[WIP] ToP Outcome: Strategy & Tactics

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

[WIP] ToP Outcome: Strategy & Tactics

Post by Pluto » Sat May 27, 2017 3:53 am

I know there are shit loads of ToP threads here, but none have addressed the possible tactics or overall strategy. I have been thinking about this one for weeks, and finally decided to punch it out.

I would like everyone to throw a prediction on approach, development and conclusion, very briefly and character dependent.
If possible, we should all use a template like output, and hopefully later on present a vivid explanation with the Arena too. (feel free to add whatever you think helps US).

As this is a "deathmatch" case (though without the death part), it leaves little predictions on how the Z Fighters will solve this one, this is also very UNCOMMON for DB.

Here is also a table of all the Universes and their Members (reddit is full of them):

Before we start

####
  1. What we know:
  • The Rules:
    • No Killing
    • No Flying over the arena
  • Goku will be the main target (Whis prediction, true to a point)
  • We should aim for the middle spot of the arena
    • ...but so will the opponents
  1. What we DONT know:
  • The actual size of the Arena (a nice pic for formation edits would be good).
    • and its functions, such as the spiral and totem/pole.
####

Recently, a reddit user hinted at what seemed very interesting. The user points out how there are always EVEN numbers between universes (especially from the erasure, 18 decreased to 12), meaning that the TWIN universes are a lot more tied together then we may think.
His argument was that, we may see a rule change on the last minute, saying that U6 and U7 should cooperate as a single team/unit. (hence why we havent seen and fight preview between them).

That makes the fight a bit more defined, it is not 10 vs 70, it is 20 vs 60. This, unfortunately, forces us to do two predictions/strategies for the ToP, one with U6 and one without.

####
  1. U7 Character Specialties
  • Goku
    • Instant Transmission - Useful to accommodate the middle, or any special location
  • Vegeta
    • Errm, resilience?
  • Krillin
    • Solar Flare - Obviously, very helpful for using as an element of surprise.
  • Roshi
    • The eye in the sky - should command distribution and overall live-strategy
    • Shield - very helpful defensive technique, especially to cover others
    • Errm, Krillin thirller?
    • Sharm?
  • Tien
    • Errm, enhanced vision (lately, on the clash Goku vs Gohan, his third eye could handle the extreme light, helpful if IT + Solar Flare need directions)
  • Piccolo
    • That Wall Blast pushy thing we saw lately - this one, combined with 17s shield, should cause havoc
  • Buu*
    • Healing - now this feature will be needed and missed...
[spoiler]
  • Freeza
    • Errm, Goku?
[/spoiler]

1. U6 Character Specialties (incomplete)
  • Hit
    • Time Leap - well...dont bother arguing with this one
    • Dimension Switch - Probably the only logical defense against Picollos Wall thing, let's just hope they're in the same team
    • both techniques may end up being pointless due to the Void
  • Botamo
    • Multi-dimension punching sack
  • Magetta
    • Making an OVEN
  • Frost
    • ...no needles though
  • Cabba
  • Caulifla
    • Hot
  • Kale
    • Very Hot
####

That said, let me throw in a cheesy fast-forward strategy without U6:

Supposing, the fighters most probably will rush to the arena as soon as the green light is given:
1. Goku, straight away IT's everybody in the middle (somewhere in the middle, there is a bloody pole there).
2. Goku IT's Krillin to the top of the pole, releasing a Solar Flare.
3. Piccolo starts charging the sphere wall pushy thingy (I'm loving this name) somewhere in the middle, 17 protects it, Roshi is nearby directing the others.
4. The Big Guns, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Freeza, make a first line of defense.
5. Tien, Krillin and 17 are supportive and aid to either confuse or take the attention away, so Piccolo can keep charging.
6. Piccolo hints at charge being nearly done, Goku IT''s everybody somewhere distant within regulations (or controllably/safely near Piccolo), Vegeta/Freeza/Gohan give Piccolo an extra charge on the wall. Wall is released, Goku IT's everybody IN, all opponents are out of ring.
7. Some opponents may have natural defense mechanisms, such as Hit's dimension switch, or Jiren's eyes may hint at something very sensitive so even the solar flare wouldnt be much of a problem for him.

Cheesy fast-forward strategy with U6:

1. SAME
2. SAME
3. Magetta heats the shit out of the oven.
4. Piccolo charges the sphere wall pushy thingy ( :lol: ), with big guns fueling in too, 17 shields.
5. The rest chills at Hit's dimension (if possible).
6. Piccolo is ready, Hit adds the rest to the dimension (except Piccolo).
7. Grand Priest is fumed...and sweaty.

And yea, some general predictions: U7 wins, most definitely, but such a win will leave a bitter taste in Gokus mouth, i know he wont feel comfortable ceasing 7 (or 6) other universes.
He either may ask Zeno to spare them, or at least transfer all the living creatures from all other universes, to ours, and i kinda love this as it would create a very political problem, cause mortals get to live on a different universe (it's possible, late episodes showed mortals raging to migrate to another universe), but the Godly hierarchical level must be ceased (Kaioshins, Hakaishins and Angels), and that would probably leave some characters unhappy (and new Arcs too, take that Zamasu Arc).

