Would Zamasu have gone evil if he were in another universe?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Would Zamasu have gone evil if he were in another universe?

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon May 29, 2017 6:39 pm

This something thats been on my mind. Universe 10 is known as the Macho Universe, implying that its most universally defining trait is that its mortals value Physical Prowess over everything else.

For all his talk and the fact their are some clearly ok guys living in U10, I cannot help but feel Gowasu was doomed to failure when trying to help Zamasu. A universe that values physical might would never be able to impress Zamasu or change his mind. Universe's 11, 2, 3 and even 7 on the other hand might have been more helpful. Universe 11 would be the best option since it is effectively young Zamasu's dream universe while the other had good qualities that would have been more beneficial in convincing Zamasu that mortals are not all bad.

What do you guys thing?

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Would Zamasu have gone evil if he were in another universe?

Post by Boo Machine » Mon May 29, 2017 6:46 pm

He may have had a slightly better point of view if he was in one of those universes that are too good to be in the Universal Tournament. (I forget the numbers). But he probably still would have been a jerk. Just not a murderer. At least that's my guess. Myabe he is a lost cause because of his ego. MAAYBE universe 11 could have helped him a bit

But every other universe would probably turn him into what he ended up being anyway. They probably all have their own problems that put them on the chopping block. Universe 7 had Freeza and Majin buu rampaging. Not to mention the Saiyans who are basically slightly smarter Barbari with a bigger boner for violence. Though now that I think about it, it would be funny to see Zamasu overseeing Universe 2 and just being like "Nope. Not beautiful enough. Everyone must die".
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon May 29, 2017 9:02 pm

Possibly. Lets be honest...Gowasu was a terrible teacher. Its becoming more apparent how inept he is this arc in my opinion.

Not only was he probably a lousy teacher but he failed to recognize the seeds of discontent in his pupil for what they were and allowed them to germinate.

So the real question is could Zamasu have been prevented from tyrning evil by a better teacher.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 29, 2017 9:40 pm

A better teacher could've saved him, imo. That and a better network of friends and parental figures who could help him work through his negative tendencies and channel his skills into a positive outlet. Since Zamasu didn't start out as evil, I do think if he'd had a more attentive and wiser teacher he wouldn't have turned into a malevolent force.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 29, 2017 9:43 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Possibly. Lets be honest...Gowasu was a terrible teacher. Its becoming more apparent how inept he is this arc in my opinion.

Not only was he probably a lousy teacher but he failed to recognize the seeds of discontent in his pupil for what they were and allowed them to germinate.

So the real question is could Zamasu have been prevented from tyrning evil by a better teacher.
Gowasu's problem wasn't that he was bad at his job as a teacher, it's just that he wasn't the right teacher for someone like Zamasu. Gowasu is too relaxed, soft-hearted and trusting. He could see the seeds of discontent within Zamasu and knew full well Zamasu's ideas about Mortals but he trusted Zamasu too much (As well as probably not wanting to be harsh towards the boy) that he hoped the man would see the 'light' and make a change for the better the older he got. He's like that old man who tells the kids "Oh, you'll understand someday!''
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue May 30, 2017 12:34 am

Zamasu just needed to be humbled. He was stronger than all of the other Kaioshin. Even if someone was stronger than him, those people were still violent and irrational enough for Zamasu to think he was "better" than them.

His character is in great contrast with someone like Shin, who was the most incompetent Kaioshin in his universe but it's only because he was able to ask for others' help that his universe was saved from Majin Buu.

If Zamasu was in a different place or at a different time, he might just have turned out to be better. Dragon Ball has some really amazing characters with actual personalities, it's just that some people mistake simplicity for lack of depth.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:53 am

If Zamasu were to be an apprentice of the Kaioshins from the higher ranked universes or maybe even U11 (mainly because how fun and interesting the interactions between Pride Troopers and Zamasu with their high passions of justice), he probably would have a better opinion on mortals. I mean, U10 is pretty much a universe full of numbskulled macho dudes that only knows how to use their physical might. A better teacher/Kaioshin could've guided him into the right direction too. But jeez, the more I ponder about this thread, the more I kinda feel sorry and pity for Zamasu.
Last edited by Freeza9000 on Tue May 30, 2017 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 30, 2017 12:53 am

Kanassa wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Possibly. Lets be honest...Gowasu was a terrible teacher. Its becoming more apparent how inept he is this arc in my opinion.

Gowasu's problem wasn't that he was bad at his job as a teacher, it's just that he wasn't the right teacher for someone like Zamasu. Gowasu is too relaxed, soft-hearted and trusting. He could see the seeds of discontent within Zamasu and knew full well Zamasu's ideas about Mortals but he trusted Zamasu too much (As well as probably not wanting to be harsh towards the boy) that he hoped the man would see the 'light' and make a change for the better the older he got. He's like that old man who tells the kids "Oh, you'll understand someday!''
The guy is worried about his God Tube views instead of the destruction of his universe. Prior to this arc Id have agreed with this 100% but now its obvious to me why Zamasu thinks the Gods are a joke as well....
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Tue May 30, 2017 12:01 pm

Not so on-topic here but I'm very pleased with the fact rather than it be a typical "He's so strong and powerful, oooh he's defeated" type ordeal with Zamasu/Goku Black, he ended up expanding upon death due to being truly immortal, fusion or not. The fact they had to force Zen-oh into it to finish it off made me happy.
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue May 30, 2017 1:55 pm

Well, I think like others have posted, that Gowasu was at least in some part responsible for letting the atrocities that happened in U10/U7 take place because of his ineptness at recognizing and attending to Zamas' propensity to hate mortals. He should have better nurtured him, and maybe even disqualified him from becoming the apprentice all together. I have a hard to seeing the other Kaioshin from the higher Mortal realms allowing such a character as Zamas in their midst. It is also possible that Zamas would have gone evil eventually if he witnessed the ToP, and saw the power of Goku et al rival the Gods which would have undoubtedly set him on his path to destroy them.

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Tue May 30, 2017 2:32 pm

DrakenballP wrote:Not so on-topic here but I'm very pleased with the fact rather than it be a typical "He's so strong and powerful, oooh he's defeated" type ordeal with Zamasu/Goku Black, he ended up expanding upon death due to being truly immortal, fusion or not. The fact they had to force Zen-oh into it to finish it off made me happy.
EXACTLY. And it's nice to see a topic like this one, it's nice to be able to discuss what made Zamasu the villain he was and how it could've been different. Zamasu and Black remain some of my favourite Dragon Ball villains, I would even probably say they are at number one because they were more interesting than Freeza, Cell and Buu combined.

Would he have been evil in the Robots universe or would he just hate technology? :wink:

If you did read it please tell me how.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Generico Garbagio wrote:
Would he have been evil in the Robots universe or would he just hate technology? :wink:
"I have come here to wash the universe clean of the dirt that smudges it's divine beauty!"

"What, mortals?"

"No... WASHING MACHINES!"

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Tue May 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Generico Garbagio wrote:
"I have come here to wash the universe clean of the dirt that smudges it's divine beauty!"

"What, mortals?"

"No... WASHING MACHINES!"
That also doubles as the reason why Bulma's flirting didn't work on him.

[/sexistjokefromthe60s]

If you did read it please tell me how.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 30, 2017 2:49 pm

Generico Garbagio wrote:
That also doubles as the reason why Bulma's flirting didn't work on him.

[/sexistjokefromthe60s]
Yeah, he especially hates ovens. To him, all they do is over cook your food because always forgets the damn timer!

Kanassa wrote: