So why didn't Golden Frieza just murder Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

So why didn't Golden Frieza just murder Goku?

Post by TBMx » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:03 am

Goku goes Blue when confronting Krillin.
He goes Blue when confronting Android 17.
He doesn't go Blue when confronting Golden Frieza.

Why doesn't he go blue when confronting Golden Frieza, someone with a known history of taking cheap shots?

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Re: So why didn't Golden Frieza just murder Goku?

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:46 am

TBMx wrote:Goku goes Blue when confronting Krillin.

Why doesn't he go blue when confronting Golden Frieza, someone with a known history of taking cheap shots?
Because, DB super writers are incompetents.

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:52 am

I think it's simply because Frieza didn't want to murder his opportunity for a way out of hell.

If anything... Better to wait a little.

If you did read it please tell me how.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:00 pm

Just beacause Freeza knew that Goku is at least on par with him or even stronger. Do you really think that Goku couldn't kill Freeza by now?
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Why would he? Even if he wanted to, Goku was on guard. It doesn't matter if he wasn't transformed. He can transform if and when he needs to.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:07 pm

Because Freeza is a total non-threat. That was the case in Resurrection F and it most certainly in the case now that Goku has gotten a lot stronger. And that's not even taking into consideration the fact that Freeza is in a situation where if he dies again he'll cease to exist.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:24 pm

Maybe Frieza did not have a way to exit Hell. And Goku probably knew Frieza thought anything was better than the torture he received there.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:25 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:

Because, DB super writers are incompetents.
If he couldn't exit Hell on his own how would that be incompetent writing?

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:28 pm

Well, lets assume Goku was off guard when Freeza powered up. (He wasn't. He clearly brought his guard up and took a fighting stance just in case and Goku has been shown to pop into Blue in a second so time isn't a factor.)

What would that accomplish for Freeza? Freeza was just informed that he has a shot to come back to life. He kills Goku and that goes out the window. He would get his revenge but then what? He stays in hell. At best. As dumb and obsessive with revenge as Freeza is, I think he rather enjoys living. Why would he throw away this chance, when, like he said, he could just get stronger and try again later. Freeza can be stupid, but he isn't mindless.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:48 pm

Why would Frieza miss out an opportunity to come back to the real world and potentially grab the Dragon Balls so that he can be revived?
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:15 pm

Low Tone G wrote:

Just beacause Freeza knew that Goku is at least on par with him or even stronger. Do you really think that Goku couldn't kill Freeza by now?
Golden Frieza is stronger and faster than base Goku, so could murder him in an instant if he wanted.

And what, Frieza just assumes Goku is telling the truth about allowing him to be revived permanently? When such a promise sounds utterly ludicrous on it's face.

And Goku just assumes Frieza would want to hear him out and not kill him right there?

Yeah better to save SSB for the real heavy hitters! Like Krillin!

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:29 pm

TBMx wrote:
Low Tone G wrote:

Golden Frieza is stronger and faster than base Goku, so could murder him in an instant if he wanted.

And what, Frieza just assumes Goku is telling the truth about allowing him to be revived permanently? When such a promise sounds utterly ludicrous on it's face.

And Goku just assumes Frieza would want to hear him out and not kill him right there?

Goku even called Frieza out on wanting to be revived and told him the Dragon Balls will allow for it, if he gets them.
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:29 pm

TBMx wrote:
Low Tone G wrote:

Goku is capable of Transforming in an instant. If he felt he had to transform, he would have. Unless you believe Goku to be so inexperienced a fighter that he wouldn't be capable of knowing when he is in danger.

Goku hasn't lied to Freeza before. He knows this. Why wouldn't he believe Goku? Why would Freeza throw away that chance when he has been shown to hate his Hell more than anything? And Goku wasn't even the one who promised him to be revived permanently at first. That was a condition Freeza had. If Freeza didn't think it would work then why would he suggest it?

Freeza has had no trouble holding a conversation with Goku before. The two have stopped an talked in the middle of a fight plenty of times. Freeza likes to banter and fuck around. It's pretty much what gets him killed in the first place.

Is that what this is about? You don't like that he didn't turn blue for Freeza but he did for Krillin?
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:47 pm

DrakenballP wrote:
TBMx wrote:
Low Tone G wrote: Just beacause Freeza knew that Goku is at least on par with him or even stronger. Do you really think that Goku couldn't kill Freeza by now?

Goku even called Frieza out on wanting to be revived and told him the Dragon Balls will allow for it, if he gets them.
Yup, pretty much no reason for a fight to happen here. :wink:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:51 pm

This goes for a few folks, but specifically pointing out here:
Shinda Forever wrote:Because, DB super writers are incompetents.
Please try to add something more substantial to your posts. If a single sentence is all you have to post, you may not really have a post worth making.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:30 pm

Goku would sense a sudden spike of energy of Freezer's power and his intention of fighting, so if Freezer tried to attack it he would transform immediately. Obviously Freezer had no intention to fight there as it would have been pointless.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Option 1: Kill the Monkey - Outcome: He's dead and I'm still stuck in hell.

Option 2: I help the Monkey - Outcome: fight in a tournament (which we'll win because I'm there), I get resurrected, I train and grow stronger and come back with enough power to crush the saiyan scum once and for all.

Yeah.....I'd pick option 2 as well.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:23 pm

1.) Goku likely has his guard up.
2.) While Freeza did transform into his Golden form, this was likely just for cinematic effect. We don't know if Freeza is able to fully employ his abilities in Earth's hell.
3.) Goku is Freeza's way out of hell. Even if he could kill Goku, his friends could just wish him back, and Freeza would still be stuck listening to teddy bears sing every day.
4.) Goku is seemingly significantly stronger than he was when he originally fought Golden Freeza.

Envy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Envy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:26 pm

As others have said, Freeza would have been irrational to try to fight Goku there. Goku was giving him a ticket out of Hell. While Freeza can turn really irrational when thrown into a corner, I think he's a bit more rational than to try to take out Goku right there, only for him to stay in Hell. Now.. Freeza trying to kill Goku once he's out of Hell - if he doesn't do that, something is wrong!

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:19 pm

DrakenballP wrote:
Goku said it would take some time for him to gather the dragonballs. If Goku actually goes through with reviving Frieza, than as a protagonist he's done. He becomes as evil as Frieza. Why Frieza would assume that level of evil in Goku I don't know.