Strongest Z Fighters

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Re: Strongest Z Fighters

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Tue May 23, 2017 6:59 pm

PiccoloG wrote:Ok you are giving Yamcha way too much credit here. His last real "major" one on one fight in db universe was against a saibaman. Let's analyse what he has done since.
Ok he beat Recoome during the battle at King Kai's (though it was filler) but was completely useless against Gero during the Androids arc where he literally got one-shotted (Gero can be argued to be around the same league as Namek Frieza).
The Cell Jrs he was defending well, but he wasn't actually giving them a good fight like Future Trunks or Vegeta were. Plus, you had Piccolo intervening and helping the likes Tien, Krillin, injured Goku and Yamcha himself, so please don't argue he was on par with a Cell Jr, that would be an insult to Vegeta & FTR Trunks at the time.
Super Perfect Cell, well everyone was attacking Cell from behind during the beam struggle but it made no difference to Cell and no one really did anything to him significantly until Vegeta intervened. Hell even Roshi could have joined in if he was there and had the same impact as Yamcha.

About Majin Buu, King Kai said he wanted to send Krillin & Yamcha if Goku & Vegeta were down because there would be no one of significant strength left. Gohan, Piccolo, Trunks & Goten were all absorbed and so it would be down to fodder like the humans to do something. That does not mean Yamcha was not even remotely close to a power like Buu's, its just they would be extremely limited in options.

As for Super, he has done nothing, so there is literally no evidence he is even near Trunks & Goten's base power, let alone stronger. BTW Remember, pre-ROSAT Trunks & Goten in their base gave 18 a good fight at the tournament, so if you said Yamcha was stronger than the boys then you would be saying he is on a similar league to 18?

Fine I'll push it and say Yamcha, as of super, is of first form Frieza level at Namek, and that is being extremely generous given the fact that he is a waste of fighter right now!
Really? allow me to break it down to you: I'm not the one who drew these scenarios, Toei Animation did, and they (their DBZ executives/staff) thought Yamcha was worthy of getting these scenes before they told the animators they want it done.

I didn't said "Yamcha was on par with a Cell Jr.", ONLY that he was able to withstand a battle with such an opponent who should obviously be over the power level of Frieza in the Namek Saga (Final Form that is, not "Captain Ginyu-tier" as you claimed/suggested originally), and that Yamcha's power level joint with Tien's could protect the battle worn SSJ Goku and knee-bump him off the way (a scene that "only occurred" in the anime).
Yamcha's power level in all of DBZ was higher than Roshi's, I don't see how you can even consider the two to be "equal" in their ability to affect Super Perfect Cell (or even "equal" in general) when the old man was leagues behind even the likes of Chiaotzu.

King Kai says to Krillin and Yamcha in the Funimation dub (I've saw the Japanese version but can't recall the exact phrasing right now, 1:59 AM): "You're my next best fighters (available)".
About the 25th Budokai: 18 was suppressed as she was absolutely sure "Mighty Mask" was just a highly skilled human, not that she knew it was Trunks & Goten (a contradiction of itself, as she needs to have built in "scouter" to detect ki - that's how she senses power levels). Pre-ROSAT Goten had a "filler" fight with Krillin while Goku was talking on Kami's Lookout and seemed to manage just fine without breaking a sweat, I don't see how Yamcha, who once regained his old fighting lust, be any lower than these kids (don't wanna take Bio-Broly movie into account where Krillin can keep up with them even in SSJ and this movie was done when Trunks & Goten were treated with HIGH REGARDS by Toei and the fandom).

I will recommend you on my topic called: "Was there a place for Yamcha & Chiaotzu in Resurrection 'F''?" if you wish to discuss the Super appearances of Yamcha. And from what I understand from the next episode on Super (92) Roshi is going to get excluded from the Tournament of Power somehow, see the prediction in this thread.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:39 pm

Vegeta
Goku (With Kaio Ken activated, Goku becomes stronger than Vegeta)
Future Trunks
Gohan
Mr. Buu
Piccolo
Trunks
Goten
Tien
Krillin
Yamcha
Jaco
Roshi
Videl
Yajirobe
Satan

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Wed May 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Lapislettuce wrote: Umm out of curiosity why is 17 so low in your list ? lol
Piccolo level is considered low these days?

