Tien the weakest link?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulianStyles
Banned

Re: Tien the weakest link?

Post by JulianStyles » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:38 am

I suggest you rewatch the clip again of Roshi vs Tenshinhan. Roshi is clearly flying. Also Tien got in 3 devestating shots on him and it did nothing further proving, just as the dbs writer confirmed. It was witch craft that made him stronger.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:38 am

JulianStyles wrote:I suggest you rewatch the clip again of Roshi vs Tenshinhan. Roshi is clearly flying. Also Tien got in 3 devestating shots on him and it did nothing further proving, just as the dbs writer confirmed. It was witch craft that made him stronger.
I did. It goes against nothing I said. Roshi floated down to fight Tien and then never flew again. Despite seeing him fly, Goku still called it Roshi's own power. The episode said nothing about witchcraft making Roshi stronger, not Goku or even Tien. Even Yuri never said her witchcraft made people stronger.

Like I said, get the Super writer who actually wrote the episode instead of just one writer who said 'might' or 'I think'.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:29 am

HeroR wrote: Like I said, get the Super writer who actually wrote the episode instead of just one writer who said 'might' or 'I think'.
He didn't say 'might'. Saying 'I think' is not necessarily indicative of uncertainty, in fact, it can be certainty too. For example, 'I think Goku is stronger than Yamcha'. The writer thinks Ten is stronger, now, you are free to disagree and think Roshi is.

In any case, if a writer can be wrong, the other can be too. It's an interesting debate, until what point can we consider legit what writers do, more in fillers. For me, this filler episodes are in a bubble. We have precedents in Super of problems created by the fillers, like the use of the dragon balls and the time they require to be active again or the questionable power levels in the Potafu arc.
Heno heno kappa!

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:10 am

I agree, using the word "think" does not necessarily indicate uncertainty. That's kind of grasping at straws to be honest.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:26 am

Saturnine wrote:I agree, using the word "think" does not necessarily indicate uncertainty. That's kind of grasping at straws to be honest.
If he was sure, he would have just straight up said that Roshi was enhanced by witchcraft. He didn't and the show itself never said it.

So, it seems people saying that Roshi was enhance are gasping.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:19 am

HeroR wrote:
Saturnine wrote:I agree, using the word "think" does not necessarily indicate uncertainty. That's kind of grasping at straws to be honest.
If he was sure, he would have just straight up said that Roshi was enhanced by witchcraft. He didn't and the show itself never said it.

He's the writer bro, he decides.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:23 am

Saturnine wrote:
HeroR wrote:

He's the writer bro, he decides.
The writer who wrote the episode already decided the reason, and it was plainly stated in the show. Trying to contradict that with the garbled English of a different writer is grasping.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:24 am

JulianStyles wrote:I suggest you rewatch the clip again of Roshi vs Tenshinhan. Roshi is clearly flying. Also Tien got in 3 devestating shots on him and it did nothing further proving, just as the dbs writer confirmed. It was witch craft that made him stronger.
I suggest you read the titles for the upcoming episodes: episode 99- Midget Kuririn's hidden power.lol It is obvious Toriyama is the one behind this, as i said earlier, i won't be surprised if he surpasses Piccolo. Toriyama doesn't give a fuck about Tenshinhan. I highly doubt Tenshinhan will do anything in the tournament except the usual Kikoho, that's everything he has.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:24 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
I suggest you read the titles for the upcoming episodes: episode 99- Midget Kuririn's hidden power.lol It is obvious Toriyama is the one behind this, as i said earlier, i won't be surprised if he surpasses Piccolo. Toriyama doesn't give a fuck about Tenshinhan. I highly doubt Tenshinhan will do anything in the tournament except the usual Kikoho, that's everything he has.
18 will be first eliminated. Krillin gets mad then gets eliminated.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:49 pm

Tenshinhan has shown an aptitude for replicating the techniques of others with incredible efficiency. Seeing how he was on the receiving end of the Thunder Shock Surprise technique, would it not be safe to conclude that he's now able to recycle it for his own use? Tenshinhan's stamina should be more than adequate enough to use it constantly if he wanted. It's one occasion where the Multi-Form ability could come in handy as the Thunder Shock Surprise is intended to be a torturous electrocution wave able to paralyse those it's used on. If Tenshinhan could render those he uses it on immobile, it's only a matter of throwing them out of bounds. If you want to take it one step further, maybe Tenshinhan's Multi-Form clones could each sequentially create two shock wave attacks each -- altogether that amounts to eight Thunder Shock Surprises for eight different competitors. If it pans out successfully then Tenshinhan will have gotten rid of 11.4% of the competition by himself.

Roshi couldn't boast for such effectiveness unless he were also capable of continually using Thunder Shock Surprise.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Basako wrote:
HeroR wrote: Like I said, get the Super writer who actually wrote the episode instead of just one writer who said 'might' or 'I think'.
He didn't say 'might'. Saying 'I think' is not necessarily indicative of uncertainty, in fact, it can be certainty too. For example, 'I think Goku is stronger than Yamcha'. The writer thinks Ten is stronger, now, you are free to disagree and think Roshi is.

In any case, if a writer can be wrong, the other can be too. It's an interesting debate, until what point can we consider legit what writers do, more in fillers. For me, this filler episodes are in a bubble. We have precedents in Super of problems created by the fillers, like the use of the dragon balls and the time they require to be active again or the questionable power levels in the Potafu arc.
Your first paragraph is incorrect I'm sorry. If you say "I think Goku is stronger than Yamcha" it may be a fact but you are still stating uncertainty on your part. You'd be using the language wrong if you intended it as a fact.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:35 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote: Your first paragraph is incorrect I'm sorry. If you say "I think Goku is stronger than Yamcha" it may be a fact but you are still stating uncertainty on your part. You'd be using the language wrong if you intended it as a fact.
I'm not uncertain that Goku is stronger than Yamcha, that's what I think and I state it saying that I think Goku is stronger than Yamcha. Zero uncertainty about this, I speak for myself and I tell you I'm sure.

About Toshio's statement, without any more context showing any kind uncertainty, we just can assume what he said, that he thinks Tenshinhan is stronger than Roshi, no more, no less. Now, you're free to disagree with his opinion and think Roshi is stronger.
Heno heno kappa!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:08 pm

We saw in the latest episode of Super that his thrid eye was able to sense the faint presence of the two members of Universe 4 that didn't seem to be a part of the teamwhen the rest of fighters from Universe 4 arrived. I think having that third eye Tien in the team will play crucial in picking up enemies that may using techniques or abilties that hide their aura or have natural atmosphere that can't be sensed.