enjoyable and character filling. THAT is common sense reality the exist, their are fans of Brianne that loved her moments and what we got from her.

So I will only realize that Brianne does not have a future or does WAY down the road when the reality honestly happens instead of you and me swapping theories on why or why not, until then you can predict it as much as I can, we just do our bests to see it coming with what we know. :wink:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:32 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
If the Maiden ever get focus again, they could say that they could unlock different transformations(that could make them pretty and stronger than before) due to learning what true love was
I think it would be good to have a combo of their love they have already from their Universes ideal combine with new loves they learn from other universes. Their is nothing wrong with their Universes love, just their are stronger versions. So arc for them in the next arc would be a Good Way to develop their characters and while I love their looks right now, new transformations would be nice as well. 8)
My #1 in DB!

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:40 pm

I didn't like that 17 fought her and eliminated both of her team mates without any comeuppance,

seems a bit wasted.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:52 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:I didn't like that 17 fought her and eliminated both of her team mates without any comeuppance,

seems a bit wasted.
I think more of the point beyond who eliminated who is that factor that 117 while giving some good possible future story arcs for Brianne and the girls and letting them go out like class acts;

Honestly 117 IMO marketed the end of competition for the ToP.

I really don't expect anyone besides U7 and U11 to make-up the whole of the Finals.

If you U3 or U4 can prove me wrong it be nice, but Toei just seems to be focused on the status quo of U7 heroes facing 1 Monolithic Foe, would not be suprised if Jiren KOs most of U7 at this point.

If U3 or U4 can be a surprise that be great, but my beats are off right now.

IMO if this goes this route, I give those that have their Favorites still in this praise and hope they do well in their eyes, but it shows the ToP just did not have the ideal for Variety or giving position for anyone else at this point which I am sadden by at the present stage.
My #1 in DB!

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:06 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Krillin1994 wrote:I didn't like that 17 fought her and eliminated both of her team mates without any comeuppance,

seems a bit wasted.
I think more of the point beyond who eliminated who is that factor that 117 while giving some good possible future story arcs for Brianne and the girls and letting them go out like class acts;

To be honest, you probably say the special marked the end of all competition in the tournament, its only gotten more obvious since there though. Hit and Kelfa were eliminated pretty close after one another, marking the end of Universe 6 chances of winning, and though I never thought universe 2 were particularly dangerous(more an nuiscance than anything else), the defeat of their strongest fighters also knocked them out of the game.

Really, this tournament has just been turned into a set up for the Goku v Jiren rematch and nothing much else.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:22 pm

Ribrianne had a good send-off this episode. After being mostly poorly handled during her fights with Goku and Vegeta, the Androids turned out to be a better foil for her. i still wish she'd managed to take one or two of them down with her, since it would've lent credence to her development and taken care of a couple Universe 7 fighters who have nothing left to do now, but she has undergone growth and been a lot of fun in the process.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:16 am

JazzMazz wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

seems a bit wasted.

To be honest, you probably say the special marked the end of all competition in the tournament, its only gotten more obvious since there though. Hit and Kelfa were eliminated pretty close after one another, marking the end of Universe 6 chances of winning, and though I never thought universe 2 were particularly dangerous(more an nuiscance than anything else), the defeat of their strongest fighters also knocked them out of the game.

Really, this tournament has just been turned into a set up for the Goku v Jiren rematch and nothing much else.
Kataphrut wrote:Ribrianne had a good send-off this episode. After being mostly poorly handled during her fights with Goku and Vegeta, the Androids turned out to be a better foil for her. i still wish she'd managed to take one or two of them down with her, since it would've lent credence to her development and taken care of a couple Universe 7 fighters who have nothing left to do now, but she has undergone growth and been a lot of fun in the process.
It has been well over 24 Hours since the end of Episode 117 and my Final Vertdict has been I find it that you both are right and I find myself coming to those 2 conclusions out of all of this;

The Good:

Brianne had a Good Going Out Final Act of her Arc, she had a Good Fight and was a Class Act, taking a Lesson to heart in making herself better when it comes to what she believes in most and that is Love! If you had to have your favorite go out I think how Brianne showed herself was one of the Best in the ToP, she did herself allot of good by what I hear from many around here and that Warms my Heart. :angel:

I always Knew Brianne was a CLASS ACT, but I was honored to see her get to Show it in her final bow-out.

The Bad:

Brianne and U2 where the linchpin IMO for the ToP being something Special in Variety at this point after Kefla went out. For the Good we got in the Class Act of Brianne in how she too her Ring-Out, I lost my Hope for the ToP to be much of anything Uniquely Special in a variety of fighters when she was gone.

I give Honor and Credit to the U7 Fighters always and Hope their fans get what they want out of them. However I feel abit let down just how Over-Dominating they have been, having ringed out so many and still having 75% of their team still in this so late and with the letdown of Brianne being a Major Force to Square against them, Toei choose the status quo and to deny the showing of multiple fighters of Grand power.

