Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Tian wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:So, after so many months, we FINALLY got news on this! A group of Hungarian Dragon Ball fans called "Dragon Ball Podcast HUN" made a short interview with Goku's Hungarian voice actor (László Lippai). In the interview, László Lippai revealed that they just started working on the Hungarian dub of Dragon Ball Super and they have already finished the first 6 episodes! He didn't reveal when will the show start airing, which channel will air it or how many episodes they will do in total, but he did reveal that Vegeta's previous voice actor (Péter Bozsó) and Gohan's previous actor (Gábor Csőre) will not come back to voice their characters.
1. That's awesome! Can't wait to see who are the new voices.
2. About the channel, I think Viasat 6 is the most likely to air it since it was channel that fully aired Dragon Ball Z before (RTL Klub's run was abruptly stopped by the ORTT). I was thinking about Megamax but I ruled it out after I remembered the channel does not air anime and Super would have to be censored to be aired there...If it were aired by Megamax, we could also get Czech and Romanian dubs since the channel is also in Czech Republic and Romania.
I also think that Viasat 6 will be the channel that will air Super. To this day they still air reruns of Z, and recently they created a Hungarian dub for the second season of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's. I just hope Super won't air on Cartoon Network.

By the way, I have to correct myself about something. Goku's Hungarian voice actor actually said that they will dub at least 130 episodes of Super, which is pretty much the entire series. Trunks' voice actor (Péter Szokol) will also come back to voice Trunks!
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Danfun64 wrote:
KayDash wrote:I wonder if the french dub were based on the Ocean dub, because it had the heavy censoring of blood, and HELL changed to HFIL, etc.
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. First of all, which French dub are you talking about? French Kai? Ocean is credited in the edited Funi dub of Kai, so people are assuming the Ocean Kai dub will use the same footage. Both Funi's edited and uncut masters of Kai 1-98 are 4:3 (so-called Fullscreen), while France's masters of Kai 1-98 are in 16:9 (TV Widescreen), and the censored French dub of 1-98 that aired on french Nick was edited differently. I'm fairly certain HFIL is not in any version of French Kai. Finally, Ocean Kai is assumed to have its own score, which French Kai obviously doesn't use. Somehow I doubt the Ocean Kai script was finalized by the time French Kai started airing, but even if it wasn't, it seems unlikely, especially since French Kai is available uncut.

The pre-Kai french dubs? Impossible, as they premiered several years before Funi and Ocean did their English dubs, and I'm fairly sure the pre-Kai french dubs never had any visual edits... it just hard cut the stuff deemed objectionable.
Dude, I'm talking about Z not Kai, and the hungarian dub of Z. If there was a hungarian dub of Kai, I totally missed it, but I'm referring to the Z dub we had like... 15 years ago?

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:50 pm

Gotcha. Yeah, French (and by extension Hungarian) Z is not based in any way on the Ocean Z dubs, and in turn the Ocean Z dubs never used the French script as a base, even when AB Groupe funded the second half of Ocean Z and provided its masters for the last few episodes.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:40 am

According to "Gyerek-Vilag" Super will air on Viasat6 in Hungary, and will also air on AXN Black in Romania and Moldova! When they will air it is still unknown.

http://www.gyerek-vilag.tk/2018/03/kesz ... ronja.html
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Danfun64 wrote:
KayDash wrote:I wonder if the french dub were based on the Ocean dub, because it had the heavy censoring of blood, and HELL changed to HFIL, etc.
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. First of all, which French dub are you talking about? French Kai? Ocean is credited in the edited Funi dub of Kai, so people are assuming the Ocean Kai dub will use the same footage. Both Funi's edited and uncut masters of Kai 1-98 are 4:3 (so-called Fullscreen), while France's masters of Kai 1-98 are in 16:9 (TV Widescreen), and the censored French dub of 1-98 that aired on french Nick was edited differently. I'm fairly certain HFIL is not in any version of French Kai. Finally, Ocean Kai is assumed to have its own score, which French Kai obviously doesn't use. Somehow I doubt the Ocean Kai script was finalized by the time French Kai started airing, but even if it wasn't, it seems unlikely, especially since French Kai is available uncut.

The pre-Kai french dubs? Impossible, as they premiered several years before Funi and Ocean did their English dubs, and I'm fairly sure the pre-Kai french dubs never had any visual edits... it just hard cut the stuff deemed objectionable.
It's not. None of the french dubs have been.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:10 pm

I didn't think so. I had no idea where KayDash got that idea from.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:28 pm

We have an airdate.

http://www.gyerek-vilag.tk/2018/03/marc ... super.html

It will premiere in March 28th on Viasat6 at 16:00 PM. New episode will come out every weekday.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:40 pm

So the question remains, will this dub get rid of most (if not all) of the old French-derived terms like the French and Castilian Spanish dubs did, or will it keep most of said terms like the European Portuguese dub did?
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:46 pm

Danfun64 wrote:So the question remains, will this dub get rid of most (if not all) of the old French-derived terms like the French and Castilian Spanish dubs did, or will it keep most of said terms like the European Portuguese dub did?
It will more faithful to the Japanese version than the OG DB and Z was that's for sure according to the people who made an interview with László Lippai. Beerus will be called "Bills" in the Dub. That's all I know so far.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:04 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:We have an airdate.

It will premiere in March 28th on Viasat6 at 16:00 PM. New episode will come out every weekday.
Every weekday? Starting from Wednesday, right?
Why did they choose strating a daily series from the middle of the week?

Which show it's going to be finished prior that date and so being replaced so on by Super in that time slot? Do we have information on that?
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Low Tone G wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:We have an airdate.

Every weekday? Starting from Wednesday, right?
Why did they choose strating a daily series from the middle of the week?

Which show it's going to be finished prior that date and so being replaced so on by Super in that time slot? Do we have information on that?
DBS will replace the DBZ reruns they have been airing for many years now.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:29 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Tian wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:So, after so many months, we FINALLY got news on this! A group of Hungarian Dragon Ball fans called "Dragon Ball Podcast HUN" made a short interview with Goku's Hungarian voice actor (László Lippai). In the interview, László Lippai revealed that they just started working on the Hungarian dub of Dragon Ball Super and they have already finished the first 6 episodes! He didn't reveal when will the show start airing, which channel will air it or how many episodes they will do in total, but he did reveal that Vegeta's previous voice actor (Péter Bozsó) and Gohan's previous actor (Gábor Csőre) will not come back to voice their characters.
1. That's awesome! Can't wait to see who are the new voices.
2. About the channel, I think Viasat 6 is the most likely to air it since it was channel that fully aired Dragon Ball Z before (RTL Klub's run was abruptly stopped by the ORTT). I was thinking about Megamax but I ruled it out after I remembered the channel does not air anime and Super would have to be censored to be aired there...If it were aired by Megamax, we could also get Czech and Romanian dubs since the channel is also in Czech Republic and Romania.
I also think that Viasat 6 will be the channel that will air Super. To this day they still air reruns of Z, and recently they created a Hungarian dub for the second season of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's. I just hope Super won't air on Cartoon Network.

By the way, I have to correct myself about something. Goku's Hungarian voice actor actually said that they will dub at least 130 episodes of Super, which is pretty much the entire series. Trunks' voice actor (Péter Szokol) will also come back to voice Trunks!
Nice, the two best voices stay!

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:57 pm

TheRed259 wrote:When DB/DBZ/DBGT aired in Hungary?
Dragon Ball - Dragon Ball Z: 1997-1999
Dragon Ball GT: 2011-2012

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:06 pm

Sani007 wrote:Dragon Ball - Dragon Ball Z: 1997-1999
Thank you very much! Wow, why did it take them so long to dub DBGT?

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:26 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
A user from here said the franchise was banned in Hungary because of some kids tried to do bukujutsu from the top of the buildings.

But I think it has to do with the ORTT (The Hungarian FCC) deemed DBZ too violent to air and they asked RTL Klub to stop the series in Episode 120. After that, later episodes started being sold in tapes and DBZ won't be aired on TV again till Viasat 6 aired it and this time, the complete series.

GT was aired because it was bought by Animax and since Animax was a block that aired at nights (from 8pm to 2am), no kids would watch it and the series could avoid ORTT's censorship.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:29 pm

Tian wrote:
TheRed259 wrote:
A user from here said the franchise was banned in Hungary because of some kids tried to do bukujutsu from the top of the buildings.
Yeah, it's just an urban legend.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:58 pm

Tian wrote:
TheRed259 wrote:

But I think it has to do with the ORTT (The Hungarian FCC) deemed DBZ too violent to air and they asked RTL Klub to stop the series in Episode 120. After that, later episodes started being sold in tapes and DBZ won't be aired on TV again till Viasat 6 aired it and this time, the complete series.

GT was aired because it was bought by Animax and since Animax was a block that aired at nights (from 8pm to 2am), no kids would watch it and the series could avoid ORTT's censorship.
I thought GT did not get dubbed.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:07 pm

sangofe wrote: I thought GT did not get dubbed.
It did. The special was also dubbed :
https://youtu.be/XxGQcxPjMuY

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:41 pm

Tian wrote:
TheRed259 wrote:

Interesting stuff. Quick question, when were episodes of DBZ eps. 122+ dubbed and released on video? From what I read, some of the later episodes were dubbed in the late 2000's, but I'm not quite sure since the google translation I used was rather poor.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.