Anyone else can't stand Zen-Oh?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Re: Anyone else can't stand Zen-Oh?

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:26 pm

Kanassa wrote:I hope Frieza does take the Omni-King's throne, but instead of becoming a villain, he just decides to be the multiverse's biggest troll. "Ima chillax in my new dig, but any one wanna take a shot at Son GOku, go right ahead!"
lmao! :clap:
Admittedly, I'd love to see that, but I don't wanna see Zen-Oh go. If they could do a Satan-Buu kind of thing between Goku and Zen-Oh, in which Zeno abandons his role of being Omni-King, and becomes a part of the Z Fighter family, like Beerus and Whis did after BoG and the Beerus saga, playing childish games with Goten, Trunks, and the kid Pilaf squad. I mean, he's just a kid, he doesn't need the responsibility of controlling the multiverse. I could totally see someone accidentally knocking him down, and he's just stares blankly like "I'll erase you", but Bulma or someone steps in immediately to calm him down.

As far as Frieza actually reigning over the universes, which sounds terrifying. I don't know. His ultimate goal (other than obtaining immortality), was ruling over everything, which he would undoubtedly have if made Omni King. If he did adopt that role would he gain the ability to erase stuff, or is that something only Zeno's race has the power to do?

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Snakeway Skywalker wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I hope Frieza does take the Omni-King's throne, but instead of becoming a villain, he just decides to be the multiverse's biggest troll. "Ima chillax in my new dig, but any one wanna take a shot at Son GOku, go right ahead!"
Admittedly, I'd love to see that, but I don't wanna see Zen-Oh go. If they could do a Satan-Buu kind of thing between Goku and Zen-Oh, in which Zeno abandons his role of being Omni-King, and becomes a part of the Z Fighter family, like Beerus and Whis did after BoG and the Beerus saga, playing childish games with Goten, Trunks, and the kid Pilaf squad. I mean, he's just a kid, he doesn't need the responsibility of controlling the multiverse. I could totally see someone accidentally knocking him down, and he's just stares blankly like "I'll erase you", but Bulma or someone steps in immediately to calm him down.

As far as Frieza actually reigning over the universes, which sounds terrifying. I don't know. His ultimate goal (other than obtaining immortality), was ruling over everything, which he would undoubtedly have if made Omni King. If he did adopt that role would he gain the ability to erase stuff, or is that something only Zeno's race has the power to do?
I've also thought of this strange possibility that Zeno is just one of the only known entity of his kind which is the most powerful species and the Grand Priest and family are the second most powerful species, but also much more intelligent and they've realized it is their duty to control Zeno and take the role of mitigating his damage. This also makes me feel Grand Priest is looking for the most powerful warriors to see if maybe a unique being exists that can challenge Zeno. All just wild theories really and probably none of it is true, but there are some small hints here and there that make me believe it's not impossible.

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Zagacious wrote:
Snakeway Skywalker wrote:

I've also thought of this strange possibility that Zeno is just one of the only known entity of his kind which is the most powerful species and the Grand Priest and family are the second most powerful species, but also much more intelligent and they've realized it is their duty to control Zeno and take the role of mitigating his damage. This also makes me feel Grand Priest is looking for the most powerful warriors to see if maybe a unique being exists that can challenge Zeno. All just wild theories really and probably none of it is true, but there are some small hints here and there that make me believe it's not impossible.
Well, still, that's a really interesting idea that I hadn't heard before. In a Detective Q video last week, he mentioned the bizarre possibility of other members of Zeno's species being the rulers of other multiverses, like a Z Dad, Mom, and whole family, with Zen-chan being the youngster, and thus not the wise god of everything we would expect of someone in his position.

This whole talk about the angels being evil and the next arc some sort of "Angelic War arc" just seems so out of left field for Super. Granted, that also describes the Zamasu/Goku Black arc, but I think it would be much better if the tournament ended and we found out that it was actually Zeno's idea to erase the universes as a condition of the TOP, not the Grand Priest, who was looking for a mortal powerful enough to replace Zen as omni king, or at least just a job offer. That sounds more on key for the light-hearted tone of this show.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:38 pm

I've said it since the get go... Zeno is a puppet with borrowed power, he's not the guy calling the shots. And I'm not talking about the grand priest either.