Master Roshi Targeted in BPO Published Complaint

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Master Roshi Targeted in BPO Published Complaint

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:54 am

Lord Beerus wrote: This was a magnificent analogy. :clap: :thumbup: :lol:
dbs fanboy wrote: This is hilarious, and i'm going to put it on my sign :lol: :lol:
Thanks you guys! Glad you liked it :D

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:39 pm

That made me really quite uncomfortable, and I'd argue that Roshi was not in character here. Yes, he's a perv, he likes young women, he reads nudie mags and will rub a nurse's butt or ask to see someone's panties in exchange for a favour. This was another level. It was bad when he tried to use the microband to spy on Bulma and Lunch, but here he aggressively, persistently pursued a woman who was clearly afraid, trying to get away from him and couldn't stand up to him, and just kept doing it. Everything about it, physically carrying her away, the creepy lines about being "wicked", came across as actually rapey rather than the ultimately harmless dirty old man that Roshi has always been. I don't know what the writer was thinking here. People who've experienced being sexually coerced are very likely to come away from this episode with a bad taste in their mouths.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Complaints like this are the reason the world has turned progressively into total garbage since the early 90s

If youre offended by something to the point you must complain youre a prude...dont watch and dont stick your nose into it.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"