Official Tournament of Power Eliminations Thread (Complete)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by precita » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:37 pm

What did Gohan do? He took out a few minor characters, and the Nameks were intended to be his big win but the way they handled it was downplayed. I can't count Gohan defeating the U3 monster because 17 got the big victory there and it was just a group effort, Gohan himself got no focus in that.

Then Gohan holds Dyspo for 5 seconds and gets blasted by Freeza.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:20 am

In the first post, in the section "Number of Eliminations by Episode", the same title is repeated for both episodes 122 and 123.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:15 am

Gig wrote:In the first post, in the section "Number of Eliminations by Episode", the same title is repeated for both episodes 122 and 123.
Thanks for that, human error and all that. I'll fix that now :)

If Toyotaro keeps his own record of things in the manga, I will not continue this thread after the anime's events conclude

Peripuff

Post by Peripuff » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:45 pm

"56. Aniraza (Universe 3) (0) was eliminated by Goku (Universe 7) (11) with a casual kick off the arena, Vegeta (Universe 7) (10), Frieza (Universe 7) (5), and Gohan (Universe 7) (5) with a combined four-person energy blast. As Aniraza was a single entity that was eliminated at once, this only counts as one elimination for Universe 7, despite the de-fused form being made up of four characters. The same occurred with Kefla. (Episode 121)"

I don't think "a casual kick" is the right description

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:31 am

Peripuff wrote:"56. Aniraza (Universe 3) (0) was eliminated by Goku (Universe 7) (11) with a casual kick off the arena, Vegeta (Universe 7) (10), Frieza (Universe 7) (5), and Gohan (Universe 7) (5) with a combined four-person energy blast. As Aniraza was a single entity that was eliminated at once, this only counts as one elimination for Universe 7, despite the de-fused form being made up of four characters. The same occurred with Kefla. (Episode 121)"

How did I miss that?

Seems that one makes mistakes when simply copying and pasting to update a previous log. I'l fix that up now. :lol:

Peripuff

Post by Peripuff » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:38 am

shadowmaria wrote:
Peripuff wrote:"56. Aniraza (Universe 3) (0) was eliminated by Goku (Universe 7) (11) with a casual kick off the arena, Vegeta (Universe 7) (10), Frieza (Universe 7) (5), and Gohan (Universe 7) (5) with a combined four-person energy blast. As Aniraza was a single entity that was eliminated at once, this only counts as one elimination for Universe 7, despite the de-fused form being made up of four characters. The same occurred with Kefla. (Episode 121)"

How did I miss that?

Seems that one makes mistakes when simply copying and pasting to update a previous log. I'l fix that up now. :lol:
You might also want to change these parts in the manga section:

"Number of Eliminations by Episode:
1. XX XXX 2017 - Chapter ? - xxx! xxx!!: "

The word 'Episode' and '2017' to 'Chapter' and '2018' respectively

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:30 pm

Peripuff wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:

How did I miss that?

The manga section is a rush job because at this stage, it's unknown as to whether or not Toyotaro will do his own records within the manga or not (this thread was created after the first episode of the Tournament aired with the first eliminations)

Fixing it up will take place once we know for certain. As mentioned, if Toyotaro does his own records in print, then this thread will be discontinued

Peripuff

Post by Peripuff » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:25 am

shadowmaria wrote:
Peripuff wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
How did I miss that?

The manga section is a rush job because at this stage, it's unknown as to whether or not Toyotaro will do his own records within the manga or not (this thread was created after the first episode of the Tournament aired with the first eliminations)

Fixing it up will take place once we know for certain. As mentioned, if Toyotaro does his own records in print, then this thread will be discontinued
Yeah, I read everything else in this thread, it just irritated me slightly. Although I have a question, if people eliminated themselves, whey don't they get a point, i.e. if Caway eliminated herself, why doesn't she and her universe get a point?

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:44 am

Peripuff wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
Peripuff wrote:

Yeah, I read everything else in this thread, it just irritated me slightly. Although I have a question, if people eliminated themselves, whey don't they get a point, i.e. if Caway eliminated herself, why doesn't she and her universe get a point?
I appreciate the fact you took the time out of your day to read the whole thread.

That's a fair point, and I'm happy to clarify that point; basically there's no point given for a suicide because they're throwing themselves off the thing, nobody is forcing them to do it. It was a suicide, not an elimination. A fine line, I know

Peripuff

Post by Peripuff » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:18 am

shadowmaria wrote:
Peripuff wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:

I appreciate the fact you took the time out of your day to read the whole thread.

That's a fair point, and I'm happy to clarify that point; basically there's no point given for a suicide because they're throwing themselves off the thing, nobody is forcing them to do it. It was a suicide, not an elimination. A fine line, I know
I guess that makes sense, you shouldn't be rewarded for eliminating yourself.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:24 pm

Toppo is out.

Eliminated by Vegeta

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Freeza is still in right? They mysteriously stopped showing him, but I hope he makes a great comeback now for real :clap:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:36 pm

Xeogran wrote:Freeza is still in right? They mysteriously stopped showing him, but I hope he makes a great comeback now for real :clap:
He's skulking around somewhere. Freezers don't match up well with Stoves so I'm betting he's not to eager to fight Jiren especially in his current condition.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:04 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Toppo is out.

Eliminated by Vegeta
How are your feelings on this elimination by Vegeta?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:47 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Toppo is out.

Eliminated by Vegeta
How are your feelings on this elimination by Vegeta?
I'm happy his initial skirmishes with Toppo had some kind of payoff. I was dreading this idea that they were teasing Toppo and Vegeta fighting and it wasn't going to happen in the end. I'm just glad Vegeta got his first major win in... well... ever. Like, has he ever had a victory this big before in Dragon Ball?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:53 pm

So given Goku will probably eliminate Jiren is it safe to say Freeza/17/Vegeta's eliminations are done?

Vegito Black
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegito Black » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:42 am

Why does kefla count as a 1 person elimination when she's two people?

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:15 am

58. Toppo (Universe 11) (0) was eliminated by Vegeta(Universe 7) (11) with the same move that he used to try and destroy Majin Buu (Episode 126)

30. 04 FEB 2018 - Episode 126 - Surpass Even A God! Vegeta's Life-Risking Blow!!: 1

Tournament of Power Competitors Eliminated: 75/80

Only 5 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power
Vegito Black wrote:Why does kefla count as a 1 person elimination when she's two people?
Please read the rules as almost every question regarding this is addressed in the rules;
The Rules in the Original Post wrote:7. A Fused Character Gains An Elimination or is Eliminated: As two or more characters fusing creates a new character with their own techniques, identity, name, and characterisation; the fused character would gain their own Elimination Point, for the Universe that they originate from. Conversely, if a fused character is eliminated, then the eliminator will only gain one Elimination Point.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:31 am

shadowmaria wrote:58. Toppo (Universe 11) (0) was eliminated by Vegeta(Universe 7) (11) with the same move that he used to try and destroy Majin Buu (Episode 126)

30. 04 FEB 2018 - Episode 126 - Surpass Even A God! Vegeta's Life-Risking Blow!!: 1

Tournament of Power Competitors Eliminated: 75/80

Only 5 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power
Vegito Black wrote:Why does kefla count as a 1 person elimination when she's two people?
Please read the rules as almost every question regarding this is addressed in the rules;
The Rules in the Original Post wrote:7. A Fused Character Gains An Elimination or is Eliminated: As two or more characters fusing creates a new character with their own techniques, identity, name, and characterisation; the fused character would gain their own Elimination Point, for the Universe that they originate from. Conversely, if a fused character is eliminated, then the eliminator will only gain one Elimination Point.
Man, I'm truly grateful for this thread. There was just no way I would have been able to keep track of all the eliminations on my own time. Good work, m8 :thumbup:

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:40 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Man, I'm truly grateful for this thread. There was just no way I would have been able to keep track of all the eliminations on my own time. Good work, m8 :thumbup:
Glad to have helped! It's been a fun ride, and I only hope that Toyotaro neglects to do his own tally so that this thread can live on from March onwards assuming, of course, that this next chapter in February is simply meeting all the competitors, introductions, and so on before the Tournament starts proper in the chapter releasing at the end of March