How do you think the others would react if Goku told them the truth?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

How do you think the others would react if Goku told them the truth?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:40 pm

Krillin: He would shit himself and whine about how he loves his family.

Bulma & Vegeta: They would figure Goku has something to do with it and berate him for how much a stupid asshole he is

Goten & Trunks: Emotional wrecks

#17 & 18: Would probably not care about the tournament

Chi-Chi: She would question why and Goku nervously suggests he gave Zeno the idea but instead of reacting in comical rage, she finally just snaps and it puts a strain on their relationship.... though knowing Super's writing, they'll just do something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKmruC-sMqo

Videl: Nothing

What do you guys think...
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How do you think the others would react if Goku told them the truth?

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun May 21, 2017 3:11 pm

First, there will be a Split-Screen Reaction (Achtung! TV Tropes!), followed by someone— Krillin, most probably— running up to Goku and demanding to know why he didn't tell them beforehand. To those that already know, they look on morosely as those who weren't in on it collectively lose their minds.
Tenshinhan will most likely use this as further motivation; Krillin and 18 will eventually come around to it, look at Marron, and realize that they have to protect each other and their child; Master Roshi will comically regret not finding even hotter young women and then perhaps realize that this is his chance to make his life's work count.
They're probably going to suspect Goku had a role in it, and I can definitely see Chi-Chi finally getting tired of Goku's shit, though she ultimately has no other choice but to support him. Goten and Trunks will be scared of being erased and also angry that they weren't chosen to fight but humans were.

Vegeta... I can see Vegeta going one of two ways. Either he believes that Goku's responsible and vow to destroy him before their universe is erased if they happen to lose, or he'll accept Zeno's whimsical choice, as brutal as it may be.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:03 am

Yuli Ban wrote:Vegeta... I can see Vegeta going one of two ways. Either he believes that Goku's responsible and vow to destroy him before their universe is erased if they happen to lose, or he'll accept Zeno's whimsical choice, as brutal as it may be.
Then again, Vegeta should also have some sort of gratitude for Goku since he gave all the universes a fighting chance to save themselves from erasure.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Mon May 22, 2017 5:12 am

Depending on what happens in the end, I would think it would take them quite awhile before they could forgive Goku.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon May 22, 2017 5:31 am

It kinda fits tho, as to the reason EoZ of why Goku wasnt in touch with Bulma and the others and to why he looks bored, this could be the turning point of him seperating himself from everyone.
That being said, like Vados said they should be thankful that Goku gave them a fighting chance, but of course the others namely the ones that didnt know the stakes and were lied to may take it in a different way, I dont see Vegeta getting pissed at him for it, Vegeta's also a warrior, not like Goku but he is still a saiyan at heart, in his head all they have to do is win. Krillin tho I see him getting pissed not just because of the stakes but because Goku hid it from him, its not a good idea hiding something like that from everyone and telling them the tournament is just for fun with a prize money reward.
I'm interested with the preview showing Bulma, Krillin and 18 facing Goku while Tien and Piccolo were on their backs.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 22, 2017 8:12 am

Android 17 was already told about the real circumstances of the Tournament of Power and he didn't really care. I doubt Goten and Trunks will be told as they're going to be looking after Android 17's island for him. Vegeta and Bulma will definitely be furious and bitch Goku out for it. Android 18 and Krillin will also be upset with Goku and they could potentially drop out of the tournament

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Mon May 22, 2017 8:55 am

Similarly to anyone associated with Goku, it would be a "what the hell Goku, do you know what this means?" 5 mins later, "Oh well, you can always save us Goku".
If not, it's going to be more of a meh reaction..

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon May 22, 2017 10:48 am

Krillin: He would shit himself until he dives in a world of piss and shit. :clap: :clap: :clap: :D
A-18: If there is no money involved she doesn't give a fuck.
Roshi: he would be a little bit fucked up
Tenshinhan: probably he would say that he has a chance like when he fought against Piccolo and Gohan, but, he would be a little bit fucked up

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 22, 2017 11:31 am

Shinda Forever wrote:Krillin: He would shit himself until he dives in a world of piss and shit. :clap: :clap: :clap: :D
Um...what?

