Is the U6 SSJ form similar looking, but different than the U7 transformation?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Is the U6 SSJ form similar looking, but different than the U7 transformation?

Post by larzooma » Sun May 28, 2017 5:53 am

Given the difference in the nature of U7 and U6 Sayians, do you think the transformation, especially given how it's shown in 92, points to a similar looking change, but possibly providing a different multiplier? What if they gain a greater level of power, say 200 or 400 times their base, which I'm guessing I'm guessing they're base is much stronger than U7 Sayians given it was their only form prior to the tournament. I don't think we should underestimate how strong they're going to be in this tournament.

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Is the U6 SSJ form similar looking, but different than the U7 transformation?

Post by emperior » Sun May 28, 2017 8:07 am

Their SSJ form should be weaker as Vegeta and Cabba were on par in their base form though it was obvious Vegeta's SSJ form was superior to Cabba's. I thought it was due to Vegeta's mastery of the form though after this episode I believe U6 Saiyans SSJ is less than a 50x multiplier.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Is the U6 SSJ form similar looking, but different than the U7 transformation?

Post by buutenks » Sun May 28, 2017 8:48 am

emperior wrote:Their SSJ form should be weaker as Vegeta and Cabba were on par in their base form though it was obvious Vegeta's SSJ form was superior to Cabba's. I thought it was due to Vegeta's mastery of the form though after this episode I believe U6 Saiyans SSJ is less than a 50x multiplier.
Pretty sure Vegeta's ssj was stronger than Cabba's because Vegetas is a mastered ssj, so he can increase his power, while Cabba cannot.

As for multipliers, they are all over the place, in the buu saga is was less than 50, around 5-10 times, and Black Goku arc Zamasu says after Goku goes ssj2 that Goku's ki multiplied dozens of times. So its never a fixed multiplier.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Sun May 28, 2017 10:40 pm

emperior wrote:Their SSJ form should be weaker as Vegeta and Cabba were on par in their base form though it was obvious Vegeta's SSJ form was superior to Cabba's. I thought it was due to Vegeta's mastery of the form though after this episode I believe U6 Saiyans SSJ is less than a 50x multiplier.
Vegeta and Cabba were on par in their base form? I dont think so. Vegeta was more powerful than Cabba from the beginning and thus his SSJ form was also more powerful...

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sun May 28, 2017 11:48 pm

Vegeta was toying with Cabba the whole fight. I don't know why people think they're equal. I would say that Cabba is strong to be able to hang in there as long as he did. But Vegeta is so far ahead, maybe if they fought during the buu arc I'd have a different opinion.

Remember if SSJ is just a power up from your base it won't mean you can beat everybody. For example let's say Goku's base is 100 when he goes SSJ it means he is now 1200, while Cabba is 40 his SSJ would only go up to 480 using the same multiplier. They're both SSJ but they're not on equal footing. I also believe that there isn't a set power level needed to transform. If goku knew about the technique in the saiyan arc he probably could have became a SSJ too, albeit a much weaker one. This is the way I choose to look at this now that Super has ruined the power levels.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Mon May 29, 2017 1:50 am

MagmonKai wrote:Vegeta was toying with Cabba the whole fight. I don't know why people think they're equal. I would say that Cabba is strong to be able to hang in there as long as he did. But Vegeta is so far ahead, maybe if they fought during the buu arc I'd have a different opinion.

Remember if SSJ is just a power up from your base it won't mean you can beat everybody. For example let's say Goku's base is 100 when he goes SSJ it means he is now 1200, while Cabba is 40 his SSJ would only go up to 480 using the same multiplier. They're both SSJ but they're not on equal footing. I also believe that there isn't a set power level needed to transform. If goku knew about the technique in the saiyan arc he probably could have became a SSJ too, albeit a much weaker one. This is the way I choose to look at this now that Super has ruined the power levels.
I think there should be a set power level... Raditz and Nappa would be never be super saiyans for example. The minimum power level needed should be whatever Goten or Trunks were at when they became SSJ. Its just that Super has such an insane power creep that pretty much ever saiyan you meet would be able to go SSJ. If they met Raditz in Super he would be SSJ too.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Mon May 29, 2017 2:35 am

gofishus wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:Vegeta was toying with Cabba the whole fight. I don't know why people think they're equal. I would say that Cabba is strong to be able to hang in there as long as he did. But Vegeta is so far ahead, maybe if they fought during the buu arc I'd have a different opinion.

I think there should be a set power level... Raditz and Nappa would be never be super saiyans for example. The minimum power level needed should be whatever Goten or Trunks were at when they became SSJ. Its just that Super has such an insane power creep that pretty much ever saiyan you meet would be able to go SSJ. If they met Raditz in Super he would be SSJ too.
I agree with you, but like you said in Super that's clearly not the case. Any Saiyan seems to be capable of becoming "Super!"

Now another thing that got me was that Caulifla introduced Kale as her Saiyan underling...I wonder does that mean the group she was with wasn't all Saiyans?