Am I the only one who hates it when [Adult Swims] delays the DUB?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Am I the only one who hates it when [Adult Swims] delays the DUB?

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:29 pm

The pacing is pretty poor (from what I recall, they're barely halfway through the arc) and we've been set back 2 times. One for that stupid Rick and Morty prank (Unnecessary and unforgivable truly not the way to introduce someone to their show) and another for that holiday (we got delayed, but nearly everything else still stayed the same. What sense does that make?) We should be two episodes ahead! At this rate (what with [AS] nonsense and Toonami always giving their anime an all-night marathon tossing aside the ones that air new episodes) we may not even reach the Black arc by the year's end and I say that's really off-putting.

Side note: Why can't they just air It on Sunday night? Or just strip off one of Seth's re-played reruns and air it at 5 or 6. All 3 of his shows don't deserve to come on twice a night.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

PeanutSaiyan
Banned

Re: Am I the only one who hates it when [Adult Swims] delays the DUB?

Post by PeanutSaiyan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:37 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:The pacing is pretty poor (from what I recall, they're barely halfway through the arc) and we've been set back 2 times. One for that stupid Rick and Morty prank (Unnecessary and unforgivable truly not the way to introduce someone to their show) .
I thought it was incredibly clever and a great way to shut fans up that have been clamoring for a season 3. One of the best season premieres of all time tbh.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:43 pm

PeanutSaiyan wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:The pacing is pretty poor (from what I recall, they're barely halfway through the arc) and we've been set back 2 times. One for that stupid Rick and Morty prank (Unnecessary and unforgivable truly not the way to introduce someone to their show) .
I thought it was incredibly clever and a great way to shut fans up that have been clamoring for a season 3. One of the best season premieres of all time tbh.
It wouldn't of been that bad had they aired the episodes of Jack and Super that were missed but they didn't. Why should we have to suffer? I for one, do not want to watch a nihilistic old man fumble about with his grating voiced grandson for 3 hours while 2 of my favorite shows are passing by.

PeanutSaiyan
Banned

Post by PeanutSaiyan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:47 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
PeanutSaiyan wrote:
It wouldn't of been that bad had they aired the episodes of Jack and Super that were missed but they didn't. Why should we have to suffer? I for one, do not want to watch a nihilistic old man fumble about with his grating voiced grandson for 3 hours while 2 of my favorite shows are passing by.
That's a shame, because it's one of the best written shows out there right now and probably one of the best animated shows of all time. The writing is on par with the first 7 seasons of the Simpsons. As for missing your show, you'll live :thumbup:

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Well can you imagine when it comes to December? They usually take a month off for movies and specials. A week off isn't too bad at least compared to that.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:55 pm

PeanutSaiyan wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:
PeanutSaiyan wrote:
That's a shame, because it's one of the best written shows out there right now and probably one of the best animated shows of all time. The writing is on par with the first 7 seasons of the Simpsons. As for missing your show, you'll live :thumbup:
I keep hearing that, and while I've tried to give it a chance (before and after that April Fools joke) I can't really see myself liking it. I am constantly off-put by the loud whiny voice of the deuteragonist(and the fact that his grandfather's life before he was born seems to be better than anything ever seen on my viewing of their adventures) and don't even get me started on that family! Ugh. It feels like every family oriented episode of modern family guy and It's just plain uninteresting (then again, boring human related b-plots on sci-fi shows are my bêtes noire) there are plenty of other things I can list out (like most of it's fandom)

But, this is a rant on AS's incompetence and not Rick and Morty so de gustibus non diputandum
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:58 pm

These kinds of things are to be expected. Dragonball Super isn't Adult Swims only show so other shows are going to get some love sometimes or there are just going to be holidays. That's just how T.V works.

Besides Dragonball airs a lot on Toonami already. Super airs Twice and Kai airs on the same night. That's 3 counts of Dragonball. I know one is a rerun but still. One night off everyone once in a while won't hurt. It's happened plenty of times in Japan as well.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:14 pm

This is not 1998-2003 anymore when you had new episodes every day from Monday-Friday in the afternoons. Marathons are used for Toonami to save money since most people don't watch TV on the holidays. You got to deal with waiting for a new dub episode every weekend.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:22 pm

I really think you're over reacting.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:I really think you're over reacting.
Perhaps I am. But I could of have certainly been way more dramatic about this.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:30 pm

I think that rick and morty special was pretty tasteless.
Considering Toonami is once a week, and that stuff can also play on the other 6 days in which they have 20 Seth Mcfarlane Re-runs.
:clap:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:31 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Which wouldn't have made your points any more valid. In fact it probably would've did more harm. Super (especially at this point in the dub) is NOT worth getting pissy over.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:
Super (especially at this point in the dub) is NOT worth getting pissy over.
Exactly. We're at the worst point. Stretching it out this much is not okay.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:49 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote: Perhaps I am. But I could of have certainly been way more dramatic about this.
Super (especially at this point in the dub) is NOT worth getting pissy over.
Just don't watch every week and it becomes much easier. Simple as that.

Kogu 87
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kogu 87 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:06 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote: Super (especially at this point in the dub) is NOT worth getting pissy over.
Just don't watch every week and it becomes much easier. Simple as that.
This is exactly what i do.
Wait a few weeks and check the episodes out.

I wonder if the blu-ray releases will eventually be ahead of toonami schedule.
"Oh dear...."