Will Vegeta ever address the elephant in the room?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Will Vegeta ever address the elephant in the room?

Post by TBMx » Tue May 23, 2017 1:22 pm

I notice they have him go back to thinking he will surpass Goku.

He says that, but he doesn't address kaioken. Anyone want to bet that he just comes out of the chamber vaguely stronger in raw strength, but still nothing against Kaioken?

If they're not going to replace Vegeta as Goku's archrival with Hit or Toppo or Jiran (understandable, y'know... money $$) Then you gotta give him something against kaioken. Either that, or don't have him keep talking about surpassing Goku, because it makes him look like a delusional idiot.

precita
Banned

Re: Will Vegeta ever address the elephant in the room?

Post by precita » Tue May 23, 2017 1:46 pm

And here I thought you meant Vegeta speaking to the pink elephant God. :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue May 23, 2017 1:52 pm

You could have Vegeta learn kaio-ken, but there's only two people who know how to do it. He's not gonna ask Gokû (if he was I think that would've happened during their 3 years together in the RoSaT) and getting to North Kaio-sama is something he can't do on his own (Gokû could teleport him there, but Vegeta-being-stubborn-about-Gokû's-help pops up again) so Vegeta'd have to ask either Shin or Whis to take him there and then he'd have to convince North Kaio-sama to teach him the technique.

OR he could spy on Gokû and try to learn it though watching him from a hiding spot.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue May 23, 2017 2:09 pm

I think the reaosn is simply because it was never a Toriyama concept to begin with.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue May 23, 2017 2:17 pm

Toriyama gave the last panel of the EoZ to Vegeta saying he would someday surpass Goku. Some things never change.
Heno heno kappa!

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue May 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Kaio-Ken is a rather temporary power-up. My guess is Vegeta want to surpass Goku entirely without the need to resort to such tactics as the kaio-ken.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Tue May 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Well, he made a confession lately, in the Manga, and there is a dimension of it that i liked and always wondered why DB staff never used it in their advantage.

Simply put, i'd expect "somehow" Vegeta to be able to sense (reverse engineer) all Goku's attacks/techniques and vice versa, due to their minds being merged in to one with fusion.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Tue May 23, 2017 3:11 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Kaio-Ken is a rather temporary power-up. My guess is Vegeta want to surpass Goku entirely without the need to resort to such tactics as the kaio-ken.
Goku seems to be spamming it a lot without negative effects, so I don't buy into the idea that it can be outlasted.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Tue May 23, 2017 3:22 pm

TBMx wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:Kaio-Ken is a rather temporary power-up. My guess is Vegeta want to surpass Goku entirely without the need to resort to such tactics as the kaio-ken.
Goku seems to be spamming it a lot without negative effects, so I don't buy into the idea that it can be outlasted.
Unlike the match against Hit, he later used it only for short periods of time, and probably at its standard level (2x) instead of 10x.
Of course, it's also possible that he somewhat "completed" that technique in the meanwhile, making it cause less backfiring to him than before.

I would have liked to see it used more in Zamasu arc... but maybe it may have brought to goku Black doing the same, or maybe he was still too near to his ki disorder syndrome and he hadn't perfected the technique yet. However I would have appreciated if he had used it to win the beam struggle with fused Zamasu...

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Vegeta will never truly pass Goku for a while. It will never be Goku training hard to surpass Vegeta. That was never Goku's goal, it was Vegeta's goal.

Which is sad because he trained for many years and even had a head-start because Vegeta was stronger when they first met.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Gig wrote:
TBMx wrote:
Unlike the match against Hit, he later used it only for short periods of time, and probably at its standard level (2x) instead of 10x.
Of course, it's also possible that he somewhat "completed" that technique in the meanwhile, making it cause less backfiring to him than before.

I would have liked to see it used more in Zamasu arc... but maybe it may have brought to goku Black doing the same, or maybe he was still too near to his ki disorder syndrome and he hadn't perfected the technique yet. However I would have appreciated if he had used it to win the beam struggle with fused Zamasu...

Agreed 1000% on the last part.

If it can be controlled though its basically the ultimate form. Even 2x the power of a SSB is a gigantic leap to overcome just through training to catch up.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue May 23, 2017 6:41 pm

Since the Blue Kaioken isn't in the manga, I'd say he'll never touch upon it. The story isn't going to go that way. I find it more likely that both of them will reach some new level where Kaioken won't apply anymore.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:39 pm

precita wrote:And here I thought you meant Vegeta speaking to the pink elephant God. :lol:
Lol me too :lol:
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

IKevinX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by IKevinX » Tue May 23, 2017 11:08 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
precita wrote:And here I thought you meant Vegeta speaking to the pink elephant God. :lol:
Lol me too :lol:
You made me cough/laugh hard aswell. Jeez

Vegeta will never surpass Goku definitely with SSJ Blue. They need a transformation that nullifies Kaioken for good first.
Playlist for my Deep Look series on DBS. Analysis Manga+Anime
Playlist for my Top 7 Best moments on DBS, per arc.

