Mortal stronger than a GoD

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Mortal stronger than a GoD

Post by MagmonKai » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Saturnine wrote:I highly doubt it's Jiren. KKx10 Goku is still nowhere near Beerus, and Jiren can be only say, like 1,5x stronger than Goku in that state. Doesn't mean he has to be taken as stronger than Gods of Destruction.

Also it's worth mentioning that not every instance of Goku using Kaioken in SSj Blue was 10x. Sometimes it was just a regular 2x, which I believe Goku used against Toppo, and the latter erroneously assumed that was all Goku's capable of. So current KKx10 SSj Blue Goku can in fact be able to fight on par with Jiren or probably even have an advantage.

Yes, KKx10 was differentiated by the magenta glow over his face. It was like a new form, but it's incredibly unstable and can lead to permanent damage. The form is powerful, but it's extremely limited. I would imagine it's more a last ditch effort. He was definitely close to Beerus' strength when he went that level. I think his new form will be a variant that rivals the power of the SSBx10 but without the negative draw backs. Goku was so fast in this form that he completely nullified Hit's time skip. I'm sure he could have done what Jiren did no problem.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Whis was talking about someone who'd be in the tournament. How can you guys ignore this. It's Jiren, end of the story.
Yedis wrote:Toriyama stated he had no plans of Goku surpassing Beerus, he can always change his mind, but his statement should still be taken into consideration.

Also, the anime version of Jiren may have abilities that can be overcome by simply "powering up" similar to ways Vegeta and Goku overcame Goku Black and Hit.
He stated that half a year ago, when the Charma arc hadn't even started yet.
Whis was not talking about someone who'd be in the tournament. Stop making things up. He gave no indication on who he was talking about.

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:51 pm

I believe it can't be Jiren. The only way that makes sense is if Goku or other participants figure out a way to beat him despite his power, rather than by surpassing it.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:06 pm

emperior wrote:I believe it's Jiren. He's being hyped a lot.
I also don't get how some people expect Goku to surpass Beerus. In Dragon Ball, Roshi was surpassed in the RRA by Goku and it happened a little out of nowhere so I don't get why Beerus can't be surpassed in this arc.
After all, the gap between Goku and Beerus was not massive even back in the BoG arc/movie. Now Goku is a lot stronger, plus with KKx10 how is that not at least touching Beerus' full power now? I wouldn't be surprised if Jiren is stronger than Beerus by a small margin.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:18 pm

They just keep dowmscaling Goku and upscaling Beerus to fit the narrative. I fully expect Jiren to be the warrior stronger than beerus..but it won't mean much because Gin, and the other 3 gods of destruction clearly have superior universes with stronger warriors.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:13 am

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:I believe it's Jiren. He's being hyped a lot.
I also don't get how some people expect Goku to surpass Beerus. In Dragon Ball, Roshi was surpassed in the RRA by Goku and it happened a little out of nowhere so I don't get why Beerus can't be surpassed in this arc.
After all, the gap between Goku and Beerus was not massive even back in the BoG arc/movie. Now Goku is a lot stronger, plus with KKx10 how is that not at least touching Beerus' full power now? I wouldn't be surprised if Jiren is stronger than Beerus by a small margin.
The 6 to 10 proportion and "Goku and Vegeta together having a chance to beat Beerus" has been rectonned, you really shouldn't worry so much about it.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:27 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Whis was talking about someone who'd be in the tournament. How can you guys ignore this. It's Jiren, end of the story.
Yedis wrote:Toriyama stated he had no plans of Goku surpassing Beerus, he can always change his mind, but his statement should still be taken into consideration.

Also, the anime version of Jiren may have abilities that can be overcome by simply "powering up" similar to ways Vegeta and Goku overcame Goku Black and Hit.
Whis was not talking about someone who'd be in the tournament. Stop making things up. He gave no indication on who he was talking about.
Whis answered Goku's question, which was "can we win the tournament?"
Stop denying facts, thank you.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:36 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:

Yes but logically it doesnt make sense, it was poorly presented. Not only how Whis explained which actually does leave room for interpretation it but how Beerus isnt even phased by it.

If Vegito was only MAYBE as strong as Beerus it seems like poor writing unless as others have said Jiren is eliminated through strategy or actually wins.

