Are you watching the Super dub every week?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: Are you watching the Super dub every week?

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:12 am

No. Instead, I waited until the Battle of Gods arc was over, then binge-watched it. Now I'm waiting for the Resurrection F arc to finish, then I'll binge-watch that. And so on and so on. I think Funimation does a good job with the dubbing, but since they're over a year behind, I don't exactly feel any obligation to watch it. So it's easier to just wait and binge.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:56 pm

nope nope nope i have a very special plan that i don't mind letting you guys in on. i'm going with the sub first because i'm already attached to it and i like it a lot.

by the time the series is completely finished and subbed i will move on to the manga to read from chapter 1 (this will provide a very good and fresh experience since the manga is a lot different from the anime in terms of story, art, and just, what it is. it's not animated. the manga should also be completed by then or almost completed.

after i go through that wonderful experience i will re watch dragon ball super DUBBED for a very fresh and familiar anime experience that will be even better the second time around.

three wonderful and fresh experiences all from one series. no way am i going to go through all three of them at the same time.

spencer7x7

Post by spencer7x7 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:52 am

MagmonKai wrote:Are you kidding me? Of course I watch the Super every week. Super Saturday is what I call it. I watch the Sub live, then watch the dub, then re-watch the Sub with Subtitles!! The English Dub is way better than the original in my opinion. Love the VA of Goku and the others. It's so refreshing not hearing the granny voice. While I loved Masako Nozawa's Goku Black voice, I don't care for her Gohan and Goku voices.
Glad I'm not the only one who calls it that. I always DVR the dub and Kai to watch it later. I RARELY watch it live.
Penguin eating fish.

(o< <º))))><
//\
V/_

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:01 am

I'm not watching it now because it's just one episode a week and I don't have the patience to sit through the movie adaption episodes again.

However after the entire Zamasu arc is dubbed, I might go and marathon through it for curiosities sake and see how the dub handles it.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:09 pm

precita wrote:I'm not watching it now because it's just one episode a week and I don't have the patience to sit through the movie adaption episodes again.

However after the entire Zamasu arc is dubbed, I might go and marathon through it for curiosities sake and see how the dub handles it.
You should really look at them. They're great, it's worth checking out.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:11 pm

Yes I am, and I didn't like last week's episode. So inferior to the scene from the movie

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:01 pm

OLKv3 wrote:Yes I am, and I didn't like last week's episode. So inferior to the scene from the movie
Yeah and them re-using exact movie dialogue where possible just makes me wanna watch the movie and be done in 90mins. Aha.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:12 pm

No. My country didn't dubbed DBS yet, and i can't stand the american dub of db/dbz/dbs... It doesn't compare to the original, or to the mexican and brazilian ones.

I have seen americans doing great in many animes, but... Dragon Ball/z/super american dubs sucks [except Master Roshi] IMO.

I hope to see Brazil getting the original cast for DBS, like we did on BoG and RoF [but we didn't on Kai and it sucked]

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:54 pm

I wasn't until episode 20, but now I am, with 21 onwards. It's such a damn good dub.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.