Awesome Goku Black Tribute
Goku SSJ4 vs Goku SSJ God

I don't know why Jpn loves the first Broly movies given then enormous amount of parodies, but I've come to love them aswell, hence the Paragus.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -You know who. (Not Voldemort)

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed May 24, 2017 1:36 am

the problem is, Kaioken in it's current form causes an extreme amount of stress on the body. So much so that the form is considered a last ditch effort.

To beat it, Vegeta would have to be strong enough or skilled enough to outlast Goku's willingness to use it.

However, there could be a bit of a darker option here. I a desperate attempt to beat Vegeta, Goku refuses to drop out of Kaioken. However, after a lengthy battle, Goku can no longer control the form and dies from overextending himself. Even if Vegeta is beating down deaths door, he could still call it a victory due to some twisted Joker Vs. Batman style logic.

*Cough! "Haaa... I-I did it... I p-pushed you, beyond your breaking point... Haha... I... win..."

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed May 24, 2017 10:35 am

TBMx wrote:I notice they have him go back to thinking he will surpass Goku.

He says that, but he doesn't address kaioken. Anyone want to bet that he just comes out of the chamber vaguely stronger in raw strength, but still nothing against Kaioken?

If they're not going to replace Vegeta as Goku's archrival with Hit or Toppo or Jiran (understandable, y'know... money $$) Then you gotta give him something against kaioken. Either that, or don't have him keep talking about surpassing Goku, because it makes him look like a delusional idiot.
I really hope they replace Vegeta as Goku's archrival with Hit, because, Vegeta says always the same shit and he is always surpassed by Goku in every department. Everyone is tired of Vegeta, we need some fresh air and Hitto can provide that with his awesome abilities, Vegeta hasn't anything to offer except raw power and i'm tired to see him ranting all the time about Goku. Enough is enough, he needs to accept his place like he did in DBZ and move on like Piccolo and Tenshinhan did.

They don't need to give him anything, Vegeta has raw power and that's all, he never did a decent creative technique his entire career and he is not going to start now, because, it goes against his principles. Vegeta believes that raw power can overcome anything.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Without Kaioken, Vegeta is already stronger than Goku. But what can Vegeta do to surpass the Kaioken?

Learning Kaioken is out of discussion, he won´t ask Goku to teach him and he doesn´t even know North Kaio

Getting his potential unleashed like Gohan might work, Old Kaio already offered Goku to do that, but Vegeta is too proud to accept help

Pushing the SSJB to the limits, like he and Trunks pushed SSJ2 to be stronger than SSJ3, don´t know, something like SSJB2

Developing his own technique, after watching Goku´s Kaio Ken, Trunks´s Ikari form or Goku Black´s SSJR

Learning to control his rage and powering up like he did when Bulma was hurt by Beerus

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed May 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Benedetto12 wrote:Without Kaioken, Vegeta is already stronger than Goku. But what can Vegeta do to surpass the Kaioken?

Learning Kaioken is out of discussion, he won´t ask Goku to teach him and he doesn´t even know North Kaio

Getting his potential unleashed like Gohan might work, Old Kaio already offered Goku to do that, but Vegeta is too proud to accept help

Pushing the SSJB to the limits, like he and Trunks pushed SSJ2 to be stronger than SSJ3, don´t know, something like SSJB2

Developing his own technique, after watching Goku´s Kaio Ken, Trunks´s Ikari form or Goku Black´s SSJR

Learning to control his rage and powering up like he did when Bulma was hurt by Beerus
That isn't true since nothing has shown Vegeta being stronger than Goku. All you have is Vegeta beating up Black and Goku one-up that's by melting Merged Zamasu's face. And that was months ago, so we don't know how Vegeta compares to Goku.

And Trunks being stronger than Super Saiyan 3 Goku is only in the manga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 24, 2017 4:14 pm

HeroR wrote:
Benedetto12 wrote:Without Kaioken, Vegeta is already stronger than Goku. But what can Vegeta do to surpass the Kaioken?

That isn't true since nothing has shown Vegeta being stronger than Goku. All you have is Vegeta beating up Black and Goku one-up that's by melting Merged Zamasu's face. And that was months ago, so we don't know how Vegeta compares to Goku.

And Trunks being stronger than Super Saiyan 3 Goku is only in the manga.
Agreed..yeah Vegeta came out of the time chamber extremely strong but in the end Goku had the epic feat of the beam clash.

SSB Goku and Vegeta are probably close but no way Vegeta could even keep up with a standard Kaio-Ken.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"