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Mon May 22, 2017 11:50 am

They will get mad or about 5 mins and then they will forgive him.

Look at how Gohan and Piccolo reacted.

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Mon May 22, 2017 1:35 pm

I expect they will get pissed for not being told. I don't expect it will last though.
I really wish we had more than lukewarm reactions from people. There were a few who panicked, mostly Gods but most of them don't seem that scared. Gohan was the only one I feel showed any real emotion so far. 17 and Caulifla don't even care they could all die. I really hope we see bigger reactions from others, especially Vegeta, Krillin and 18.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:02 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Krillin: He would shit himself and whine about how he loves his family.

Bulma & Vegeta: They would figure Goku has something to do with it and berate him for how much a stupid asshole he is

Chi-Chi: She would question why and Goku nervously suggests he gave Zeno the idea but instead of reacting in comical rage, she finally just snaps and it puts a strain on their relationship.... though knowing Super's writing, they'll just do something like this

This doesn't sound like the characters at all. Unless you're taking a jab at Super's occassional OOC writing.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 22, 2017 2:37 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:Krillin: He would shit himself and whine about how he loves his family.

This doesn't sound like the characters at all. Unless you're taking a jab at Super's occassional OOC writing.
Such as?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:45 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

Such as?
Goku is self explanatory.
Vegeta wanting to "be the one who beats Kakarot"
Krillin freezing up over fighting weak soldiers

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:

Depends... are we still going out on a date?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:56 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

Depends... are we still going out on a date?
I only have $4. :(

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:37 pm

No wonder I missed you so much lol.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Such as?
Goku is self explanatory.
Vegeta wanting to "be the one who beats Kakarot"
Krillin freezing up over fighting weak soldiers
Goku is not self explanatory. Beyond the blanket complaint of, "He forgot something, so he's an idiot." or "He gambling with other people's lives for a good fight." The latter being one of his defining character traits since the Saiyan arc.

Vegeta has no idea what the real concept of the tournament is. Remember, Goku and Gohan have been twisting the truth about the circumstances of the tournament to get people to participate. It wouldn't surprise me if they twisted the truth about the circumstances of the tournament to get him to participate. As far as he is concerned, it's a traditional style world martial-style bracket tournament with many other fighters. And there is nothing OOC about Vegeta wanting to defeat Goku in the tournament because as far as he's concerned, he's confident enough in his own and Goku's ability that they will be last two participants and he will/can come out on top.

Krillin panicking against Freeza's soldiers only happens due the additional circumstance of coming face to face with Freeza for the first time since Freeza blew him up and Freeza having the soldiers specifically target him just to mentally torment Krillin again.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon May 22, 2017 7:51 pm

Half the team already knows, and the other half thinks that it's about money.

Kuririn would probably get mad at Goku for not telling him sooner, which I think will have something to do with him and 18 "leaving" the team next episode.

18 will probably also get mad and follow Kuririn.

Tenshinhan won't get mad, but disappointed that Goku never told him about the costs of losing.

Roshi would probably get serious and try to approach it maturely.

Vegeta would just be annoying and angry like he usually is these days.

I think this problem will get resolved next episode, and the team might have some morale and trust issues before the tournament starts because of Goku and Gohan. Actually, now that I think about it, this is all Gohan's fault. Goku probably would have told them if it weren't for Gohan telling him not to.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:22 pm

Piccolo, Gohan and 17 already know the truth

Krillin will be angry at Goku for not telling him the truth and scared because he would feel not strong enough to save the universe, he would tell Goku to look for a stronger fighter

18 will be angry because of the lie Goku told her and 17 not telling her, but will be furious at not having money prize and because her daughter, she would quit along Krillin

Roshi will stay calm and will be determined to save the universe, he would bring calm to the rest of the team

Tien will be furious at first, but will still be determined to save the universe

Vegeta will be angry at Goku for not telling him the truth at the start, but will still be excited to participate in the tournament

Freeza is the most unpredictable, perphaps he will be happy at first and when Goku convinces him he will be excited to take part in the tournament

Buu would not understand the situation until they tell him that Satan will die if they lose, obviously this will not happen because Buu will not take part

Yamcha would shit brick, literally