Official Tournament of Power Eliminations Thread (Complete)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The_Destroyer
Regular

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:33 am

So it took four episodes to eliminate Caulifla and Kale. I think that's just stupid.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:35 am

majinwarman wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:I'm so angry about the Super Saiyan 3 Chehkov Gun, you have no idea.

Anyway, on-topic. This was a really difficult thing to write up for this elimination due to the complications of the fusion dissolving at the time of Kefla being ringed out, but Caulifla and Kale landing the bleachers

44. Kefla (Universe 6) (0) was eliminated by Goku (Universe 7) (7) with a massive Kamehameha to the face (Episode 116), which disintegrated the Potara Earrings. Kefla then teleported out of the battle, and reappeared de-fused. It was also stated in the episode that Goku defeated Kefla. Goku gains one elimination point, however two competitors have been removed from Universe 6. To quote the Grand Priest: Universe 6's Kefla-san, who was Kale-san and Caulifla-san, has dropped out

Tournament of Power Competitors Eliminated: 54/80

Universe 2 Competitors eliminated: 5/10
Universe 3 Competitors eliminated: 4/10
Universe 4 Competitors eliminated: 7/10
Universe 6 Competitors eliminated: 8/10
Universe 7 Competitors eliminated: 3/10
Universe 9 Competitors eliminated: 10/10
Universe 10 Competitors eliminated: 10/10
Universe 11 Competitors eliminated: 7/10

Only 26 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power
But, aren't they two people though so it would be two points right?
Nope. Goku eliminated Kefla, then they de-fused and to quote the Grand Priest: Universe 6's Kefla-san, who was Kale-san and Caulifla-san, has dropped out

EDIT: Referring to Tournament of Power Elimination Rules:

7. A Fused Character Gains An Elimination or is Eliminated: As two characters fusing creates a new character with their own techniques, identity, name, and characterisation (in the case of Potara or Metamorese Fusion, anyway), and as Toei Animation themselves will note that the fused character would be the one to make the elimination in official works. Therefore; the fused character would gain their own Elimination Point, for the Universe that they originate from. Conversely, if a fused character is eliminated, then the eliminator will only gain one Elimination Point.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:24 am

The_Destroyer wrote:So it took four episodes to eliminate Caulifla and Kale. I think that's just stupid.
I don't see why. They were important characters this arc and they wanted to showcase the girls both separately and then as a new fusion character. Their screentime was perfect.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:26 am

precita wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:So it took four episodes to eliminate Caulifla and Kale. I think that's just stupid.
I don't see why. They were important characters this arc and they wanted to showcase the girls both separately and then as a new fusion character. Their screentime was perfect.
Narratively she really wasn't all that important as her fight didn't really lead into anything or have that much of an impression on how the rest of the tournament turned out.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:46 am

shadowmaria wrote:I'm so angry about the Super Saiyan 3 Chehkov Gun, you have no idea.
I think the girls will go Super Saiyan 3, but that will happen in a future arc. There are still many "uncompleted" Chekhov Guns, like Vegeta visiting Planet Sadal and the girls getting their rematch with Goku.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Zeno's button

Post by Zeno's button » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:25 pm

shadowmaria wrote: Number of Eliminations by Episode:

16. 22 OCT 2017 - Episode 112 - A Saiyan's Vow! Vegeta's Resolution!!: 2
17. 29 OCT 2017 - Episode 113 - With Great Joy! The Repeat Battle-Crazy Saiyan Fight!!: 0
18. 05 NOV 2017 - Episode 114 - Intimidating Passion! Birth of the New Super Warrior!!: 0
19. 12 NOV 2017 - Episode 115 - Goku vs Kefla! Super Saiyan Blue Defeated!!: 0
20. 19 NOV 2017 - Episode 116 - The Sign of a Comeback! Ultra Instinct's Huge Explosion!!: 2
21. 26 NOV 2017 - Episode 117 - Grand Love Showdown! Android's VS Universe 2!!:
22. 03 DEC 2017 - Episode 118 - Accelerating Drama! A Universe Disappears!!:
23. 10 DEC 2017 - Episode 119 - New Casualty From Universe 7! The True Ability of Universe 4!!:
I think we should say two people were eliminated in episode 116. I understand the logic behind Goku getting only one point, but both Caulifla and Kale were eliminated (their universe now has been left with two competitors down from 4).

