"A Mortal that even a God can't defeat"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Re: "A Mortal that even a God can't defeat"

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:18 pm

It does raise some questions like how Zamasu/Black were able to kill that many mortals without encountering said mortal whose power surpasses a Hakaishin that's stronger than the likes of Beerus. The only logical explanation is the out of universe one, where the plot had yet to progress to that point.

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:49 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:Image

Could it perhaps be this guy? Or a Db version of this guy?

His name is Saitama, aka the One Punch Man. He has no limit to his speed and strength.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU RUINED MY NEW THREAD!!!!!!!!

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:50 pm

If is Jiren, is bad writing.

When Whis talked about that mortal stronger than an Hakaishin, Beerus doesn't seemed worried at all...actually, he doesn't given a fuck .-. Beerus was shocked after knowing that Goku was fighting universe 11's second best and now he doesn't care if someone stronger than him fight in the tournament? ok.

If is Jiren, then he can solo every other mortal almost alone.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:15 pm

I'm not sure it will be Jiren, it can be someone from Frieza's race or maybe some Majin Buu from another universe.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:31 pm

Universe 1 and 12 are the highest rank universes. I would imagine that he or she would probably exist in U1 or U12. U5 or U8 is also possible since they are not fighting in the Tournament.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:38 pm

He probably meant something like: "I dont specificslly know, but i know one universe in general has a mortal their G.O.D cant defeat, so the tournament may be challenging and surprising.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:54 pm

Why are people jumping the gun and saying it's Jiren? Nothing has implied about this strength to come to that conclusion.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:58 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:He probably meant something like: "I dont specificslly know, but i know one universe in general has a mortal their G.O.D cant defeat, so the tournament may be challenging and surprising.
That's how I interpreted it. Someone stronger than their universe's destruction god, but not as strong as the two Omni Kings.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Whis said that the hakaishin the mortal is stronger than, is stronger than Beerus. Beerus then said that the Hakaishin only beat him in an arm wrestle. Unless Beerus goes around losing to every hakaishin in an arm wrestle wrestles then Whis/Beerus definitely knows what universe/hakaishin they're talking about.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:14 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:It does raise some questions like how Zamasu/Black were able to kill that many mortals without encountering said mortal whose power surpasses a Hakaishin that's stronger than the likes of Beerus. The only logical explanation is the out of universe one, where the plot had yet to progress to that point.
They borrowed sorbets ring, or maybe time ring has a feature we don't know about
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:20 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:His name is Saitama, aka the One Punch Man. He has no limit to his speed and strength.
The only one with no limits is Superman. :twisted:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:07 pm

I think Whis was speaking in general terms. He wasn't speaking in relation to all the guys in the tournament. The big question I have to ask is, what if he's just making shit up? Beerus didn't exactly like Whis implying someone was stronger than him. I'm inclined to believe Beerus is in the top 5 strongest GoD. Since they can't fight outright without destroying the universe it's settled via an arm wrestling match. But winning an arm wrestling match doesn't mean you could beat that person in all out fight. I am taking Whis' comment with a grain of salt until we hear more of these stories. I sure as hell don't think it's Jiren. At this point in the story it's highly illogical to assume that Jiren is stronger than Beerus when our main cast hasn't even reached that point.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:08 pm

sintzu wrote:
DragonBallFoodie wrote:His name is Saitama, aka the One Punch Man. He has no limit to his speed and strength.
The only one with no limits is Superman. :twisted:
Which is why in every Superman Vs. Saitama video I see, 'ol blue tights gets his ass handed to him by a caped baldy. (I'll give all 7 Dragon Balls to anyone who gets that.)

Actually, this fact alone could prove a point. The "Hakai" technique may not be all powerful as is thought by some.

Also, we already know that not every Hakaishin is equal in power. Vados said as much when Goku asked about Champa. So that fact isn't news.

I find all these new facts rather interesting. I never thought Beerus was the strongest. I thought it was POSSIBLE, but not a guarantee.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:16 pm

They keep focusing on how strategy and clever maneuvers are more important than raw power in the tournament, so maybe this fighter is in the tournament but gets defeated by Krillin and Tenshinhan using 100x Taiyoken and ring out combo attack or something.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:23 pm

cheddarsword wrote:Which is why in every Superman Vs. Saitama video I see, 'ol blue tights gets his ass handed to him by a caped baldy.
Fanboy videos don't count.

The only one who can beat 'ol blue tights is 'ol Black tights with the pointy ears.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:30 pm

sintzu wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:Which is why in every Superman Vs. Saitama video I see, 'ol blue tights gets his ass handed to him by a caped baldy.

The only one who can beat 'ol blue tights is 'ol Black tights with the pointy ears.
Seem to recall Darkseid beating him senseless once...

Also, the Joker beat him too if you think about how the Joker looks at victory.

Besides, the only way Detective Darkstalker would win is with Vitamin K anyway, so with that in mind, anybody could do it. Hell even Hercule could win then.

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:58 pm

If it is Jiren, I think that's why you only have to knock your opponents out of bounds to win, so Goku won't exactly need to get stronger than Beerus to beat him.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:16 pm

cheddarsword wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Seem to recall Darkseid beating him senseless once...

Also, the Joker beat him too if you think about how the Joker looks at victory.

Besides, the only way Detective Darkstalker would win is with Vitamin K anyway, so with that in mind, anybody could do it. Hell even Hercule could win then.
Please, we all know that Segata Sanshiro is the strongest and most unbeatable character ever[/probablyfutileattempttoendthispointlessargument]
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Potara_Vegetto

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Grimlock wrote:I agree with DrakenballP. For some reason, I think the ones Whis are referring aren't even participating in the tournament. But if they are, then I expect someone else than Jiren and Universe 11's God of Destruction.
lol

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:43 pm

"lol" indeed, this is Dragon Ball after all, the obvious is obviously the right one. Can't expect too much of it. :roll:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~