Is..is everyone sensing god ki now?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Re: Is..is everyone sensing god ki now?

Post by batistabus » Sun May 28, 2017 6:23 pm

I actually believe that this is an inconsistency, but it doesn't bother me. Technically Vegeta was SSB when he made the explosion and the other shouldn't have been able to hear or feel it, but this is so minor. I think it's cool enough to see the other characters subtly notice Vegeta being a jerk.

That aside, while we know that normal ki users shouldn't be able to gauge the strength of someone with god ki, they have mentioned a feeling of "pressure" in past episodes. Maybe they just noticed the pressure from the explosion.

As far as the anime is concerned, I consider this minor enough to not warrant thinking too much about.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sun May 28, 2017 7:24 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:As much as Super's writing is really contrived, it was most likely the explosion or something, since that made a note of it the episode before.
Yeah, there are MUCH, much bigger issues with consistency and padding going on than them being able to sense an physical explosion caused by god ki, so this seems kind of a waste. Even though I'm pretty sure the writers have completely forgotten half of the stuff they've introduced (like ability to sense god ki/not sense it), there was a large explosion which would make noise and probably feel pressure in the air just from the explosion, even if it was god ki that caused it.

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Mon May 29, 2017 3:39 am

I love how you fanboys damage control the bad writing by stating well perhaps they've learned to sense the god ki... keep defending your average show :clap: :clap: :clap:

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon May 29, 2017 3:42 am

Shuby wrote:I love how you fanboys damage control the bad writing by stating well perhaps they've learned to sense the god ki... keep defending your average show :clap: :clap: :clap:
And that's what I was talking about in your last thread about listening. You sound like you've already made up your mind. Did you start this thread to get answers or did you already come up with an answer and just want it validated? Because if you're just going to treat everyone who doesn't see the things the way you do like idiots, then I don't know why you bother.
Last edited by Boo Machine on Mon May 29, 2017 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Mon May 29, 2017 3:43 am

Boo Machine wrote:
Shuby wrote:I love how you fanboys damage control the bad writing by stating well perhaps they've learned to sense the god ki... keep defending your average show :clap: :clap: :clap:
And that's what I was talking about in your last thread about listening. You sound like you've already made up your mind. Did you start this thread to get answers or did you already come up with an answer and just want it validated?
Aren't you doing the same, i get the feeling that you're easily offended when anyone says something bad about this show..

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Mon May 29, 2017 3:44 am

The Anti-leak/Pressure of the energy, is not felt, but the absence of it i think it's felt. They are not feeling Vegeta, they feel the immense pressure. Similarly to a black-hole, we cannot see it, but we can see its pull.

Trunks reaction to Vegeta's Blue is a great reference.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Mon May 29, 2017 3:46 am

Pluto wrote:The Anti-leak/Pressure of the energy, is not felt, but the absence of it i think it's felt. They are not feeling Vegeta, they feel the immense pressure. Similarly to a black-hole, we cannot see it, but we can see its pull.

Trunks sensing blue Vegeta and later Vegetto's strong energy makes no sense like his ass-pull transformation

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon May 29, 2017 3:49 am

Shuby wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
And that's what I was talking about in your last thread about listening. You sound like you've already made up your mind. Did you start this thread to get answers or did you already come up with an answer and just want it validated?
Aren't you doing the same, i get the feeling that you're easily offended when anyone says something bad about this show..
I don't know where you get the impression from. But Not at all. I don't start thread asking for anything. Anything I say is just is me drawing on what I know and see and explaining my points of view, and I've acknowledged when I'm wrong many times and even criticized the show when I felt it has done horrible things. I even did so in your last thread, you just chose to ignore it.

Unless you're under the impression that me responding is a sign of being offended, in which case, I'm unsure how I should talk to you. Why don't you give me some idea about how to do so, that way maybe we can actually have a civil discussion without either side resorting to a lower level of just attacking each other.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Mon May 29, 2017 3:53 am

Shuby wrote:
Pluto wrote:The Anti-leak/Pressure of the energy, is not felt, but the absence of it i think it's felt. They are not feeling Vegeta, they feel the immense pressure. Similarly to a black-hole, we cannot see it, but we can see its pull.

Trunks sensing blue Vegeta and later Vegetto's strong energy makes no sense like his ass-pull transformation
Don't confuse "felt" and "sense". I completely understand your point of view, he didn't sense neither of them, he felt the pressure around it, HE FELT THE ABSENCE.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon May 29, 2017 3:54 am

This is a perfect example for everyone of the opposite attitude we want here at Kanzenshuu. You all are more than welcome to express your own opinion on the forum, but please remember that you are expected to treat your fellow fans with respect while doing so. For members unable comply with such a simple request, perhaps another community is a better fit for you...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Mon May 29, 2017 4:00 am

But they didn't even sense God Ki...it was literally spelled out in the episode by Piccolo. It was the RoSaT being destroyed that caught their attention. Sensing God Ki had nothing to do with it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 29, 2017 8:48 am

I just figured they heard the ROSAT exploded and given they knew Vegeta was using it wasn't hard to decude what happened. They didn't sense Vegeta's energy as a SSJB. This honestly feels like a nothing complaint.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Mon May 29, 2017 9:37 am

He was in base right after the explosion, so maybe they sensed Vegeta base.

I liked Piccolo disliking how Vegeta explodes the temple, there's a bit of old Kami somewhere there.
Heno heno kappa!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon May 29, 2017 9:54 am

precita wrote:It's Super, you think they remember their own lore?
You mean the lore which says you can learn to sense a god?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Edit: There's a few more examples of this too.
When Golden Frieza fights SSB Goku, he says "From the amount of energy I feel, it looks like I am stronger." Then during the Universe 6 tournament, Hit can feel Goku's power level multiplying, and just recently Goku was able to feel Zamasu's ki and compare it to Goku Black. It just seems to be something you have to learn for different types of ki. Goku can sense god ki and mortal ki from Universes 6 and 7, but he doesn't feel anything from the Trio de Dangers even though they're clearly using some kind of ki.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 29, 2017 10:42 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I just figured they heard the ROSAT exploded and given they knew Vegeta was using it wasn't hard to decude what happened. They didn't sense Vegeta's energy as a SSJB. This honestly feels like a nothing complaint.
I think by this point, everyone just knows when Vegeta blows something up :D
Basako wrote:He was in base right after the explosion, so maybe they sensed Vegeta base.

I liked Piccolo disliking how Vegeta explodes the temple, there's a bit of old Kami somewhere there.
Piccolo: That fucker's touching my stuff! Popo better ban him...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon May 29, 2017 10:59 am

Kanassa wrote:I liked Piccolo disliking how Vegeta explodes the temple, there's a bit of old Kami somewhere there.
Does Piccolo still live at the Lookout, you think? He said he was going to at the end of the Cell Games.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 29, 2017 11:06 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I liked Piccolo disliking how Vegeta explodes the temple, there's a bit of old Kami somewhere there.
Does Piccolo still live at the Lookout, you think? He said he was going to at the end of the Cell Games.
Where else would he live? On a random rock in the wasteland?

Actually, he should get a loan off of Bulma or something and get a house...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon May 29, 2017 11:07 am

It really doesn't matter.