Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by Tian » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:17 pm

wjbraden wrote:
Tian wrote:
TheRed259 wrote: Thank you very much! Wow, why did it take them so long to dub DBGT?
A user from here said the franchise was banned in Hungary because of some kids tried to do bukujutsu from the top of the buildings.

But I think it has to do with the ORTT (The Hungarian FCC) deemed DBZ too violent to air and they asked RTL Klub to stop the series in Episode 120. After that, later episodes started being sold in tapes and DBZ won't be aired on TV again till Viasat 6 aired it and this time, the complete series.

GT was aired because it was bought by Animax and since Animax was a block that aired at nights (from 8pm to 2am), no kids would watch it and the series could avoid ORTT's censorship.
Interesting stuff. Quick question, when were episodes of DBZ eps. 122+ dubbed and released on video? From what I read, some of the later episodes were dubbed in the late 2000's, but I'm not quite sure since the google translation I used was rather poor.
Unfortunately I have no idea about the release dates.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:28 am

wjbraden wrote:
Tian wrote:
TheRed259 wrote: Thank you very much! Wow, why did it take them so long to dub DBGT?
A user from here said the franchise was banned in Hungary because of some kids tried to do bukujutsu from the top of the buildings.

But I think it has to do with the ORTT (The Hungarian FCC) deemed DBZ too violent to air and they asked RTL Klub to stop the series in Episode 120. After that, later episodes started being sold in tapes and DBZ won't be aired on TV again till Viasat 6 aired it and this time, the complete series.

GT was aired because it was bought by Animax and since Animax was a block that aired at nights (from 8pm to 2am), no kids would watch it and the series could avoid ORTT's censorship.
Interesting stuff. Quick question, when were episodes of DBZ eps. 122+ dubbed and released on video? From what I read, some of the later episodes were dubbed in the late 2000's, but I'm not quite sure since the google translation I used was rather poor.
The entire DBZ series was dubbed at the same time. 4 VHS tapes (ep.121-137) were released in 1999 and 2000.
In the studio's archive, of course, there was the dub for all episodes. Many years later, someone could get these dubs, and the fans in the whole country summed up the money for the dubs and bought them from this man. I know this is an incredible story, but still true :)

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:37 pm

We got info on who will voice who in Super. Here's the cast:

Son Goku - László Lippai
Gohan - Bence Penke (Replaces Gábor Csőre)
Goten - Judit Koltai (also voiced Kid Gohan in Z)
Piccolo - Csaba Krisztián Csík
Vegeta - Roland Czető (Replaces Péter Bozsó)
Bulma - Erika Kiss
Trunks - Péter Szokol
Narrator - Máté Endrédi (Was only the narrator in GT)
Krillin - Bence Berkes (Replaces Gábor Garamszegi who only voiced Krillin in GT. The person who voiced Krillin in DB and Z passed away in 2009).
Chi Chi - Tünde Törtei
Videl - Anita Böhm
Mr. Satan (Hercule) - Lajos Csuha (Only voiced Hercole in GT)
Majin Buu - István Fazekas (Only voiced Buu in GT)
Yamcha - Róbert Harcsik (replaces Péter Forgács)
Tensinhan - István Wolmuth
Old Kai - Endre Botár (Only voiced Old Kai in GT)
Shibito and Kibito - Victor Posta (Only voiced them in GT)
C18 - Erika F.Nagy (Only voiced 18 in GT)
Bubbles - Dániel Hamvas (replaces Péter R. Kárpáti)
Master Roshi - Ferenc Végh (Only voiced Roshi in GT. The person who voiced Roshi in DB and Z passed away in 2011)
Gregory - Attila Bartucz
Marron - Bori Csuha (was the voice of Marron in GT)
Beerus - János Bordás
Whis - Lehel Kisfalusi
King Kai - Péter Beregi (Only voiced King Kai in Z. Nice to see him returning after he wasn't present in GT).
Mai - Lilla Hermann (replaces Ági Kökényessy)
Pilaf - Gábor Harsányi
Shu - Vilmos Papucsek (Only voiced Shu in GT)
Oolong - Csongor Szalay (replaces Gábor Melis)

Those who are bolded are characters who got their voice actor replaced. Source: http://www.gyerek-vilag.tk/2018/03/a-dr ... ngjai.html

Opinion: I'm happy to see many previous voice actors returning, while also keeping some of the voices from GT. Gotta say i'm interested to see how Vegeta's new voice actor will perform. I know he was the voice of Black Star in Soul Eater and John Snow from Game of Thrones. He sounds a little too young, but whatever. Gohan's new voice sounds okay, however, I really don't like Krillin's new voice. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the voice actor, but he sounds too young for someone like Krillin, who's a character that is in 40s (I think). I know Krillin looks like a child in Super, but c'mon.
Last edited by TheDipDap1234 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Sani007 wrote:
wjbraden wrote:
Tian wrote:

The entire DBZ series was dubbed at the same time. 4 VHS tapes (ep.121-137) were released in 1999 and 2000.
In the studio's archive, of course, there was the dub for all episodes. Many years later, someone could get these dubs, and the fans in the whole country summed up the money for the dubs and bought them from this man. I know this is an incredible story, but still true :)
Wow, so the last two thirds of the series was just sitting in the values for over a decade, until the fans got together to get them released, eventually spurring interest for GT, and now Super to get dubbed. Never doubt the power of fans. Thanks for the info! :)
Last edited by wjbraden on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:50 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:We got info on who will voice who in Super. Here's the cast:
Pilaf - Gábor Harsányi (Only voiced Pilaf in GT)
He voiced Pilaf in DB, too.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:50 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:We got info on who will voice who in Super. Here's the cast:

Son Goku - László Lippai
Gohan - Bence Penke (Replaces Gábor Csőre)
Goten - Judit Koltai (also voiced Kid Gohan in Z)
Piccolo - Csaba Krisztián Csík
Vegeta - Roland Czető (Replaces Péter Bozsó)
Bulma - Erika Kiss
Trunks - Péter Szokol
Narrator - Máté Endrédi
Krillin - Bence Berkes (Replaces Gábor Garamszegi who only voiced Krillin in GT. The person who voiced Krillin in DB and Z passed away in 2009).
Chi Chi - Tünde Törtei
Videl - Anita Böhm
Mr. Satan (Hercule) - Lajos Csuha (Only voiced Hercole in GT)
Majin Buu - István Fazekas (Only voiced Buu in GT)
Yamcha - Róbert Harcsik (replaces Péter Forgács)
Tensinhan - István Wolmuth
Old Kai - Endre Botár (Only voiced Old Kai in GT)
Shibito and Kibito - Victor Posta (Only voiced them in GT)
C18 - Erika F.Nagy (Only voiced 18 in GT)
Bubbles - Dániel Hamvas (replaces Péter R. Kárpáti)
Master Roshi - Ferenc Végh (Only voiced Roshi in GT. The person who voiced Roshi in DB and Z passed away in 2011)
Gregory - Attila Bartucz
Marron - Bori Csuha (was the voice of Marron in GT)
Beerus - János Bordás
Whis - Lehel Kisfalusi
King Kai - Péter Beregi (Only voiced King Kai in Z. Nice to see him returning after he wasn't present in GT).
Mai - Lilla Hermann (replaces Ági Kökényessy)
Shu - Vilmos Papucsek (Only voiced Shu in GT)
Oolong - Csongor Szalay (replaces Gábor Melis)

Those who are bolded are characters who got their voice actor replaced. Source: http://www.gyerek-vilag.tk/2018/03/a-dr ... ngjai.html

Opinion: I'm happy to see many previous voice actors returning, while also keeping some of the voices from GT. Gotta say i'm interested to see how Vegeta's new voice actor will perform. I know he was the voice of Black Star in Soul Eater and John Snow from Game of Thrones. He sounds a little too young, but whatever. Gohan's new voice sounds okay, however, I really don't like Krillin's new voice. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the voice actor, but he sounds too young for someone like Krillin, who's a character that is in 40s (I think). I know Krillin looks like a child in Super, but c'mon.
Wow... What do we know about Beerus' and Whis' VAs? Do they fit the characters?
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Sani007 wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I forgot he voiced Pilaf in DB.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:55 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Sani007 wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I forgot he voiced Pilaf in DB.
Your welcome, and Máté Endrédi was the Narrator only in Dragon Ball GT.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote: Vegeta - Roland Czető
Finally, my three long time favourite characters (Vegeta, Yusei Fudo and Tota Matsuda) will share voice actor at least in one dub :D

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:36 am

Sani007 wrote:
wjbraden wrote:
Tian wrote:

'This man' being who?

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:00 pm

sangofe wrote:
Sani007 wrote:
wjbraden wrote:
'This man' being who?
Well, that's a good question. I don't even know the details, maybe a guy who worked in the studio earlier.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Sani007 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Sani007 wrote:
'This man' being who?
Well, that's a good question. I don't even know the details, maybe a guy who worked in the studio earlier.
So fans gave them to a tv station to get them Broadcasted? And... Are these film prints?

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:22 pm

sangofe wrote:
Sani007 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
'This man' being who?
So fans gave them to a tv station to get them Broadcasted? And... Are these film prints?
This guy obtained the dubs from the studio, contacted the fans on a forum. He showed some proofs, (scenes from Cell and Buu saga) offered a deal and fans collected money for all audio tracks.
Viasat 6 broadcasted the series many years later, independently from these.

These were just audio tracks.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Sani007 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Sani007 wrote:
This guy obtained the dubs from the studio, contacted the fans on a forum. He showed some proofs, (scenes from Cell and Buu saga) offered a deal and fans collected money for all audio tracks.

Interesting. Were these leaked before the broadcast?

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:33 pm

sangofe wrote:
Sani007 wrote:
sangofe wrote:

Interesting. Were these leaked before the broadcast?
Years before, though then everyone believed that it would never be broadcasted.
Yeah, it's a crazy story. :)

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:15 am

I wonder if Freeza will be adapted as Dermeszto like Z's dub or he'll have his original name.

The first time I heard his name in Hungarian, I thought Trunks said "Ernesto!" :lol:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:15 pm

Beerus was horrible!

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:09 pm

sangofe wrote:
Beerus was horrible!
He is not Beerus, but the narrator of Viasat 6.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:59 am

Only 2 hours are left till the premiere of the first 2 episodes!

The first episode already got leaked this morning somehow and can be watched on the internet.

Also, according to a recent article, Viasat6 will sure air the first 76 episodes of the series. It's unknown if they will air the Universal Survival Saga, but considering that László Lippai said they will record at least 130 episodes, i'm pretty sure they will.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.