[Manga] How I'd like the Goku Black Arc to end...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Misirius

[Manga] How I'd like the Goku Black Arc to end...

Post by Misirius » Sat May 27, 2017 2:35 pm

So basically, seeing how the manga has diverged in so many ways from the anime, and to me, in a good way, I thought I'd share with you guys how I'd like the manga to close this arc, which, to me, is the second best arc on Dragon Ball, right after the Cell Arc.

Chapter 25 begins with Zamasu overpowering Goku, who's fainting due to the effects of the Perfected SSB. Goku collapses and falls flat on the ground, not having any strength left. Vegeta engages on Zamasu and he, too, falls down right beside Goku. Zamasu closes in, makes a Ki Blade and swings his arm right in their direction, but, right before he stabs both our heroes to their death, he defuses.

Seeing this, Trunks engages on the battlefield, and, while still confused about what's going on, Goku Black tries to power up to SS Rosé, but fails. He feels exhausted. Gowasu suggests it's because, unlike Zamasu's body, his body isn't immortal, which means that after all that fight, he's completely exhausted.
Trunks, then, seeing the opportunity, engages in fury against Goku Black while Goku and Vegeta, with all the strength they have left, try to hold Future Zamasu off.

In a moment of pure Rage, Trunks powers up to SS2 and starts beating up Goku Black. Him, seeing that he's powerless, starts telling Trunks that all of this was his fault, much like he did in the anime, and finally, in a scream, Future Trunks stabs Goku Black in the heart... killing him.

He then turns to Zamasu, and starts beating him until Goku remembers about one thing: The Zeno button. He calls Zeno, and tells him everything that happened. Zeno then erases Zamasu from existence, while still going with Goku to the past, promised to have someone really nice waiting for him.

I don't know, this just feels Toyotarou's way of wrapping up things, and I would love to see something similar to this happen.
What do you guys think?

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: [Manga] How I'd like the Goku Black Arc to end...

Post by Basako » Sat May 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Yeah, I like it.

Before retuning to the past, they could also teletransport to New Namek and use the balls to resurrect all those killed by Black and Zamasu.
Heno heno kappa!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat May 27, 2017 4:09 pm

This would definitely be a good ending. Though I have a feeling Zamasu won't defuse in the manga for some reason, and that's why Zeno will be called.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sat May 27, 2017 4:50 pm

How id like it to end:

They make a massive genki dama, which Trunks absorbs and beats Merged Zamasu so bad he splits up, but then Turnks is to tired from all that power and feints, to which Goku uses the zeno button, zeno kills off Zamasu, along with FT timeline and comes back to the passed.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat May 27, 2017 6:51 pm

I like it as well but I'd have Trunks power up to Ssj3 before killing Black.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sat May 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Here's mine:

-Shin tells Goku he only needs to hold out for a few minutes longer.
-Goku lands a devastating blow. His body is being strained to its limit, but that should do it! As long as he can kill Black, Trunks should be able to hold off Zamasu.
-The smoke clears...merged Zamasu is still standing?
-What? Goku tries a couple of things to stall for more time...but they remain fused.
-What is happening? Through a conversation between Gowasu/Shin/Zamasu, they determine that Zamasu and Black must have become gods and they will not defuse!
-Zamasu laughs manically. He truly is the one god left standing; the power of the Kaioshin and Hakaishin in one body! Tasting victory, Zamasu starts pounding on Goku.
-Suddenly, Zamasu starts experiencing issues. The fusion is maintained, but something is wrong with his body! Goku ends up trading hits, but Zamasu isn't healing as effectively as before.
-Zamasu doesn't understand, and starts to get worked up. Goku speculates that because Black fused while in Rosé form, his life-force is being drained faster than his immortality can compensate for it. Here's where Goku got that idea.
-Things get real scrappy now. Vegeta, Trunks, and even Shin and Gowasu join the fight.
-Trunks slices Zamasu right down the middle (as a SS2, no Rage or 3), and he appears to be vanquished.
-Something weird happens where Zamasu is dead but not really.
-Zeno button.
-Trunks' world is destroyed.
-etc.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:02 am

Why wouldn't Zamasu just heal Goku Black? It only takes him a second to do so.
Also, Black doesn't need Rose or even SSJ to beat down Trunks, as shown in the beginning of this arc

Misirius

Post by Misirius » Sun May 28, 2017 6:39 am

OLKv3 wrote:Why wouldn't Zamasu just heal Goku Black? It only takes him a second to do so.
Also, Black doesn't need Rose or even SSJ to beat down Trunks, as shown in the beginning of this arc

In the heat of the moment, Goku and Vegeta hold off Zamasu, and Goku Black is exhausted, meaning he's unable to fight back.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun May 28, 2017 7:34 am

Misirius wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:Why wouldn't Zamasu just heal Goku Black? It only takes him a second to do so.

In the heat of the moment, Goku and Vegeta hold off Zamasu, and Goku Black is exhausted, meaning he's unable to fight back.
But both Goku and Vegeta are badly hurt, Vegeta only has enough ki to stand, and Goku would be totally beaten up and drained from his FPSSB. That's not enough to hold off Zamasu

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:11 am

I want Black and Zamasu to meet Zeno and then be erased.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 28, 2017 11:33 am

I'd prefer it if Merged Zamasu stay fused and for Zeno to be called and just erase him. It may seem a little anticlimactic but I would would find it wonderfully ironic for a God to erase a "God".

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun May 28, 2017 1:25 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'd prefer it if Merged Zamasu stay fused and for Zeno to be called and just erase him. It may seem a little anticlimactic but I would would find it wonderfully ironic for a God to erase a "God".
Yeah he better stay fused, because if they unfused that would be the biggest plot hole in DBS history, because it doesn't make any sense that a non kaioshin could access time ring yet they can't mantain the fusion longer because of the kaioshin rank but if they unfused they better have trunk kill black, that would be the icing in the cake imo
Mostly active on discord.

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abra kadabra » Sun May 28, 2017 2:35 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'd prefer it if Merged Zamasu stay fused and for Zeno to be called and just erase him. It may seem a little anticlimactic but I would would find it wonderfully ironic for a God to erase a "God".
He erased a god in the anime, your preference just sounds the most unsatisfying way that could happen. Trunks has to be the one to defeat him. Zeno can mop up any leftovers if there is anything left over