I, also predict this fight not to last very long, and if that is the case, then we may just see a strategy that puts an end to the fight pretty fast, leaving this arc as an opener of what is about to come, i mean, we have 4 more universes that are SUPER STRONG. I dont wanna die before i see them fight.

Any thoughts peeps?
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Re: [WIP] ToP Outcome: Strategy & Tactics

Post by Pluto » Mon May 29, 2017 3:49 am

Can't believe nobody is teased :evil:

Apparently, the Frieza/Frost voice, leaked this:

[spoiler]First Review: Nakao says that he just got done recording a Freeza and Frost convo. They're apparently scheming together soon.
Second Review: During questions [Nakao] mentioned a line he recorded for Frieza and Frost. He also mentioned unusual alliances coming up.[/spoiler]

Looks like we really may have team-ups between twin universes, or at least a Frost & Frieza merger may influence the tournament that way.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 29, 2017 8:54 am

Pluto wrote:Apparently, the Frieza/Frost voice, leaked this:

[spoiler]First Review: Nakao says that he just got done recording a Freeza and Frost convo. They're apparently scheming together soon.
Second Review: During questions [Nakao] mentioned a line he recorded for Frieza and Frost. He also mentioned unusual alliances coming up.[/spoiler]

Looks like we really may have team-ups between twin universes, or at least a Frost & Frieza merger may influence the tournament that way.
A Frost and Freeza team up? :o :shock:

SIGN. ME. UP. :clap: :clap: :clap:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon May 29, 2017 10:03 am

I believe U6 and U7 will team up for a while (unless there will really be a rule about twin universes being saved if they both win)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Mon May 29, 2017 10:13 am

A strategy is difficult to come up with, because we don't know the size of the arena. Is it just big enough to fit 80 people, or is it planetary? This is very important. Also, we don't know the other nooks and crannies or the arena.

In Naruto there are different types of strategists. You have Shikamaru who's a genius at planning things before a battle, and within a battle assuming he has the time and space to think. Then you have Naruto, who didn't always get credit for it, but was brilliant at thinking on the move and making split second decisions.

With the lack of knowledge on the arena and the opponents, the combatants are going to need to be more Naruto than Shikamaru. Honestly, there isn't too much for Universe 7 in particular to strategize, seeing as everybody fights pretty straight forward. Now if they had Majin Buu, they could do some interesting things. I feel a Majin Buu who's used to his full potential would be OP, which maybe played a part in him being removed. Universe 7 just needs to make their pairings and let instincts take over.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Mon May 29, 2017 12:23 pm

I'm pretty sure you can fly just not out of the ring.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Tue May 30, 2017 2:50 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Pluto wrote:Apparently, the Frieza/Frost voice, leaked this:

A Frost and Freeza team up? :o :shock:

SIGN. ME. UP. :clap: :clap: :clap:
schem·ing
ˈskēmiNG/Submit
adjective
given to or involved in making secret and underhanded plans.
"they had mean, scheming little minds"
Confirmed :angel: (lol, there you go, Google using Frieza and Frost as a reference to define/describe "scheming")
TysonWine wrote:A strategy is difficult to come up with, because we don't know the size of the arena. Is it just big enough to fit 80 people, or is it planetary? This is very important. Also, we don't know the other nooks and crannies or the arena.

In Naruto there are different types of strategists. You have Shikamaru who's a genius at planning things before a battle, and within a battle assuming he has the time and space to think. Then you have Naruto, who didn't always get credit for it, but was brilliant at thinking on the move and making split second decisions.

With the lack of knowledge on the arena and the opponents, the combatants are going to need to be more Naruto than Shikamaru. Honestly, there isn't too much for Universe 7 in particular to strategize, seeing as everybody fights pretty straight forward. Now if they had Majin Buu, they could do some interesting things. I feel a Majin Buu who's used to his full potential would be OP, which maybe played a part in him being removed. Universe 7 just needs to make their pairings and let instincts take over.
Agreeing for the arena, i analysed like 15 episodes, both endings and beginnings, just recently, did the Pole/Totem connect, so it is actually VERY LAYERED, and that must MEAN SOMETHING. From a few seconds of fights in the openings, one can see that the fights are in the arena, with only the Goku/Jiren fight disintegrating the ground. And i cant even find a decent one to just copy/paste the characters on it, having a visual insight of "OWNING" the arena may get quite a few peeps here to jump in predictions.

As i said, the whole tournament may end up being useless from our point of view, i still anchor to the idea that, if U7/U6 win, Goku's wish will be to re-accommodate the losing mortals to U6/U7. I have nothing against a happy (alla goku) ending, bur for the first time, TACTICS play a major role on their path.