Frieza's interesting interactions during the ToP (and after)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Re: Frieza's interesting interactions during the ToP (and after)

Post by larzooma » Sun May 28, 2017 11:20 am

lancerman wrote:
larzooma wrote:
julianix wrote:If you think golden Freeza stands no chance against Goku then you clearly havent been paying attention..

In one episode Freeza can be on the same level as current Goku and there literally needs to be zero logic behind it.
Ugh I'm trying to give the writers some benefit of the doubt. You can make an argument for 17's gain, given we don't know how he's trained or how quickly androids gain power. You can say Goku's intention was to boost Krillin's confidence, and in now way did the episode indicate a comparison in power. Sure, even reaching his Golden form in 4 months was a bit of a stretch, but Frieza was always known as an anomaly in terms of power. I'm almost positive, he's unable to grow in power as part of his imprisonment in the cocoon, so giving him any sort of increase would really solidify the total lack of care of continuity or even remotely take power scaling into account when writing an episode. Plus, I think it's a good story for Frieza to emerge realizing how outclassed he is by the two people he hates most (and I've argued other places, some of the other Z fighters). This could be part of the reason he sticks around the group, and starts to understand the desire to train and gain power. Where that leads? I'm not sure.
I don't get this thinking. Freeza literally decided to train for a few months for the first time in his life a few arcs back and shot passed SSJ, the Androids, Cell, SSJ 2, SSJ3, Boo, Ultimate Gohan, and got to a level near SSJB. The last time Freeza was stuck in his cocoon he was in his machine body. If he spent any time at all just getting used to regulating his Golden Form he would be a lot stronger and that much more of a threat to SSJB.

There's really no reason why he would fear Goku and Vegeta being that much stronger. It took over 10 years for them to reach the level they are at and took him a couple months to almost close the gap. Imagine if he spent a year training or went in the ROSAT? He'd blow right past them.
True, Frieza has the greatest potential for increasing his power, but at the moment of his release, the two people he hates most in the universe have the ability to stomp him with little effort. Forget anyone else, just knowing they've grown so much, while he's stuck in his cocoon, is going to give him an aneurysm. Someone mentioned pointing it out in a humorous way, and I think that's the perfect way to go. He drops down, immediately goes Golden to attack Goku, and Goku takes him down easily causing Frieza to lose it. He could keep attacking, until he realizes forget it, now what do you want you dirty Saiyan. lmao perfect

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Sun May 28, 2017 11:36 am

larzooma wrote:
lancerman wrote:
larzooma wrote:
Ugh I'm trying to give the writers some benefit of the doubt. You can make an argument for 17's gain, given we don't know how he's trained or how quickly androids gain power. You can say Goku's intention was to boost Krillin's confidence, and in now way did the episode indicate a comparison in power. Sure, even reaching his Golden form in 4 months was a bit of a stretch, but Frieza was always known as an anomaly in terms of power. I'm almost positive, he's unable to grow in power as part of his imprisonment in the cocoon, so giving him any sort of increase would really solidify the total lack of care of continuity or even remotely take power scaling into account when writing an episode. Plus, I think it's a good story for Frieza to emerge realizing how outclassed he is by the two people he hates most (and I've argued other places, some of the other Z fighters). This could be part of the reason he sticks around the group, and starts to understand the desire to train and gain power. Where that leads? I'm not sure.
I don't get this thinking. Freeza literally decided to train for a few months for the first time in his life a few arcs back and shot passed SSJ, the Androids, Cell, SSJ 2, SSJ3, Boo, Ultimate Gohan, and got to a level near SSJB. The last time Freeza was stuck in his cocoon he was in his machine body. If he spent any time at all just getting used to regulating his Golden Form he would be a lot stronger and that much more of a threat to SSJB.

There's really no reason why he would fear Goku and Vegeta being that much stronger. It took over 10 years for them to reach the level they are at and took him a couple months to almost close the gap. Imagine if he spent a year training or went in the ROSAT? He'd blow right past them.
True, Frieza has the greatest potential for increasing his power, but at the moment of his release, the two people he hates most in the universe have the ability to stomp him with little effort. Forget anyone else, just knowing they've grown so much, while he's stuck in his cocoon, is going to give him an aneurysm. Someone mentioned pointing it out in a humorous way, and I think that's the perfect way to go. He drops down, immediately goes Golden to attack Goku, and Goku takes him down easily causing Frieza to lose it. He could keep attacking, until he realizes forget it, now what do you want you dirty Saiyan. lmao perfect
I really don't think it would bother him that much. He was well aware the Saiyans at least double or tripled whatever they were the last time they beat him and he trained a few months. There's really nothing they can do that he shouldn't be able to catch up to. A perfectly regulated Golden Freeza might even be enough to be on par with them (a perfectly regulated Super Saiyan Goku could go beat for beat with Perfect Cell).

CabbaxCaulifla

Post by CabbaxCaulifla » Mon May 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Chuquita wrote:Right now I'm really liking the idea of Freeza getting almost immediately ringed out, but done in a comedic way; maybe have him be half though some pompous speech and before he can finish he's tossed/knocked/pushed out.
Dunno, i want him to interact with Frost first.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 31, 2017 4:01 pm

larzooma wrote:
julianix wrote:If you think golden Freeza stands no chance against Goku then you clearly havent been paying attention..

In one episode Freeza can be on the same level as current Goku and there literally needs to be zero logic behind it.

Wait why couldnt he?

He could be image training, learning to keep his ki inside his body, a whole slew of things.

He may be in the cocoon but its never stated he cant manipulate energy within his body.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"