Thoughts on Ribrianne?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Thoughts on Ribrianne?

Post by emperior » Sun May 21, 2017 4:42 pm

precita wrote:She will defeat Vegeta at the tournament all his fans will be butt-mad Vegeta lost to a fat teletubby for years to come.
I really, really don't want that to happen. But man, the backlash would be hilarious.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun May 21, 2017 4:42 pm

I was looking forward to her because i thought she looked beautiful didn't expect her to be the character we saw in the opening and the v jump spread ! my question is,that appearance we saw her in was it her desguise or her actual base look ??? !!

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun May 21, 2017 4:43 pm

emperior wrote:
precita wrote:She will defeat Vegeta at the tournament all his fans will be butt-mad Vegeta lost to a fat teletubby for years to come.
I really, really don't want that to happen. But man, the backlash would be hilarious.
I won't be surprised if it happens though ! i love db for the very reason that it does some things to make certain fans mad.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm

More than a teletubby, she looks like the Para Para Brothers from GT from her clothes to her appearance. Only difference is she's a lot heavier. Couldn't the Para Para Brothers also assume a disguised human form?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun May 21, 2017 5:13 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:She is THICC af
No, she's fat. Even if "thicc" is a meme word, it does have a sort of definition, and Ribrianne doesn't fit it. The best way I can think of to differentiate the two is that thicc means the "pear" bodyshape, while fat is the "apple" bodyshape. (Regular Brianne is neither.)

Anyway:
While I did see where it was going the instant the transformation happened (helped by the correct prediction that Helles' definition of beauty is bizarre), I think Ribrianne is a nice parody of the magical girl genre. Her personality didn't seem to be much to write home about, but she needs more time for that to be judged properly.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun May 21, 2017 5:18 pm

I think she is very funny. Her transforming into that fat teletuby is hilarious, compared to the ultra estilized figures of the Sailor Moon girls. It will be fun to see Vegeta fighting her and she will give him a hard time, but she'll lose.
Heno heno kappa!

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun May 21, 2017 6:06 pm

I noticed since last week her and the character from the opening had the same color scheme and I was kinda expecting them to be the same character.

However, I'd hoped she wasn't since I like both designs and wanted as many unique fighters as possible, but with how great she's shaping up to be, I am very happy a fun character is getting two great designs, rather than two good designs being wasted on separate not-as-fun guys. Can't wait to see her kick Vegeta's ass.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:38 pm

I'm gonna have on helluva laugh at Vegeta getting rolfstomped by this chick, before crying uncontrollably over it.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:42 pm

kidhero1000 wrote:I'm gonna have on helluva laugh at Vegeta getting rolfstomped by this chick, before crying uncontrollably over it.
This needs to happen. Absolutely 100% NEEDS to exist for us to witness and fawn over for all time.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sun May 21, 2017 7:26 pm

I mean, she's a one-note parody of magical girls so far so not much else to say. We'll see how/if it develops

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun May 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Most amusing transformation since Zarbon. Glad she wasn't just some generically cute girl honestly. She may be a bit of a gag, but at least her design isn't bland. Hope she's got a little more to her than she first appears to though ability wise.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Sun May 21, 2017 9:13 pm

She sounds like a lot of fun. I'm always down for Magical Girl parodies in basically anything. Although I'm wondering what exactly the 'joke' is supposed to be. Is it just that when she 'transforms', she gets uglier? Because I don't think her design is that obviously ugly. She may have a weird body shape, but this is also a story world with aliens that aren't very human-looking at all. The way she was presented in this recent episode felt more like 'huh, that wasn't what I was expecting' to 'huh, this is the exact opposite of what I was expecting, and that's the joke'.

Or maybe the joke is just that she doesn't obviously look like a magical girl at all but still acts like one.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

CabbaxCaulifla

Post by CabbaxCaulifla » Mon May 22, 2017 5:11 pm

IntoTheFire wrote:Yeah, I kind of liked her at first but nor so much when she transformed. And what a transformation! Zarbon's got nothing on her.
Now you're just being ridiculous, Zarbon's transformation is stillthe uglier one. Infact, Ribrianne isn't ugly at all, even in her transformed state she downright adorable.
Basaku wrote:I mean, she's a one-note parody of magical girls so far so not much else to say. We'll see how/if it develops
One-note? Sounds like you are jumping the gun there.
DBZAOTA482 wrote:She is THICC af
Hell yes she is! Extra Thicc in fact.
Last edited by CabbaxCaulifla on Mon May 22, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Mon May 22, 2017 5:15 pm

CabbaxCaulifla wrote:
IntoTheFire wrote:Yeah, I kind of liked her at first but nor so much when she transformed. And what a transformation! Zarbon's got nothing on her.
Now you're just being ridiculous, Zarbon's transformation is stillthe uglier one. Infact, Ribrianne isn't ugly at all, even in her transformed state she downright adorable.
I wasn't really talking about ugliness, but rather how drastic the transformation is. Zarbon at least looked like himself, while she is unrecognizable. Probably should have made that clearer.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

CabbaxCaulifla

Post by CabbaxCaulifla » Mon May 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Ah ok, that makes more sense.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Mon May 22, 2017 7:40 pm

CabbaxCaulifla wrote:
Basaku wrote:I mean, she's a one-note parody of magical girls so far so not much else to say. We'll see how/if it develops
One-note? Sounds like you are jumping the gun there.
I'm commenting on what is there. At the moment, she's a one-note parody, nothing else. Jeadcanon and personal hopes/predictions obviously don't count

supersaiyan1993

Post by supersaiyan1993 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:08 am

i think shes a great character and what db super needs. more diversity, the better. but her intro was bit too childish. anyway I'm sure she will be a very strong fighter since u2 is the pair with u11.

what if she has other transformations based on emotions. ribrianne could be love, there could be others like hate, anger etc.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 23, 2017 7:18 am

When we only had the preview I was thinking she would end up being a sort of alternate Buu race creature.

I want to ask Zeno or Zuno why a Buu egg was placed in the universe when created....
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 23, 2017 10:24 am

I think she's awesome. She works wonderfully in the same vein of as the Ginyu Force did. They were deconstructive parody of Super Sentai and she is deconstructive parody of the Magical Girl genre.

It's great. And her VA is terrific.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue May 23, 2017 10:44 am

Both saiyajin females suck big time. That's what i think.