I kept doing my best to analyze and figure the story-out that Things would pick up after the Special JazzMazz, that it seemed possible IMO by story and what Toei Promised. But their promise did ring hollow, not Major Fighter outside of U7 or U11 they promoted Like Brianne, Hit, Cabba, Frost, Kale or Caulifla made to the Final rounds or even the top 25. Just really I have to SMH over that and with all respects to who is left of U6, U3 and U4 I hope for the best but I don't expect much.

I think sadly however the Writing was on the Wall ever sooner JazzMazz then the Special.

Back in episode 101 when we had 5 Pride Troopers and another Hyped Character General Kahseral all No Match for U7 and all throw out like they seemed like Junk, my stomach Sank into my gut and I should have known then what was coming and it just keep going from their. :(

Toei has IMO in the ToP final act standings let me down and let down the ideals of their multiverse for now. I don't know who is calling the shots up their but they blew it big-time by going so Mono-centrist.

Honestly I might not be pay much more attain to the rest of the Arc, If U2 stays longer I might keep up to date, but I don't have my hopes up long and U6 is now close to gone too. Until I see U2 comeback, My curiousty for the ToP is pretty much done.

I hope something hooks me back, but without my Favorites in it or a feeling of Real Drama or Tension, this has become boring. :yawn:

Just I have to Thank Toei again for that Nice Final Class Act by Brianne and the Girls, that truly made them come full circle and gives me hope Toei is not done with them. But we need to wait and see now.

To Brianne, Sanka Ku and Su Roas's Characters and their arc, Thank You!

You made me care about Super again and gave me a Nice Ride to care about the ToP, These Girls are all Truly a CLASS ACT and the Best thing to Happen to Dragon Ball in So Long! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My #1 in DB!

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:26 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

Kataphrut wrote:Ribrianne had a good send-off this episode. After being mostly poorly handled during her fights with Goku and Vegeta, the Androids turned out to be a better foil for her. i still wish she'd managed to take one or two of them down with her, since it would've lent credence to her development and taken care of a couple Universe 7 fighters who have nothing left to do now, but she has undergone growth and been a lot of fun in the process.
It has been well over 24 Hours since the end of Episode 117 and my Final Vertdict has been I find it that you both are right and I find myself coming to those 2 conclusions out of all of this;

The Good:

Brianne had a Good Going Out Final Act of her Arc, she had a Good Fight and was a Class Act, taking a Lesson to heart in making herself better when it comes to what she believes in most and that is Love! If you had to have your favorite go out I think how Brianne showed herself was one of the Best in the ToP, she did herself allot of good by what I hear from many around here and that Warms my Heart. :angel:

I always Knew Brianne was a CLASS ACT, but I was honored to see her get to Show it in her final bow-out.

The Bad:
Brianne and U2 where the linchpin IMO for the ToP being something Special in Variety at this point after Kefla went out. For the Good we got in the Class Act of Brianne in how she too her Ring-Out, I lost my Hope for the ToP to be much of anything Uniquely Special in a variety of fighters when she was gone.

I give Honor and Credit to the U7 Fighters always and Hope their fans get what they want out of them. However I feel abit let down just how Over-Dominating they have been, having ringed out so many and still having 75% of their team still in this so late and with the letdown of Brianne being a Major Force to Square against them, Toei choose the status quo and to deny the showing of multiple fighters of Grand power.

I kept doing my best to analyze and figure the story-out that Things would pick up after the Special JazzMazz, that it seemed possible IMO by story and what Toei Promised. But their promise did ring hollow, not Major Fighter outside of U7 or U11 they promoted Like Brianne, Hit, Cabba, Frost, Kale or Caulifla made to the Final rounds or even the top 25. Just really I have to SMH over that and with all respects to who is left of U6, U3 and U4 I hope for the best but I don't expect much.

I think sadly however the Writing was on the Wall ever sooner JazzMazz then the Special.

Back in episode 101 when we had 5 Pride Troopers and another Hyped Character General Kahseral all No Match for U7 and all throw out like they seemed like Junk, my stomach Sank into my gut and I should have known then what was coming and it just keep going from their. :(

Toei has IMO in the ToP final act standings let me down and let down the ideals of their multiverse for now. I don't know who is calling the shots up their but they blew it big-time by going so Mono-centrist.

Honestly I might not be pay much more attain to the rest of the Arc, If U2 stays longer I might keep up to date, but I don't have my hopes up long and U6 is now close to gone too. Until I see U2 comeback, My curiousty for the ToP is pretty much done.

I hope something hooks me back, but without my Favorites in it or a feeling of Real Drama or Tension, this has become boring. :yawn:

Just I have to Thank Toei again for that Nice Final Class Act by Brianne and the Girls, that truly made them come full circle and gives me hope Toei is not done with them. But we need to wait and see now.

