Will Vegeta simply be humiliated again?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: Will Vegeta simply be humiliated again?

Post by Draconic » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:05 am

Humiliated? Probably not. He's not the toughest guy other than Goku in this tournament so there's no reason. If anyone's getting easily beaten by Jiren it's Hit. I can see Vegeta being overwhelmed by Brienne's sidekicks while he's fighting her in order to actually show why teamwork is important, though. I feel, however, if that's to happen, it will pretty early in the fight, with Gohan taking his role as second main guy.

Though, with Bra's birth being kind of important for him, he might not go down easily.

Not sure about anything of what I said, however. There's tons of possibilities and frankly I have no idea where this is going. I feel literally anything might happen and it wouldn't be far fetched.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:07 am

I think he will beat Caulifla and then get beat up by a enraged Kale. The toys suggested he might fight with Kale.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:55 am

We've had a lot of Goku time building up to this tournament. Vegeta will outlast Goku in this battle royale, and I'm leaning toward that he'll unveil something new (as will Goku). Whether it concludes in Vegeta being humiliated, I'm not sure. Previous series history tells us... very likely.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:33 am

I dont think he can be humiliated, he's probably the second or the third strongest member of the team.
I do think the will lose to the big center guy as a way to hype him up again, it'll either be Vegeta or Hit but even if that does happen I dont see it as him being humiliated . I'm counting on Goku,Freeza,Vegeta and Gohan being the last 4 on the team.

Misirius

Post by Misirius » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:57 am

I honestly have no hope for anyone besides Goku this arc.

This was just executed poorly, imo. I was hyped as f#ck for Piccolo and Ten Shin Han, but I have now accepted they will be treated as dog sh#t.

Just one more Goku and Freeza arc.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:59 am

Freeza's really upstaging everybody, and I'm torn because it's bad to see everyone else pushed aside for Freeza, but they're writing him so well.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:21 pm

Misirius wrote:I honestly have no hope for anyone besides Goku this arc.

This was just executed poorly, imo. I was hyped as f#ck for Piccolo and Ten Shin Han, but I have now accepted they will be treated as dog sh#t.

Just one more Goku and Freeza arc.
How do you come to this conclusion? The tournament hasn't even started yet.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:25 pm

He'll get humiliated by Caulifla, Freeza, Frost, Hit, Brianne de Chateau, Kale, and even Cell coming out of nowhere, all at the same time and kicking him in the dick. Then they toss him aside and resume the tournament fight. He hangs by the edge of the stage and accidentally looks at Ayy LMAO, ultimately geting the halo Freeza promised him.

Lame joking aside, he'll probably do OK against Brianne de Chateau, though he'll get cornered by her and her two friends. I can see him as one of the last fighters standing, but I don't expect he'll be the MVP.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:07 am

Chuquita wrote:Freeza's really upstaging everybody, and I'm torn because it's bad to see everyone else pushed aside for Freeza, but they're writing him so well.
I actually wanted to make a thread about this. It kind of feels like Frieza has surpassed Vegeta in terms of power & role in the show. After Episode 95, it feels like Frieza is the primary rival to Goku and not Vegeta. The way Frieza is solely focused on defeating Goku is very reminiscent of Vegeta's obsession to beat Goku. But we haven't seen any of that obsession from Vegeta in this entire pre-ToP arc. Frieza has caught some major momentum from fans since he was a surprising inclusion while Vegeta has barely gotten any attention whatsoever. Don't be surprised if Vegeta regresses in terms of his standing among all characters after this tournament is over.

And just curious, what do you all think would constitute to Vegeta NOT being humiliated? Who would Vegeta have to beat for you to say, "Yea Vegeta got the spotlight and attention he deserves."? For me, if Vegeta takes down Hit or Caulifla, and then even gets beat by someone like Jiren, I think that would be a great showing for Vegeta's character.
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:22 am

Vegeta will for sure earn that humiliation and all we got to do is sit back on our chairs with our legs crossed and wait in earnest patience for that moment to happen in the arc. Vegeta has turned into such a generic stubborn and thick headed numbskull character that I could even care less about his performance in the tournament. He's nothing short but "ORE NO BEJITA-SAMA, IMMA KICK SOME ASS ON MY OWN AND I THEE GOAT OF THE TEAM!!!!" It's not just Freeza that's somewhat shaking the team, but Vegeta as well for being an arrogant imbecile with an inflated ego and not cooperating with the tam, even though there's a chance of his family being erased from existence.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind seeing him get knocked off the stage by Brianne de Chateu, Caulifla, Jiren, or even Freeza shooting some death beams behind Vegeta's back and breaking down Vegeta's ego bit by bit like he did once back on Namek.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:51 am

KingKaash wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Freeza's really upstaging everybody, and I'm torn because it's bad to see everyone else pushed aside for Freeza, but they're writing him so well.
I actually wanted to make a thread about this. It kind of feels like Frieza has surpassed Vegeta in terms of power & role in the show. After Episode 95, it feels like Frieza is the primary rival to Goku and not Vegeta. The way Frieza is solely focused on defeating Goku is very reminiscent of Vegeta's obsession to beat Goku. But we haven't seen any of that obsession from Vegeta in this entire pre-ToP arc. Frieza has caught some major momentum from fans since he was a surprising inclusion while Vegeta has barely gotten any attention whatsoever. Don't be surprised if Vegeta regresses in terms of his standing among all characters after this tournament is over.

