Enough With The Silent Treatment! - Pucker Up Already!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Enough With The Silent Treatment! - Pucker Up Already!

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:32 am

If Goku Black had a child, would the latter go through the traditional Super Saiyan line by becoming a Super Saiyan first or delve into the wicked one by becoming a Super Saiyan Rosé only?
Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Enough With The Silent Treatment! - Pucker Up Already!

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:09 am

My guess is it's a nurture (ssjrosé) vs nature (regular ssj) thing. Also, who's the other parent? I'm under the impression you need to have both mortal and godly features to go ssjrosé. Would the other parent being only one or the other matter? Gokû Black has a godly soul, but his body (and by extension, sperm) are still saiyan/mortal.

If Gokû Black and another godly entity had a child together, then yes I think the child would be capable of ssjrosé. If the other parent is mortal, I'd say only the regular ssj line.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:19 am

Chuquita wrote:My guess is it's a nurture (ssjrosé) vs nature (regular ssj) thing. Also, who's the other parent? I'm under the impression you need to have both mortal and godly features to go ssjrosé. Would the other parent being only one or the other matter? Gokû Black has a godly soul, but his body (and by extension, sperm) are still saiyan/mortal.

If Gokû Black and another godly entity had a child together, then yes I think the child would be capable of ssjrosé. If the other parent is mortal, I'd say only the regular ssj line.
Thank you, Chuquita, for responding so quickly. Also, the mate of Goku Black would be a female Earthling with pink hair.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:25 am

You're welcome! I think it'd be the regular ssj line then, if the mother is an earthling. They would have the hidden strength benefit of being half human that Gohan, Trunks, etc have though.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:10 pm

No offense, but most of your questions are really obscure and don't generate much conversation or debate. That's why people are so silent.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Misirius

Post by Misirius » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:37 pm

Firstly, Super Saiyan Rosé isn't "Goku Black's Super Saiyan".

Super Saiyan Rosé is Goku Black's SSBlue equivalent. Goku Black can still go regular Super Saiyan using normal Ki.
And it is explained that the color is Rosé because of his godly essence, not because it is a "wicked" form. Pink means beauty and divinity, so that's why he has it.

The child would turn a SSJ, but if he got God Ki he would go Super Saiyan Blue, since he's a mortal, and Goku Black has Goku's general DNA structure, maybe with just small differences.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Goku Black can turn Super Saiyan, so obviously so could the child. The question is whether he'd go SSB or SSR. In fact, how SSR works is still up in the air. The anime implies SSR is simply Black's form of Super Saiyan (in fact, it's outright stated by Vegeta). Even if you consider it to be his version of SSB, the fact that he's a Kaioshin would make it SSR. But then the manga contradicts this since he's not a Kaioshin there, so how does it work? Is there a difference between God Ki? Is there a "real" God Ki for Kaioshin and Kaio and "fake" God Ki for SSB?

Alternatively, it could just be a Golden Freeza thing where you can simply pick the color and Blue is the default.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Pure machines like Artificial Human #16 and #19 had no ki, which is to say, ki is something a physical body would be imbued with. As such, because the ki of a god is mixed with the ki of a normal Saiyan, I believe his sperm would carry ki that is imbued with the spiritual energies of not only a Saiyan, but a god. As such, Black's child would be different from a normal Saiyan.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter