Will we ever get to see Whis fight for real?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Will we ever get to see Whis fight for real?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri May 26, 2017 5:04 am

Or Vados, Daishinkan, or any of the other angels?

If Super ends without that happening I will be very disappointed.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Re: Will we ever get to see Whis fight for real?

Post by Generico Garbagio » Fri May 26, 2017 5:19 am

Who knows? Just imagine Whis and Vados fighting - with all the time rewinding and matter manipulation involved, that would be really confusing. Maybe it would end up not happening even if it did.

If you did read it please tell me how.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Fri May 26, 2017 5:20 am

Well I suggested that Mojito would be the next villain, his motives could be disappointment with Zeno and the Daishinkan for sticking him with such a shitty universe. Whis could go all out in trying to stop him :)

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri May 26, 2017 6:31 am

I hope we will, and when the time comes they better not fuck it up. Whis fighting at full power deserves awesome animation.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Fri May 26, 2017 6:36 am

Sadly, i think no. Actually, i doubt that we'll see even the hakaishins fight at full power.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 26, 2017 6:44 am

I actually kinda hope we don't. I really like that there's this incredibly strong dude (well, and now series of dudes and dudettes) literally just standing there to the side that could theoretically/seemingly put anything to a stop should they so desire. The mystery surrounding that is great. The series needs that constant air of mystique, as they just hang out on the sidelines with a smirk. Having Whis as a playable character in Xenoverse and Heroes always feels a little weird (acknowledging that, sure, we've seen him training Goku and Vegeta, and that's SORTA like fighting... but not really the same).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 26, 2017 8:39 am

No. And I share the same sentiments of VegettoEX as to why, not only do I think he won't fight for real, but he also shouldn't fight for real. Let the character retain his "almighty bystander" role. It's more suiting for how whimsical, nonchalant, indifferent, charismatic and neutral his character is. Some things in Dragon Ball are better left off as mysteries and Whis true strength should be one of those things.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri May 26, 2017 11:49 am

I don't see it happening for now. Vegetto SSB just reached the GoD level, but the non fused characters aren't there yet. The angels are in another league.

Maybe after the EoZ, but long after.
Last edited by Basako on Fri May 26, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heno heno kappa!

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Fri May 26, 2017 12:00 pm

I dunno what to say.

One part my says:"Let's do it I want Whis to show himself off!", but the other part says that this established ominverse(12 universes in total, maybe 18, but still) isn't enough to withstand such a pressure when we need only Beerus(or other hakaishins) to be capable destroying one universe of it.

Let Whis be the one he has always been: A guide detached from over there. :clap:
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

ichasedreams

Post by ichasedreams » Fri May 26, 2017 3:51 pm

I really want to see them all fight. Maybe if future zeno was to bring the future angels back (if timeline wasn't destroyed) to fight their past counter parts.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri May 26, 2017 3:55 pm

If we do, it better be his own style..
Super dosen't have a definite style for anyone anymore, they all just kinda mesh together..

Seeing whis fight in his own unique way will be worth it, but I am almost certain we will never see this happening, angel's being neutral is inserted for a reason..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri May 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:If we do, it better be his own style..
Super dosen't have a definite style for anyone anymore, they all just kinda mesh together..

Seeing whis fight in his own unique way will be worth it, but I am almost certain we will never see this happening, angel's being neutral is inserted for a reason..
To be fair, no one ever had a set in stone fighting style. Also, Whis is probably the most stylistic fighter in the history of the show if what we've seen from his training is indicative of anything.
Retired.

IKevinX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by IKevinX » Fri May 26, 2017 4:37 pm

Unless we get an arc that threatens Zeno himself, it's unlikely to see them fight.

So far Angels have been only "sidekicks", I hope that changes.
But we could see Whis grow albeit ever so slightly. His first ki attack was with the staff which he decided to use for fighting, only happened in this arc.
Playlist for my Deep Look series on DBS. Analysis Manga+Anime
Playlist for my Top 7 Best moments on DBS, per arc.

Awesome Goku Black Tribute
Goku SSJ4 vs Goku SSJ God

I don't know why Jpn loves the first Broly movies given then enormous amount of parodies, but I've come to love them aswell, hence the Paragus.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -You know who. (Not Voldemort)

Asura

Post by Asura » Fri May 26, 2017 9:02 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I really like that there's this incredibly strong dude (well, and now series of dudes and dudettes) literally just standing there to the side that could theoretically/seemingly put anything to a stop should they so desire. The mystery surrounding that is great.
It's also a great way to kill any and all tension. See RoF.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat May 27, 2017 4:35 am

Asura wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:I really like that there's this incredibly strong dude (well, and now series of dudes and dudettes) literally just standing there to the side that could theoretically/seemingly put anything to a stop should they so desire. The mystery surrounding that is great.
It's also a great way to kill any and all tension. See RoF.
Especially since Whis was willing to rewind time to remove the consequences of everything. This is exactly why I hate so many ridiculously overpowered characters just sitting around serving no point in existing most of the time.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat May 27, 2017 6:11 am

Generico Garbagio wrote:Who knows? Just imagine Whis and Vados fighting - with all the time rewinding and matter manipulation involved, that would be really confusing. Maybe it would end up not happening even if it did.
They cant spam time rewind tho. It has a long cooldown.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat May 27, 2017 2:03 pm

buutenks wrote:
Generico Garbagio wrote:Who knows? Just imagine Whis and Vados fighting - with all the time rewinding and matter manipulation involved, that would be really confusing. Maybe it would end up not happening even if it did.
They cant spam time rewind tho. It has a long cooldown.

They are way too OP and Hax to have in a fight. Training is about as much as they'd ever do.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sat May 27, 2017 2:06 pm

If he did fight it would need to be against someone of near equal caliber. In that case I doubt some of his moves would have an efftect. Kind of like how Goku was able to surpass the Time Skip.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat May 27, 2017 2:28 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:No. And I share the same sentiments of VegettoEX as to why, not only do I think he won't fight for real, but he also shouldn't fight for real. Let the character retain his "almighty bystander" role. It's more suiting for how whimsical, nonchalant, indifferent, charismatic and neutral his character is. Some things in Dragon Ball are better left off as mysteries and Whis true strength should be one of those things.
Anybody can be beat, limits can be surpassed, and there's always new heights. That's what should stay true in Dragon Ball.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat May 27, 2017 3:41 pm

I kinda hope not. Actually knowing Whis' full potential would rob him of some of his charm, I think.