Gohan's Home Super and EOZ

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Potanical Pardon
Not-So-Newbie

Gohan's Home Super and EOZ

Post by Potanical Pardon » Sun May 28, 2017 5:30 am

So since we're approaching EOZ, I decided to rewatch those episodes and noticed Gohan and Videl moved back to the country living next door to Chi-Chi.
Do we think he leaves the mansion and city or that they're going to keep that change in Super?

Trunks visits them after the time jump after the Tournament of Power, I assume, and comments on how he hasn't seen Gohan and Goten in forever. I never liked this, especially with Goten and Trunks being BFF, but whatever.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: Gohan's Home Super and EOZ

Post by Basako » Sun May 28, 2017 6:04 am

Potanical Pardon wrote:So since we're approaching EOZ, I decided to rewatch those episodes and noticed Gohan and Videl moved back to the country living next door to Chi-Chi.
Do we think he leaves the mansion and city or that they're going to keep that change in Super?

Trunks visits them after the time jump after the Tournament of Power, I assume, and comments on how he hasn't seen Gohan and Goten in forever. I never liked this, especially with Goten and Trunks being BFF, but whatever.
Toyotaro confirmed Super will connect with the EoZ, so we have to assume they will move to the new house before that.
Heno heno kappa!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:01 pm

Yeah I like them in the smaller house next door to Goku too. I mean I get why they're in Satan City but that house is needlessly too big :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Basako wrote:
Potanical Pardon wrote:So since we're approaching EOZ, I decided to rewatch those episodes and noticed Gohan and Videl moved back to the country living next door to Chi-Chi.

Toyotaro confirmed Super will connect with the EoZ, so we have to assume they will move to the new house before that.
That doesn't mean it'll be the same. It'll end with Goku and Uub leaving but that doesn't mean it'll happen like it did in the original. for all we know they could have a party with Beerus and Whis after the tournament as a good bye to Goku before he leaves.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun May 28, 2017 5:38 pm

In the manga version of EoZ, Gohan and Videl don't appear until everyone's gathered at the tournament grounds and I don't recall anything suggesting they moved back to the mountain.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun May 28, 2017 5:45 pm

If Toei doesn't show us why Gohan moves, I will stop watching Super.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Mon May 29, 2017 2:58 am

sintzu wrote:
That doesn't mean it'll be the same. It'll end with Goku and Uub leaving but that doesn't mean it'll happen like it did in the original. for all we know they could have a party with Beerus and Whis after the tournament as a good bye to Goku before he leaves.
Well, I disagree with you then. I think it means that it will be the same.

Whis and Beerus's not being there could be explained with any excuse. They had god stuff to do or whatever.
Heno heno kappa!

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon May 29, 2017 5:58 pm

Basako wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Well, I disagree with you then. I think it means that it will be the same.

Whis and Beerus's not being there could be explained with any excuse. They had god stuff to do or whatever.
You can disagree bur youre both just guessing. It could mean it stays the exact same but it more likely means the general scenario stays the same.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue May 30, 2017 12:30 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
You can disagree bur youre both just guessing. It could mean it stays the exact same but it more likely means the general scenario stays the same.
Yeah, it's prediction zone, we are yet to see how it'll be.
Heno heno kappa!

sunkensheep

Post by sunkensheep » Tue May 30, 2017 1:06 pm

Potanical Pardon wrote:Trunks visits them after the time jump after the Tournament of Power, I assume, and comments on how he hasn't seen Gohan and Goten in forever. I never liked this, especially with Goten and Trunks being BFF, but whatever.
Bulma too says something like that to Goku, and that's weird now considering that from the current events in Super to that day it's just 3 years. Furthermore, Bulma will get very old in those 3 years.