So why didn't Golden Frieza just murder Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: So why didn't Golden Frieza just murder Goku?

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:25 pm

TBMx wrote: Why Frieza would assume that level of evil in Goku I don't know.
Because Frieza does understand how Goku works. Goku even notes how Frieza instantly knew how tempting the prospect of Frieza getting more powerful would be for Goku.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:26 pm

TBMx wrote:
DrakenballP wrote:
Goku even called Frieza out on wanting to be revived and told him the Dragon Balls will allow for it, if he gets them.
Goku said it would take some time for him to gather the dragonballs. If Goku actually goes through with reviving Frieza, than as a protagonist he's done. He becomes as evil as Frieza. Why Frieza would assume that level of evil in Goku I don't know.
Would he though? Frieza had conditions in order to join the Tournament. Frieza was a last-second contender. By this logic, reviving Frieza temporarily at all is making Goku a monster, as Frieza could take that 24h to betray and kill innocent people, which I expect him to do.

Goku is known for keeping his word, and I think meeting the conditions for Frieza is what he'd end up doing. Bringing Frieza back is a lesser evil in comparison to having your entire Universe destroyed :-/
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:06 pm

DrakenballP wrote:
TBMx wrote:
DrakenballP wrote:
Goku even called Frieza out on wanting to be revived and told him the Dragon Balls will allow for it, if he gets them.
Goku said it would take some time for him to gather the dragonballs. If Goku actually goes through with reviving Frieza, than as a protagonist he's done. He becomes as evil as Frieza. Why Frieza would assume that level of evil in Goku I don't know.
Would he though? Frieza had conditions in order to join the Tournament. Frieza was a last-second contender. By this logic, reviving Frieza temporarily at all is making Goku a monster, as Frieza could take that 24h to betray and kill innocent people, which I expect him to do.

Goku is known for keeping his word, and I think meeting the conditions for Frieza is what he'd end up doing. Bringing Frieza back is a lesser evil in comparison to having your entire Universe destroyed :-/
Yeah, even if Freeza were to completely betray Goku's word and just kill everybody he can, that accomplishes nothing. If Universe 7 can't prepare their team, they're screwed. If Zen'oh finds out some dead douche killed someone he really wanted to see fight other people, they're screwed.

Freeza may be irrational when he's backed into a corner, but he's not an idiot, and neither is Goku. Both know they need each other for this specific moment, so they put aside their hatred for each other for the time being to accomplish something that will hopefully benefit both parties.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:59 am

TBMx wrote:
DrakenballP wrote:
Like Whis said, the prospect of the universe being erased vs having Freeza out there in the universe is a bit of a no brainer. There are now 3 sets of Dragon Balls (Earth, Namek, Super) that can be utilized to undo any damage Freeza may or may not do. Goku also has access to several high level "god like" characters who can keep tabs on Freeza. Freeza is very likely the third strongest fighter (maybe 4th if you give Ultimate Gohan a lot of leeway) on the team assuming he didn't get any stronger. He's also dramatically stronger than the back half of the team. That makes him incredibly valuable.

Bringing back Freeza doesn't make Goku evil. It makes him honest and it's actually one of the smartest cost/benefit decisions he's ever made in all of DragonBall.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:00 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
TBMx wrote:Goku goes Blue when confronting Krillin.
He goes Blue when confronting Android 17.
He doesn't go Blue when confronting Golden Frieza.

Why doesn't he go blue when confronting Golden Frieza, someone with a known history of taking cheap shots?
Because, DB super writers are incompetents.
Maybe the "incompetent" ones or (to be less blunt) the people not getting understanding context are people such as yourself.

It's pretty ridiculous why people actually think this is actually an issue. Considering how much Goku knows Freeza after his experience with fighting him twice and how much Goku is aware of Freeza's underhanded tactics, he would go Blue the moment Freeza tries something funny behind his back. He doesn't need to tap into it 24/7 whenever confronting the likes of Freeza. Goku's also shown improving on his flaw of letting his guard down as shown when he blocked Base Gohan's aura powered fists after surviving Piccolo's explosive wave.

And why would Golden Freeza think to murder Goku at this time, especially when he needs him as a way to be fully brought back to life?

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:17 am

Shinda Forever wrote:

Why doesn't he go blue when confronting Golden Frieza, someone with a known history of taking cheap shots?
Don't see how they were incompetent here. Goku was clearly on guard here.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:25 am

Freeza is evil, not stupid. He wouldn't knowingly diminish the chances of his universe winning, ergo his continued existence.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:56 am

Freeza9000 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

Maybe the "incompetent" ones or (to be less blunt) the people not getting understanding context are people such as yourself.

It's pretty ridiculous why people actually think this is actually an issue. Considering how much Goku knows Freeza after his experience with fighting him twice and how much Goku is aware of Freeza's underhanded tactics, he would go Blue the moment Freeza tries something funny behind his back. He doesn't need to tap into it 24/7 whenever confronting the likes of Freeza. Goku's also shown improving on his flaw of letting his guard down as shown when he blocked Base Gohan's aura powered fists after surviving Piccolo's explosive wave.

And why would Golden Freeza think to murder Goku at this time, especially when he needs him as a way to be fully brought back to life?
Maybe you have some comprehension disorder problem, the major point is that Goku didn't need to go ssj blue against someone like Kuririn. About the rest you said i agree with you.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:58 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

Maybe you have some comprehension disorder problem, the major point is that Goku didn't need to go ssj blue against someone like Kuririn. About the rest you said i agree with you.
You have some nerve and guts to be the one saying that to other people when you are the one not understanding context. Goku going SSJB against Krillin wasn't even the major or main point the OP was trying to make, rather he was complaining about why Goku didn't go SSJB whenever Freeza goes Golden.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:16 am

Freeza9000 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote: Maybe the "incompetent" ones or (to be less blunt) the people not getting understanding context are people such as yourself.

You have some nerve and guts to be the one saying that to other people when you are the one not understanding context. Goku going SSJB against Krillin wasn't even the major or main point the OP was trying to make, rather he was complaining about why Goku didn't go SSJB whenever Freeza goes Golden.
Yeah i know that but, i was referring to myself. I understood the context very well thank you.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:32 am

Shinda Forever wrote:Maybe you have some comprehension disorder problem
Freeza9000 wrote:You have some nerve and guts to be the one saying that to other people when you are the one not understanding context.
This is not OK, and is not representative of the conversations that should be taking place on Kanzenshuu's forum. Please review the forum rules, which you agreed to (twice) prior to registration.

It seems an administrative warning was already given on the first page of this thread. No more freebies will be issued; account strikes come next, which add up to temporary/permanent bans. These bans revoke access to the entirety of the Kanzenshuu website, so please take a step back to reevaluate what it is you're looking to get out of your time here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::