To Brianne, Sanka Ku and Su Roas's Characters and their arc, Thank You!

You made me care about Super again and gave me a Nice Ride to care about the ToP, These Girls are all Truly a CLASS ACT and the Best thing to Happen to Dragon Ball in So Long! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yep, class acts call someone's husband ugly and then banter on about "love".

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:31 pm

Loved her at first, but got a little tiring after awhile. Glad she learned a lesson at the end though, she's one of the few people in this tournament not from universe 7 that got some character development.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:34 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:I found her to be an interesting tribute to the magical girl genre. Also she has a really good disguise LOL (instead of just getting a new suit, she becomes fat and changes her skin color).

She also has a cool French name (named after a steak, but that's DB and its food names).

I look forward to seeing her and Vegeta fight.
I'm glad she's been knocked out!

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:24 pm

Shes the worst charecter ever created in the dragonball franchise

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:24 pm

Swifticuffs wrote:Yep, class acts call someone's husband ugly and then banter on about "love".
As much of a non-issue IMO with Brianne's character as it was with Krillian saying they where not attractive in episode 102. Also she learned better by then end, a character that can admit a wrong in their own certain ways is a good development and big of a character.

I don't care much to keep going in a circle either about this topic, really I have my views that I will not alter and you will not either and I am ok with that. Time will tell Brianne and the Girls Future, even if they are erase I expect them back, so the future is more depended on what Toei wants, but no-one here can guarantee that no matter how much we think we know or try to explain, we just do theories.

Whatever Happens~~~Happens, I still enjoy her Character Like I meet others that did as well and still do. Others did not enjoy her, that is how it always goes, only the unnecessary harping about her got to much.

In the end Brianne ended on a good note that seem to indicate Toei is not done with her, that this might be only her opening and learning act, that is my theory. If it leads to nothing by Toei then while I will be disappointed, it will be what it will be, it is how it goes.

But I will still always Love this Girls character, that she brought be back to Super for a good time and gave me a new character to like and appreciate to a high degree. I don't expect Perfect characters, I want mortals that learn from their faults and try to evolve to become better. While I wanted more from Toei with Brianne's character in the ToP, they left on a note that made me pleased and interested in any future they might give her.

In the end we like who we like, I respect the opposite point of view the best I can and we just leave on we agree to disagree. I hope the best for each and every character in DB and I hope the Best for your Favorites as well. :thumbup:
My #1 in DB!

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:42 pm

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:47 pm

I feel that she's a character that gets way more hate then she deserves. Sure she can be a bit annoying with her whole love gimmick and she does have issues, but the loathing some people have for her is ridiculous. Then again I'm in the very small minority that liked her so I may be a bit biased. Overall I enjoyed her and I'm curious to see how she fares in the manga.

Asura

Post by Asura » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:37 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:

seems a bit wasted.

I really don't expect anyone besides U7 and U11 to make-up the whole of the Finals.

If you U3 or U4 can prove me wrong it be nice, but Toei just seems to be focused on the status quo of U7 heroes facing 1 Monolithic Foe, would not be suprised if Jiren KOs most of U7 at this point.

If U3 or U4 can be a surprise that be great, but my beats are off right now.

IMO if this goes this route, I give those that have their Favorites still in this praise and hope they do well in their eyes, but it shows the ToP just did not have the ideal for Variety or giving position for anyone else at this point which I am sadden by at the present stage.
I don't think U3 will do anything, but U4 will definitely be a major factor with the two invisible bugs, and who knows what lies ahead for the U6 Namekians. If they get eliminated in 118, then what a waste. A fusion between the two resulting in a Namekian at god level would be really cool but I'm not sure how likely it is given we just saw Kale and Caulifla do the exact same thing and they're also from U6.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:57 am

An amusing gag character that went out in a memorable way to 17 and 18 respectively. Plus it was nice to see her realize there was love in other universes and was not bitter about it. I have nothing negative to say, she served her purpose and didn't overstay her welcome in the TOP.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:03 am

I don't dislike her.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Timetraveller
Beyond Newbie

Post by Timetraveller » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:34 pm

MR.Mark wrote:An amusing gag character that went out in a memorable way to 17 and 18 respectively. Plus it was nice to see her realize there was love in other universes and was not bitter about it. I have nothing negative to say, she served her purpose and didn't overstay her welcome in the TOP.
She's had more screen time than most of U7's fighters such as Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo and Tien and was nothing more than a gag character repeating the same gag in every appearance with repeated animation.

It's okay to criticize Super. You don't HAVE to pretend to like everything

It was funny the first few times. Then the same jokes got old fast. I don't watch DBZ for its Sailor Moon parodies and for those that do want to watch that genre, I hear there's a sequel or remake that recently released.

Glad they were eliminated. Now we can move on to more interesting characters that are hopefully less one dimensional