And just curious, what do you all think would constitute to Vegeta NOT being humiliated? Who would Vegeta have to beat for you to say, "Yea Vegeta got the spotlight and attention he deserves."? For me, if Vegeta takes down Hit or Caulifla, and then even gets beat by someone like Jiren, I think that would be a great showing for Vegeta's character.
Vegeta hasn't been Goku's primary rival since Resurrection 'F'.

Actually, I would say Goku stopped being Vegeta's rival once Beerus came into the picture.
Last edited by HeroR on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:29 am

This is one of the few arcs were everyone can get A big moment against an Opponent of relative strength to themselves. There is no reason for anyone to be humiliated. If Brianne is on par with Vegeta and he wins after a hard fought fight, and then gets destroyed by Jiren that's not humiliation. Even guys like Tenshinhan can beat people up and shine in this setting. Even being the first to get knocked out isn't so bad if you put in the work before you go. If Vegeta get embarrassed at some point, that's fine if he's positive contribution outweighs it. Some fans probably won't be be happy unless Vegeta beats Jiren, and I'm sorry for you, but you're asking too much probably. All I want is for every member of U7 to have contributed before they go out, and I'll be quite upset if any of them just get wrecked for no reason and without doing anything.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:39 am

Beyond wrote:This is one of the few arcs were everyone can get A big moment against an Opponent of relative strength to themselves. There is no reason for anyone to be humiliated. If Brianne is on par with Vegeta and he wins after a hard fought fight, and then gets destroyed by Jiren that's not humiliation. Even guys like Tenshinhan can beat people up and shine in this setting. Even being the first to get knocked out isn't so bad if you put in the work before you go. If Vegeta get embarrassed at some point, that's fine if he's positive contribution outweighs it. Some fans probably won't be be happy unless Vegeta beats Jiren, and I'm sorry for you, but you're asking too much probably. All I want is for every member of U7 to have contributed before they go out, and I'll be quite upset if any of them just get wrecked for no reason and without doing anything.
Pretty much this. My only concern is any of the less seen U7 fighters(basically anyone outside Goku, Vegeta and I guess Frieza) get tarred with the Jobber brush to show how powerful even the weaker universes are when teaming up. If they can even knock out one other opponent, or even put in a good showing rather than just going down like a sack of spuds I'll feel fairly satisfied.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:58 am

Gotta agree with the above post. To some fans if you don't beat the biggest threat then you're getting treated like garbage. But only in DB does that apply.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:24 am

If getting beat up and tossed off the stage is humiliation, then the only person who won't be "humiliated" is the winner. If Vegeta takes out 5+ people of great strength before losing to, lets say, Jiren, I think that's a good showing. Unless Jiren only fights Vegeta and Goku, he should be delivering a beat down of the same magnitude to multiple people.

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Vice » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:45 am

Beyond wrote:Vegeta fans are like 1st worlders complaining about not making millions a year. Tien fans are dying of starvation. Yamacha fans are getting robbed everyday. 18 fans don't even know what's going on. Piccolo fans are just waiting to be disappointed again.
Vegeta fans are the new Gohan fans. Getting the best of everything in the series, plot importance, character development, power level, save for one character yet still finding something to whine about.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:49 am

My prediction.

There is an obvious tension between Goku and Caulifa.
They will fight with Goku injuring her.
Kale will go SSJ Berserk (Whatever they are calling LSSJ) after seeing this
Fem-Broly now has a motive for hyper focusing on "kakorrot"
Vegeta will get scared for some reason and utterly embarrassed by that berserk form as a homage to the original movie.

Everyone will be angry and we will have a 50 page thread on this topic and 6 other threads referencing these events.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:15 am

TheMikado wrote:My prediction.

Fem-Broly now has a motive for hyper focusing on "kakorrot"
Vegeta will get scared for some reason and utterly embarrassed by that berserk form as a homage to the original movie.

Everyone will be angry and we will have a 50 page thread on this topic and 6 other threads referencing these events.
God Please! let this happen :lol: not for the people flippin out with "WHY MOAR BROLY HOMAGE!" but because I find it funny if it were to happen, as a finishing touch have Piccolo say "Deja Vu...."

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:25 am

TheMikado wrote:My prediction.

Fem-Broly now has a motive for hyper focusing on "kakorrot".
This part I have been thinking for some time as well..
We have Broly, if it dosen't scream kakarot it's incomplete..

But the problem I encountered was, do they even know his Saiyan name?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:27 am

He introduced himself as Gokû, so I don't think they do.
KingKaash wrote:
When I think of Vegeta not being humiliated, I think in terms of Vegeta not being used for comedic purposes. If he just gets beat up in a regular fight and loses, say Jiren just overpowers him or Hit beats him with his time skip, that's just that he wasn't strong or clever enough; that's not humiliating.

But when he's the straightman to a goofy character's wacky antics and loses because of that, then he's humiliated imo. Say Brianne uses her parody magical girl powers to purify him and Vegeta's temporarily in some pure goodness mode, that'll be humiliating him.

Vegeta's barely been in this arc so far so I don't know how much attention he's earned in the tournament, but I'd be happy with him somehow outwitting Hit.

I think Caulifla has to lose to an actual villain (say Freeza) and then have Kale go Brolli mode and try to avenge her. Or maybe Kale's mastered Brolli mode and they'll use that second character model for her.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!