How I think they'll handle Goku, Vegeta, Hit, Jiran and Toppo in this tournament.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: How I think they'll handle Goku, Vegeta, Hit, Jiran and Toppo in this tournament.

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:00 am

It won't surprise me if a universe that we never expect to win ends up winning. Universe 10 could surprise us and end up winning despite having weak looking characters. Gowasu will probably end up wishing back U7 since he probably still respects Goku for helping him get rid of Zamasu.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How I think they'll handle Goku, Vegeta, Hit, Jiran and Toppo in this tournament.

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:14 am

MainJPW wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: So guess who's winning the ToP? :D
Not U7. :)
Keep dreaming.

MKJ

Post by MKJ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:33 pm

I have a feeling that we are too focused on the outcome of this tournament. What takes place during it may end up meaning more and if I'm not mistaken isn't there a 48 minute time limit on the TOP? This may have been discussed elsewhere but what if time runs out and each universe has at least 1 fighter left? If I'm wrong about the time limit let me know, but I have a feeling the TOP may finish with a separate set of rules than it starts with. I think this thing is going to go in a direction that none of us have thought of yet.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:53 pm

MKJ wrote:I have a feeling that we are too focused on the outcome of this tournament. What takes place during it may end up meaning more and if I'm not mistaken isn't there a 48 minute time limit on the TOP? This may have been discussed elsewhere but what if time runs out and each universe has at least 1 fighter left? If I'm wrong about the time limit let me know, but I have a feeling the TOP may finish with a separate set of rules than it starts with. I think this thing is going to go in a direction that none of us have thought of yet.
I think it would be great if there were 3 U7 and 3 Pride Troopers left and Zeno decides on having 1v1 fights to decide the tournament. Maybe Gohan, Vegeta and Goku for U7..but I think Frieza may work better than Vegeta as he can take a loss without outrage from the base lol
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

amuroray
Not-So-Newbie

Post by amuroray » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:11 pm

Simere wrote:Lost to Beerus
Lost to Freeza
Lost to Hit
Lost to Zamasu

But he will "of course" win against Jiren. As he was "of course" going to win against Zamasu and Hit.

But if your baseless prediction does happen? I'll be quite pleased, because it's about time.
He never lost to freeza.
He never lost to hit infact he beat him in the later episodes.
Zamasu was a team effort.

He only lost to beerus and everyone lost to him.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:17 pm

amuroray wrote:
Lost to Freeza
Lost to Hit
Lost to Zamasu

But he will "of course" win against Jiren. As he was "of course" going to win against Zamasu and Hit.

But if your baseless prediction does happen? I'll be quite pleased, because it's about time.
He never lost to freeza.

He lost to Hitto and infact the second fight ended in a draw.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:37 pm

emperior wrote:I think this time the ending will be simple and predictable. Though everything leading to it won't. Much like Namek arc: everyone knew Goku would have beaten Freezer in the end, though it still was full of twists and awesome moments.

In Super, Goku has lost too many times. Toriyama has been so unpredictable that everyone expects him to keep being unpredictable. And he will be, but this time I believe the ending will be the easy one: Goku manages to beat Jiren.
Its because some fans are afraid the moment Goku beats the main antagonist and think that DBS will turn into GT(See Manga when Goku is battling Merged Zamasu instead of Trunks like in the anime).

I dont see Vegeta jobbing to Jiren, he might job to Kale after he defeats Caulifla.

Hit vs Toppo could be an interesting matchup, ends up with both being eliminated.

amuroray
Not-So-Newbie

Post by amuroray » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
amuroray wrote:
Lost to Freeza
Lost to Hit
Lost to Zamasu

He never lost to freeza.

He lost to Hitto and infact the second fight ended in a draw.
If hit won fairly why did he quit the next match?

Dont say hitto mate aswell you arent on a japanese forum its embarrassing

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:56 pm

amuroray wrote: Dont say hitto mate aswell you arent on a japanese forum its embarrassing
Let him say what he wants, you know what he means and literally, no one gives a shit but you.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 pm

If these characters had a creative streak then they would be putting Piccolo's magical abilities to use by conjuring up some aerial vehicle and distancing themselves from the pandemonium. Let Krillin shear off as much of the stadium as possible with his Kienzan. The aim of the tournament is to knock your opponent out of bounds. Since none of the contestants except the physiologically inclined are capable of flight, destroying the stadium would be an effective strategy for winning. I know it's not the "honourable Saiyan" way but who else besides Goku and Vegeta is concerned with such nonsense?

Realistically, why would Hit's Toki-Tobashi not be continually improving? The other characters would have to nip that pesky attribute in the bud quickly, otherwise they're going to be faced with the same dilemma of an ever improving enemy like what Goku experienced during the past tournament.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:06 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I could see Jiren winning the whole tournament and becoming the new 'someone stronger' for Goku to chase. Adult Goku doesn't have a good record against arc villains or tournaments. Plus, Jiren isn't a villain. He's a super hero fighting to save his universe. Plus, U7 losing would come as a twist thanks to their EoZ plot armor. I think Goku will fall to Jiren but will gain his respect.
I think it'd be interesting for Jiren to win and Goku to chase him only for Jiren to not give a damn about fighting Goku again. Jiren as a superhero, would say he only fights if there is danger and doesn't want to engage in a battle against Goku. This would increase the craze for fighting that Goku has been portrayed to have as he won't leave Jiren alone and follow him. Maybe then Goku would turn somewhat evil and cause harm to something to force Jiren to fight
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:28 pm

It's also possible the time limit thing will save them. If at least 1 person from each universe stays in the arena, then he can't just erase them all, it'd make no sense, and he'd never get to hold tournaments again with the people from those universes.

JigSaw910

Post by JigSaw910 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:46 am

TBMx wrote:Toriyama already said Gohan wasn't main character material, so while I think he'll go out with credibility, he'll be eliminated.
when was this? i havent seen an interview saying something like that since the whole cell sag fiasco.

anyways, Goku isnt going to be the last one standing. Its going to be gohan or vegeta by the way it looks. Gohan will get super saiyan white which will be the transformation of the arc and vegeta will probably win it for them. Goku being the last man standing just seems too easy. hes stronger than everybody there but jiren. would be kind of obvious to have that match up.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:49 am

JigSaw910 wrote:
TBMx wrote:Toriyama already said Gohan wasn't main character material, so while I think he'll go out with credibility, he'll be eliminated.
when was this? i havent seen an interview saying something like that since the whole cell sag fiasco.

anyways, Goku isnt going to be the last one standing. Its going to be gohan or vegeta by the way it looks. Gohan will get super saiyan white which will be the transformation of the arc and vegeta will probably win it for them. Goku being the last man standing just seems too easy. hes stronger than everybody there but jiren. would be kind of obvious to have that match up.
I don't see Vegeta winning it for the squad, if it's anyone, I do see it being Goku or Gohan. It being Goku wouldn't really be too easy going off his track record so far and in just tournaments, but Gohan has also received build up. I don't see Gohan getting any SSW at all though.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:09 pm

I have a strong feeling it will be Hit who gets man handled by Jiren.

After seeing his capabilities of perceiving movement, Hits time skip will be useless. Assuming that his time skip actually works in a void where time doesn't exist.

While this is true it applies to anyone who fights him, it's more so Hit whose attacks are all based around his time movement.
How i predict the tournament will end: