We need 3 more episodes before the actual tournament

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

We need 3 more episodes before the actual tournament

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:02 pm

Exactly what the topic says. I believe we need an episode focused on all 12 Kais, another one focussed on all the GoDs, and one last one focused on the angles. That way, we could get a better view at all their personalities and finally get the Beerus and (our) Supreme Kai interactions with the other gods we should of got in episode 85.

What do you all think?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

superfan2024
Regular

Re: We need 3 more episodes before the actual tournament

Post by superfan2024 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:30 pm

Well uh, [spoiler]the tournament actually starts on episode 97, so I don't really see this happening.[/spoiler]

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:15 pm

No, I think I've seen enough bullshit padding episodes. Give me the meat and potatoes of this arc!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:00 pm

I don't see the point at this stage. We'll see all the Hakaishin and Kaioshin at the tournament itself and they've already crammed in more than enough content before starting the actual damn tournament.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:01 pm

The assembling stage has already lasted longer than it really had to story wise and should've already been done with at this point.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:16 pm

No we don't,I'm sick of the padding,they need to start the damn tournament right now,is driving me crazy
Mostly active on discord.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:24 pm

They could've focused more on other universes, instead they preferred showing us the same characters. Now there's no time.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:30 pm

MagmonKai wrote:No, I think I've seen enough bullshit padding episodes. Give me the meat and potatoes of this arc!
Just let toie place this millionth piece of seasoning and some more before going there
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:58 pm

I'm of the opinion we will learn about them as the tournament progresses.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:48 am

I wouldn't mind 3 more episodes, BUT they'd have to be at the level of the past 4 or so episodes we just had. The padding episodes were fun in the very beginning, then started treading into really shitty waters with 17 and Roshi/Tien episodes. However, from the Gohan episodes onward they've mostly been really good and entertaining, with the last episode we had (in my opinion) the best episode of Super. I hope this level of quality continues into the tournament.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:00 am

Zamasu55 wrote:They could've focused more on other universes, instead they preferred showing us the same characters. Now there's no time.
Exactly.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:24 am

Asura wrote:I wouldn't mind 3 more episodes, BUT they'd have to be at the level of the past 4 or so episodes we just had. The padding episodes were fun in the very beginning, then started treading into really shitty waters with 17 and Roshi/Tien episodes. However, from the Gohan episodes onward they've mostly been really good and entertaining, with the last episode we had (in my opinion) the best episode of Super. I hope this level of quality continues into the tournament.
Episode 86 was amazing and it got rave reviews from everyone i don't know what you're talking about.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:12 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
Asura wrote:I wouldn't mind 3 more episodes, BUT they'd have to be at the level of the past 4 or so episodes we just had. The padding episodes were fun in the very beginning, then started treading into really shitty waters with 17 and Roshi/Tien episodes. However, from the Gohan episodes onward they've mostly been really good and entertaining, with the last episode we had (in my opinion) the best episode of Super. I hope this level of quality continues into the tournament.
Episode 86 was amazing and it got rave reviews from everyone i don't know what you're talking about.
I think he's referring to the Android 17 episode with the poachers. Which was really unnecessary. And Roshi/Tien might have well have not happened. Because it did not sell me on Roshi or Tien being in the tournament. All the other episodes have been fine.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:30 am

I offer that the arc should have ended thirteen episodes ago, if not more. This story arc has been a travesty of pacing and proper narrative structure.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:55 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:They could've focused more on other universes, instead they preferred showing us the same characters. Now there's no time.
Very well said! Hitto and Frost deserved a violent training session together and we haven't seen anything about the great Jiren yet.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Very well said! Hitto and Frost deserved a violent training session together and we haven't seen anything about the great Jiren yet.
Is just suck,we haven't seen nothing about jiren, you know Goku rival, Instead they focused on a broly clone
Mostly active on discord.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:12 pm

The gr wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Is just suck,we haven't seen nothing about jiren, you know Goku rival, Instead they focused on a broly clone
It was sad to watch again how Saiyajins transform and indeed those 3 saiyajins from U6 suck big time specially the female Broly clone. Definitely, i really was looking forward to see Jiren's planet and his people, but, instead we saw that cyborg saving a cat. WTF?

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
I think he's referring to the Android 17 episode with the poachers. Which was really unnecessary. And Roshi/Tien might have well have not happened. Because it did not sell me on Roshi or Tien being in the tournament. All the other episodes have been fine.
Correct. I thought the first 17 episode was good, although not amazing as everyone made it out to be. The poacher episode was god awful though, and that continued with the Roshi/Tien episode.

I don't really understand the people who think the tournament should have started months ago. I love this pacing (when done right) as it reminds me of Z, although not quite as slow as Z. It really sucks having to wait every week for an episode to come out that might just be a padding episode, but think of how it's eventually intended to be watched, which would be all at once. I hate when things are so rushed that we don't really get much time to fully take everything in. Look at the U6 arc for example. It lasted a whopping 14 episodes, and moved way too fast. It took ONE episode to recruit everyone. Everything felt very rushed and if you watch that entire arc all at once now instead of every week (where it feels longer) you'll probably say "Wow, is that it?"

Padding is a great thing, it helps flesh everything out.
The gr wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Why is that a bad thing? The fact that we've only been told about how insanely strong this person is and have not even seen him (aside from that one really quick clip of him meditating in darkness) just makes you more excited when he's finally revealed in the tournament. I'm very glad they've decided to go this route.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Asura wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: Episode 86 was amazing and it got rave reviews from everyone i don't know what you're talking about.
Correct. I thought the first 17 episode was good, although not amazing as everyone made it out to be. The poacher episode was god awful though, and that continued with the Roshi/Tien episode.

I don't really understand the people who think the tournament should have started months ago. I love this pacing (when done right) as it reminds me of Z, although not quite as slow as Z. It really sucks having to wait every week for an episode to come out that might just be a padding episode, but think of how it's eventually intended to be watched, which would be all at once. I hate when things are so rushed that we don't really get much time to fully take everything in. Look at the U6 arc for example. It lasted a whopping 14 episodes, and moved way too fast. It took ONE episode to recruit everyone. Everything felt very rushed and if you watch that entire arc all at once now instead of every week (where it feels longer) you'll probably say "Wow, is that it?"

Padding is a great thing, it helps flesh everything out.
The gr wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: Very well said! Hitto and Frost deserved a violent training session together and we haven't seen anything about the great Jiren yet.
Why is that a bad thing? The fact that we've only been told about how insanely strong this person is and have not even seen him (aside from that one really quick clip of him meditating in darkness) just makes you more excited when he's finally revealed in the tournament. I'm very glad they've decided to go this route.
It it takes too long the excitement is gone, you lose the momentum, don't you think? Besides, do you think it is fair to show again how saiyajins transform
while characters like Hitto and Frost got 30 seconds? Why couldn't they show us Hitto and Frost training with Vados? Don't you think it would be more interesting? I mean they could build a rivalry between them like Goku vs Frieza in Universe 7.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:15 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
The episode with the poachers didn't have the best story line but it's far from unnecerssary it made 17 and Goku bond and have a great interaction which i loved.