My list is my personal interpretation based on the most powerful forms in Super. Saiyans get a bit of an unfair advantage due to that. Hell, base Goten and Trunks rank below Krillin and Tien, IMO.

SSJ Rage Future Trunks with the spirit bomb sword managed to cleave merged Zamasu in two, and even before that was able to fight off Goku Black Rose who defeated SSB Vegeta hence why I think he's that high.
17 is unlikely to be at SSBKK Goku or SSB Vegeta's level. SSB Vegetto even less so.
Ultimate Gohan put in a convincing showing with a more serious SSBKK Goku who is top of the list hence him ranking third.
Buu and Gotenks are honestly more questionable. Buu I think is more justifiable, but theoretically a SSJ3 fusion should rank above a weakened Buu. Hell, Buu could be below Piccolo and 17 now since he spends most his time hibernating.

As for Lapis' himself;
17 wasn't going all out against Goku, but nor was Goku going all out against 17 as both of them stated so. Piccolo managed to push Gohan around a fair bit so I decided to lump him and 17 together as per their old rivalry until I see anything that contradicts that. Super Saiyan Blue is the state obtained by perfectly controlling your ki, so Goku could be anywhere on that list when he fights 17 in that form to test him IMHO. Honestly I think 17 has the edge between the two.

Just my opinion, and you're entitled to disagree but I hope that at least helps explain my thought process.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed May 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Akyon wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: Umm out of curiosity why is 17 so low in your list ? lol
Piccolo level is considered low these days?

My list is my personal interpretation based on the most powerful forms in Super. Saiyans get a bit of an unfair advantage due to that. Hell, base Goten and Trunks rank below Krillin and Tien, IMO.

SSJ Rage Future Trunks with the spirit bomb sword managed to cleave merged Zamasu in two, and even before that was able to fight off Goku Black Rose who defeated SSB Vegeta hence why I think he's that high.
17 is unlikely to be at SSBKK Goku or SSB Vegeta's level. SSB Vegetto even less so.
Ultimate Gohan put in a convincing showing with a more serious SSBKK Goku who is top of the list hence him ranking third.
Buu and Gotenks are honestly more questionable. Buu I think is more justifiable, but theoretically a SSJ3 fusion should rank above a weakened Buu. Hell, Buu could be below Piccolo and 17 now since he spends most his time hibernating.

As for Lapis' himself;
17 wasn't going all out against Goku, but nor was Goku going all out against 17 as both of them stated so. Piccolo managed to push Gohan around a fair bit so I decided to lump him and 17 together as per their old rivalry until I see anything that contradicts that. Super Saiyan Blue is the state obtained by perfectly controlling your ki, so Goku could be anywhere on that list when he fights 17 in that form to test him IMHO. Honestly I think 17 has the edge between the two.

Just my opinion, and you're entitled to disagree but I hope that at least helps explain my thought process.
It's okay eventhough i don't agree with it,i really appreciate the fact you explained it to me <3 kuddos

blackbewhite2k7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by blackbewhite2k7 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:44 pm

Goku
Gohan (Could switch with Vegeta soon)
Vegeta
Buu
Piccolo
Krillin (post training/as of episode 84)
Tenshinhan
Roshi (If he was stronger than Tenshinhan than he'd have straight up killed that latter whilst using the Bakoku Bikkuri Shō @ 100%)
Yamcha (Might be a spot higher, at best, if we see anything from him but comic relief in Super)
Chaotzu/Jaco (About equal, IMO)
Yajirobe
Videl/Yurin and Tenshinhan's other students after enough training
Mr.Satan/Monaka (I'd love to see them fight)

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Fri May 26, 2017 5:41 am

Vegeta
Goku ( With Kaioken, he's easily stronger than Vegeta )
Future Trunks
Gohan
Buu
Piccolo
(Buu, Piccolo & 17 should be pretty similiar, power-wise )
Trunks
Goten
( the boys and 18 should be equal, power-wise )
Tenshinhan
Kuririn
( Ten and Kuririn's power should be very similiar )
Yamcha
Chaozu
Roshi
Jaco
Yajirobe
Videl
Satan