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:47 am

Zeno's button wrote:
shadowmaria wrote: Number of Eliminations by Episode:

16. 22 OCT 2017 - Episode 112 - A Saiyan's Vow! Vegeta's Resolution!!: 2
17. 29 OCT 2017 - Episode 113 - With Great Joy! The Repeat Battle-Crazy Saiyan Fight!!: 0
18. 05 NOV 2017 - Episode 114 - Intimidating Passion! Birth of the New Super Warrior!!: 0
19. 12 NOV 2017 - Episode 115 - Goku vs Kefla! Super Saiyan Blue Defeated!!: 0
20. 19 NOV 2017 - Episode 116 - The Sign of a Comeback! Ultra Instinct's Huge Explosion!!: 2
21. 26 NOV 2017 - Episode 117 - Grand Love Showdown! Android's VS Universe 2!!:
22. 03 DEC 2017 - Episode 118 - Accelerating Drama! A Universe Disappears!!:
23. 10 DEC 2017 - Episode 119 - New Casualty From Universe 7! The True Ability of Universe 4!!:
I think we should say two people were eliminated in episode 116. I understand the logic behind Goku getting only one point, but both Caulifla and Kale were eliminated (their universe now has been left with two competitors down from 4).
You're right, that 1 was a typo. :thumb: All fixed now

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:56 am

We have reached the last 26 fighters left in the Tournment Of Power.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:18 pm

majinwarman wrote:We have reached the last 26 fighters left in the Tournment Of Power.
Very soon we'll be down to Universe 7, Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, and one other fighter! :shock: :lol:

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:24 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
majinwarman wrote:We have reached the last 26 fighters left in the Tournment Of Power.
Very soon we'll be down to Universe 7, Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, and one other fighter! :shock: :lol:
Maybe!!
Majinwarman

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:11 am

I recognise that we have spoilers which indicates some more eliminations, and how they occur

However for the sanctity of this thread, this won't be updated until after the episode actually airs

This may or may not be the same process between chapter leaks and official Viz releases

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:17 pm

shadowmaria wrote:I recognise that we have spoilers which indicates some more eliminations, and how they occur

However for the sanctity of this thread, this won't be updated until after the episode actually airs

This may or may not be the same process between chapter leaks and official Viz releases
That is probably the best way too. Just in case there are fake spoilers that say stuff that doesn't happen. For example: Frieza joining Universe 4 leaks that happened back in June.
Majinwarman

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Rozie is eliminated.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Brianne is gone. Defeated by the only true woman.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:50 pm

Cetra wrote:Brianne is gone. Defeated by the only true woman.
Good riddance.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:06 pm

45. Su Roas (Rozie) (Universe 2) (0) was eliminated by #17 (Universe 7) (3) when he took advantage of Su Roas (Rozie) being accidentally hit by Brianne de Chateau (Ribrianne)'s attack, and blasted her out of the arena off the rebound. Brianne de Chateau (Ribrianne) gains an assist
46. Brianne de Chateau (Ribrianne) (Universe 2) (1) was eliminated by #18 (Universe 7) (5) after #18 punched a hole through the head of Super Ribrianne's Giant Form

Universe 2 Competitors eliminated: 7/10
Universe 3 Competitors eliminated: 4/10
Universe 4 Competitors eliminated: 7/10
Universe 6 Competitors eliminated: 8/10
Universe 7 Competitors eliminated: 3/10
Universe 9 Competitors eliminated: 10/10
Universe 10 Competitors eliminated: 10/10
Universe 11 Competitors eliminated: 7/10

21. 26 NOV 2017 - Episode 117 - Grand Love Showdown! Android's VS Universe 2!!: 2

Tournament of Power Competitors Eliminated: 56/80

Only 24 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Katopesla is still holding strong. Although at this point he's been hit by like almost everyone on the Tournament :lol:

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:17 pm

Oh gee. The predictable boring thing happened. Yaaaaaaay. :|

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:58 pm

While I liked the latest episode, I’m gonna be honest here, I’m really waiting for someone from Universe 7 to get eliminated. The fact that they’re currently the universe with the most fighters left, and haven’t lost any of their heavy hitters yet, is starting to suck away the tension.

On another note, does anyone else find it kind of weird that U3 is currently the universe with the second largest number of fighters remaining? I would’ve thought they’d be eliminated by this point.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:13 pm

WittyUsername wrote:While I liked the latest episode, I’m gonna be honest here, I’m really waiting for someone from Universe 7 to get eliminated. The fact that they’re currently the universe with the most fighters left, and haven’t lost any of their heavy hitters yet, is starting to suck away the tension.

On another note, does anyone else find it kind of weird that U3 is currently the universe with the second largest number of fighters remaining? I would’ve thought they’d be eliminated by this point.
The sad part is, I think it's because they're so unremarkable everyone keeps forgetting about them. Maybe that's why Katopesra keeps showing up lately, they're trying to give Universe 3 a face.

I'm with you though on the lack of tension though. At this point, Universe 6 feel more suited to the protagonist role than 7. If this were an 80s sports movie, they'd be the scrappy underdogs, while 7 are beginning to feel like the haughty rich kids with tailored uniforms and daddy's money.