Will Vegeta simply be humiliated again?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: Will Vegeta simply be humiliated again?

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:33 am

TheMikado wrote:My prediction.

There is an obvious tension between Goku and Caulifa.
They will fight with Goku injuring her.
Kale will go SSJ Berserk (Whatever they are calling LSSJ) after seeing this
Fem-Broly now has a motive for hyper focusing on "kakorrot"
Vegeta will get scared for some reason and utterly embarrassed by that berserk form as a homage to the original movie.

Everyone will be angry and we will have a 50 page thread on this topic and 6 other threads referencing these events.
It's hilariously enough a decent prediction.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Nah. They haven't really done much with Vegeta since the Universe Survival arc began with really build up a hubris moment needed to make the Vegeta getting humiliated justified.

But then again, it could happen because... why the fuck not? Toriyama/Toei/Toyotaro like teasing the fandom.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:33 pm

HeroR wrote:
KingKaash wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Freeza's really upstaging everybody, and I'm torn because it's bad to see everyone else pushed aside for Freeza, but they're writing him so well.
I actually wanted to make a thread about this. It kind of feels like Frieza has surpassed Vegeta in terms of power & role in the show. After Episode 95, it feels like Frieza is the primary rival to Goku and not Vegeta. The way Frieza is solely focused on defeating Goku is very reminiscent of Vegeta's obsession to beat Goku. But we haven't seen any of that obsession from Vegeta in this entire pre-ToP arc. Frieza has caught some major momentum from fans since he was a surprising inclusion while Vegeta has barely gotten any attention whatsoever. Don't be surprised if Vegeta regresses in terms of his standing among all characters after this tournament is over.

And just curious, what do you all think would constitute to Vegeta NOT being humiliated? Who would Vegeta have to beat for you to say, "Yea Vegeta got the spotlight and attention he deserves."? For me, if Vegeta takes down Hit or Caulifla, and then even gets beat by someone like Jiren, I think that would be a great showing for Vegeta's character.
Vegeta hasn't been Goku's primary rival since Resurrection 'F'.

Actually, I would say Goku stopped being Vegeta's rival once Beerus came into the picture.
I can't agree with that. Toriyama said awhile ago that he had no plans for Goku or Vegeta to come close to Beerus. To me, Beerus is on a completely different stratosphere. Frieza, however, has been shown to really rival Goku recently
Chuquita wrote:He introduced himself as Gokû, so I don't think they do.
KingKaash wrote:
And just curious, what do you all think would constitute to Vegeta NOT being humiliated? Who would Vegeta have to beat for you to say, "Yea Vegeta got the spotlight and attention he deserves."? For me, if Vegeta takes down Hit or Caulifla, and then even gets beat by someone like Jiren, I think that would be a great showing for Vegeta's character.
When I think of Vegeta not being humiliated, I think in terms of Vegeta not being used for comedic purposes. If he just gets beat up in a regular fight and loses, say Jiren just overpowers him or Hit beats him with his time skip, that's just that he wasn't strong or clever enough; that's not humiliating.

But when he's the straightman to a goofy character's wacky antics and loses because of that, then he's humiliated imo. Say Brianne uses her parody magical girl powers to purify him and Vegeta's temporarily in some pure goodness mode, that'll be humiliating him.

Vegeta's barely been in this arc so far so I don't know how much attention he's earned in the tournament, but I'd be happy with him somehow outwitting Hit.

I think Caulifla has to lose to an actual villain (say Freeza) and then have Kale go Brolli mode and try to avenge her. Or maybe Kale's mastered Brolli mode and they'll use that second character model for her.
I hadn't even thought of the goofy stuff for Vegeta. If that happens then that's total humiliation for Vegeta. I meant more along the lines of him getting wrecked by a character he shouldn't have been wrecked by. Like if Kale takes out Vegeta in a good fight (not wrecked) then is that humiliation for Vegeta? I honestly think it would be even though we don't know the true strength of Berserk SSJ
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:38 pm

Brianne humiliating Vegeta though goofy means has been bouncing around my thoughts a while now. Not looking forward to it and half expecting it to happen because of how once fun now tired Vegeta comedy has become.

Kale beating Vegeta would just be more indirect Brolli fanservice imo, not really humiliation for Vegeta, more like a sacrifice so Brolli fans can gloat. They're not able to get the real Brolli in Super, so here's not!Brolli winning stuff.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JigSaw910

Post by JigSaw910 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:05 am

KingKaash wrote:
When I think of Vegeta not being humiliated, I think in terms of Vegeta not being used for comedic purposes. If he just gets beat up in a regular fight and loses, say Jiren just overpowers him or Hit beats him with his time skip, that's just that he wasn't strong or clever enough; that's not humiliating.

But when he's the straightman to a goofy character's wacky antics and loses because of that, then he's humiliated imo. Say Brianne uses her parody magical girl powers to purify him and Vegeta's temporarily in some pure goodness mode, that'll be humiliating him.

Vegeta's barely been in this arc so far so I don't know how much attention he's earned in the tournament, but I'd be happy with him somehow outwitting Hit.

I think Caulifla has to lose to an actual villain (say Freeza) and then have Kale go Brolli mode and try to avenge her. Or maybe Kale's mastered Brolli mode and they'll use that second character model for her.[/quote]

I hadn't even thought of the goofy stuff for Vegeta. If that happens then that's total humiliation for Vegeta. I meant more along the lines of him getting wrecked by a character he shouldn't have been wrecked by. Like if Kale takes out Vegeta in a good fight (not wrecked) then is that humiliation for Vegeta? I honestly think it would be even though we don't know the true strength of Berserk SSJ[/quote]

why would vegeta lose to caulifla? shes a new SSJ2. SSJ2 is garbage

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:49 am

KingKaash wrote:
I can't agree with that. Toriyama said awhile ago that he had no plans for Goku or Vegeta to come close to Beerus. To me, Beerus is on a completely different stratosphere. Frieza, however, has been shown to really rival Goku recently.