We will see. I'm stll 50/50
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:15 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:

Whis statement is vague. He said that he does not know so much about the other universes, but he know that there is a universe with this mortal that a God of Destruction can't defeat (and this God is physically stronger than Beerus). And again, unless Beerus losing to every Hakaishin in an arm wrestling, then Whis/Beerus knows what universe they're talking about. When Goku fought Toppo, Beerus couldn't believe that Universe 11 had a fighter that strong, Beerus was shocked after knowing that Goku was fighting universe 11's second best and now he doesn't care if someone stronger than him fight in the tournament?

Whis probably only said this to warn Goku to be careful, because he can find many strong people in the tournament. So yeah, is not a "fact" at all. He can be Jiren, but is not sure.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:21 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: Whis was not talking about someone who'd be in the tournament. Stop making things up. He gave no indication on who he was talking about.
Yes but logically it doesnt make sense, it was poorly presented. Not only how Whis explained which actually does leave room for interpretation it but how Beerus isnt even phased by it.

If Vegito was only MAYBE as strong as Beerus it seems like poor writing unless as others have said Jiren is eliminated through strategy or actually wins.

It's pretty obvious that Goku's getting a new transformation.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:14 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:

Nope. His answer to Goku's question was that he didn't know much about the universes in the tournament. His statement about the powerful mortal was another statement entirely
It's foolish to treat his line as a matter of fact statement while telling everyone it's definitely him. Especially if/when it turns out not to be him

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:34 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: Whis answered Goku's question, which was "can we win the tournament?"

I dont buy a new transformation that puts him that high. The transformation would need to be stronger than Vegito I just cant see it.

I agree he will get a new form, my argument is its terrible writing in the way its presented. I've enjoyed the arc so far but this one particular thing is odd.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:37 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

I dont buy a new transformation that puts him that high. The transformation would need to be stronger than Vegito I just cant see it.

I agree he will get a new form, my argument is its terrible writing in the way its presented. I've enjoyed the arc so far but this one particular thing is odd.
I would agree about the bad writing (hoping the manga handles it better) but to be fair SSG also put Goku in a level stronger than Vegito.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:22 am

MisteryOne wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: It's pretty obvious that Goku's getting a new transformation.

I would agree about the bad writing (hoping the manga handles it better) but to be fair SSG also put Goku in a level stronger than Vegito.
That is true, but I feel like gaining God Ki should do that but once you have it is there really something as drastic?
Hopefully they explain it well...I'm just not sure they will. Either way its just a small part of an arc I'm enjoying so oh well.

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:50 am

1. Beerus and Whis didn`t recognize pride troopers uniform, which they will wear while fighting or doing their duty.
2. Even after Goku shared about Toppo`s info on Jiren, Whis and Beerus did not speak anything suspicious.
3. Beerus had a arm wrestling match with that mortal ,lets say X.
4. Even after seeing Jiren in epi 96, no one recognized that guy, at least not yet.

If you think logically, Jiren is not the guy who defeated Beerus. Personally I think that the mortal will take part in post- EoZ arcs, as Toyatoro said the super won`t end by EoZ

OR Whis pulled a monaka again. :think:

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:59 pm

aravinthan wrote:1. Beerus and Whis didn`t recognize pride troopers uniform, which they will wear while fighting or doing their duty.
2. Even after Goku shared about Toppo`s info on Jiren, Whis and Beerus did not speak anything suspicious.
4. Even after seeing Jiren in epi 96, no one recognized that guy, at least not yet.

If you think logically, Jiren is not the guy who defeated Beerus. Personally I think that the mortal will take part in post- EoZ arcs, as Toyatoro said the super won`t end by EoZ

Thanks for saying what I was but with more detail. These are the exact reasons I'm saying that if they DID mean Jiren they portrayed it extremely poorly.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:15 pm

aravinthan wrote:1. Beerus and Whis didn`t recognize pride troopers uniform, which they will wear while fighting or doing their duty.

You guys sure? Beerus arm-wrestled another Hakaishin, not the mortal itself.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Pluto wrote:

You guys sure? Beerus arm-wrestled another Hakaishin, not the mortal itself.
Yes because think about it -

How many do you think have beaten Beerus? If one of them in the tournament did his reaction would have been like "Oh shit I hope it isnt U11 because he is one God who beat me...."

Even if there were 2-3 heck even 4.....youd think one in the tournament would set the alarm off.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:07 pm

All 4 of aravinthan's points are based on the faulty premise that Beerus arm wrestled with this mortal.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:15 pm

We all know this mortal has to be in the tournament since the reason Whis said it in the first place is because Goku asked if Universe 7 could win this without high difficulty. The main guy who was featured in the opening next to Goku is Jiren, he's been hyped a lot, especially in the latest episode, it's 100% Jiren.