That isn't what he said. He said he had no plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpassed Beerus at that moment and he said that over a year ago. Beerus is Goku's rival and the one he truly wants to surpassed. Everyone else are just stepping stones towards that goal.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Code

Post by Code » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:28 am

There are two ways of handling Vegeta in this arc, without making him look weak:

1) Betrayal
Vegeta eliminates a couple of jabronis and 1-2 high profile opponents (Ribrianne, Kale, Hit, Toppo, ...) Then Golden Freeza sneaks up on him and throws him off the stage.
This would be ok, because Vegeta wouldn't have been eliminated because of his weakness, but because of Freeza's betrayal. Plus, these two characters have so much history, that it would make total sense from a story perspective.

2) Double elimination
Vegeta sacrifices himself to take out one of the stronger opponents. Toppo or Hit maybe. This proves, that he finally understood, it's a team game after all. And it shows, that he chooses his team over his pride, which is a nice touch of character growth.
Maybe while doing this, he could give a little speech to Gohan and "pass the torch" so to speak. Gohan then achieves his new form ("I will try a different way") and eliminates Jiren, after Gokus new form hasn't been enough to beat him.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:56 am

Lol, Is it just me or no one seems to like Vegeta on this board?

As for Vegeta - it's good that he didn't really receive much of a screentime. It's simply a diversion.

Vegeta basically did nothing in this arc, very little of screen time and actually I think there were some hints (even in the latest episode) that prove he has something upon his sleeve or Toei/Toriyama will throw Vegeta's fanbase another bone. This shot may be something : https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9Sz4_1ekGpM/maxresdefault.jpg

He is the most exposed. I know it may sound silly but I wouldn't be so sure if this has nothing to do.

Also this shot : http://imgur.com/a/39nMz

I dunno, I just can't really see him being humiliated in this arc. Jobbing? Prolly, yes. And most probably to Jiren, but not humiliated.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:57 am

Yes either by Jiren or Brianne.

But I can see him getting some redemption against Hit before

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:14 am

Kishido wrote:Yes either by Jiren or Brianne.

Brianne? No way. But yeah, he will probably beat the crap out of Hit and maybe Toppo. And then get bodied by Jiren The Grey.
Last edited by Mercenary on Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

Mercenary wrote:

Brianne? No way. But yeah, he will probably beat the crap out of Hit and maybe Toppo. And then get bodied by Jiren The Gay.
First... You mispelled the name of Jiren

Second... Why gay?

Third... What is the problem with gay?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Code wrote:There are two ways of handling Vegeta in this arc, without making him look weak:

1) Betrayal
Vegeta eliminates a couple of jabronis and 1-2 high profile opponents (Ribrianne, Kale, Hit, Toppo, ...) Then Golden Freeza sneaks up on him and throws him off the stage.
This would be ok, because Vegeta wouldn't have been eliminated because of his weakness, but because of Freeza's betrayal. Plus, these two characters have so much history, that it would make total sense from a story perspective.

2) Double elimination
Vegeta sacrifices himself to take out one of the stronger opponents. Toppo or Hit maybe. This proves, that he finally understood, it's a team game after all. And it shows, that he chooses his team over his pride, which is a nice touch of character growth.
Maybe while doing this, he could give a little speech to Gohan and "pass the torch" so to speak. Gohan then achieves his new form ("I will try a different way") and eliminates Jiren, after Gokus new form hasn't been enough to beat him.
I don't know about the Gohan thing. It always sucks when a new form doesn't do much. It's like what's the point ? If Goku gets a new form I want him and the form to shine brightly.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Kishido wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

Brianne? No way. But yeah, he will probably beat the crap out of Hit and maybe Toppo. And then get bodied by Jiren The Gay.

Second... Why gay?

He probably just forgot the r.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:19 pm

I can see Brianne being the one that will beat Vegeta. 2 people that easily beat Vegeta before were 18 and Majin Buu. Brianne is like a combination of the 2 in a way.

My second guess is Jiren.
Last edited by TheDipDap1234 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:20 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

Second... Why gay?

He probably just forgot the r.

Yeah, sorry guys. My bad.

Fixed.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:40 pm

kinisking wrote:
Code wrote:There are two ways of handling Vegeta in this arc, without making him look weak:

1) Betrayal

2) Double elimination
I don't know about the Gohan thing. It always sucks when a new form doesn't do much. It's like what's the point ? If Goku gets a new form I want him and the form to shine brightly.
Agreed and this goes for any of the protagonists getting a new form.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:23 pm

Maybe I'm missing something, but why are people assuming Vegeta will lose to Brianne..?

Is it because he was transformed into a super saiyan while in the opening?? Good grief people are reaching.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:25 pm

TheOne wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but why are people assuming Vegeta will lose to Brianne..?.
Because she had a silly design and people have come to expect those type of fighters to be a threat
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:32 pm

1) Betrayal

2) Double elimination
Awesome ideas. I would be happy with either of your outcomes.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Vegeta's about "yea high" on my list of characters whom I want to see eliminated right out of the starting gate with Goku not far behind him. His arrogance is one of my deepest grievances right now. I would sooner prefer to watch Roshi upstage everyone by using an improvised container made by Piccolo to seal away Jiren and then toss him down into the abyss.